I accidently ordered the intel 3570 instead of the k

Status
Not open for further replies.

meepdacreep

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Well I bought a brand new set up and totally missed the k and thought I was getting a really good deal.

basically I was wondering if you think I should return the 3570 and get the k, it will probably be a week till it arrives and then I'll have to wait longer to do the return.

I would like to try some overclocking and I know the basic difference between the 2. I mainly game and video edit so would I really be missing alot of performance not having the k version?

I also grabbed a gigabyte 7970 if that makes a difference.

Solution
It was a good choice, the i5 is a better cpu, and for the 7970 a good choice,it doesn't bottleneck the 7970, the FX-6120 does bottleneck the 7970.
if it still it the hands of usps or usp call them up and refuse the package. it save you the 20.00 in shipping and insuranc cost if it hits your hands. most good computer stores can recall there product while in transit. if it does show up write refused on it and call uspos or ups to pick it up and send it back.

meepdacreep

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Its the z77 from msi it was a combo deal with the intel. I already called newegg and they said I can return it unopened. Now I have to wait 2 weeks for my computer :(. If I overclock the non k to lets say 4.1 or 4.2 wont that be pretty good in itself. If the 3570k is crazy better than ill get that but if its just a small difference ill keep it. Hmmmm

What is the cooler you have ?
If it's the stock one, stay with the i5-3570, it can oc to that levels, so the only point with the i5-3570k is pushing to much further than that, but with an aftermarket cooler.

meepdacreep

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Will it make a big difference in gaming even if I got the 7970. I suck with patience but if the 3570k is going to wow me compared to the non k ill force myself to wait and game on my yawn.... ps3

unoriginal1

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012

Will it make a difference today... tomorrow or even 3 months. No it won't. It'll game just fine.

BUT

Give it two years when you are going to need that OC ability. Thats when you'll be kicking yourself in the face for not getting the K version. As others have said, patience is a virtue. Send it back get the right Chip. Im surprised thou that a combo deal would come with a z77 and a 3570 non k version.

burbee

Honorable
Dec 14, 2012

Excàctly what he says. In the long run it will be MUCH better.

And yeah lol, a Z77+non-K combo, what a rip-off

meepdacreep

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Damn!!!!!! Well does anyone know how newegg works with returns. Would I send it back and get refinded once they recieve it and then order another one. If anything ill next day it lol.

meepdacreep

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Ok this will probably 100% decide it for me

Lets say there is an 3570k oc at 4.5 and there is a 3570 non k oc at 4.2 side by side

In games and video editing will there be really any noticable differences besides benchmarks.

And if a new chip comes out in a year or 2 I'll probably just buy it.

But if anyone can give me some insight on my question I thank you much.

Can't you wait for it ?
The i5-3570 will give the performance you'll want, the i5-3570k with overclock might be better for the "future", but in the future there will always be new better cpus, there's the haswell cpus coming, and probably more for the next few years.
Both are good cpus, but if your intention was to overclock the cpu, get the i5-3570K.

meepdacreep

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
I am a very impatient person It really sucks I know. I save a little money too but I wouldnt mind buying a new chip in a year anyways. Ive never oc before so I don't know how much it really does so I think ill be fine with the non k and at 4.2 ghz I think ill be satisfied. Im coming from a fx6120 with gtx 660 to the 3570 with a gigabyte 7970 3 gb, do u think thats a good update in itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.