rishiswaz

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
I have already purchased a EVGA GTX 560 DS SSC, I previously had a nice system with a "slightly" used Radeon 6990 I got off of ebay but it is cheap for a reason and it failed on me after a couple of weeks. However I plan to upgrade to Ivy for maybe future PCIe gen 3. The thing is I do not know if I should just stick with a high end Ivy i3 or if I should go for the low end i5s. I am not going to be overclocking and am getting the H77 chipset anyways so unlocked or not makes no difference to me. I am leaning i3 but I don't want to spend 200 on a graphics card to have it bottlenecked by my CPU.

rishiswaz

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
I had a nice system watercooled and all but I want to stick to something cheap right now as a temp upgrade because I think it might have messed with my CPU as well because it is giving me a lot of voltage BSODs even after changing everything back to stock and raising the voltage. I will need to get a new graphics card waterblock eventually and a new CPU waterblock if haswell 1150 does not play nice with AM3(+)/current Intel waterblocks. Seeing as I am coming from a mainly AMD background, I did a 2500K build that I sold off eventually because I did not need anything beyond my 1100T at the time. So getting new waterblocks(later)+ new motherboard+ that $200 dollar GPU+ ~150 CPU is putting me out deep. Might even need to get a new PSU if that is the problem

TRENDING THREADS