PSU Braiding service?

Hey, I have been looking at braiding my PSU for a while. It is a Rosewill Xtreme 750W series psu. My question is, are there any services or companies which i can send the entire psu to and they will braid each cable for me? I don't trust myself with it and my PSU is not modular, unlike every PSU used in any braiding tutorial on the internet. Price is a small barrier, if it is an insane charge, still recommend it so I know these services are out there.
13 answers Last reply
More about braiding service
  1. Why not just get custom cabling from NZXT?

http://www.nzxt.com/new/product.php?series_name=Premium+Cables&series=13

TONS cheaper. With what you save you can get a new modular PSU.
  2. groundrat said:
    Why not just get custom cabling from NZXT?

http://www.nzxt.com/new/product.php?series_name=Premium+Cables&series=13

TONS cheaper. With what you save you can get a new modular PSU.

arent they just extensions?

so the rest of the cable still wouldnt be braided
  3. You'd be better off buying a different PSU - it would be FAR cheaper. :P
  4. what about wrap around braiding?

that may be more suitable if you dont have modular cables
  5. DarkSable said:
    You'd be better off buying a different PSU - it would be FAR cheaper. :P

Buy one of the Corsair Ax's and grab the optional individually sleeved kits off of their site
  6. mcnumpty23 said:
    arent they just extensions?

so the rest of the cable still wouldnt be braided

On your present PSU, yes.

On an new modular PSU, no.
  7. I was thinking the exact same question as you, it looks so good.

If you don't feel like doing it yourself, get a corsair modular power supply, you can get different coloured sleeves from them.
  8. groundrat said:
    On your present PSU, yes.

On an new modular PSU, no.

dont think you can plug those directly into a modular psu--think they are extensions only

even if they could be plugged straight into a modular psu 25cm seems too short
  9. mcnumpty23 said:
    what about wrap around braiding?

that may be more suitable if you dont have modular cables

I have looked into that but i like the individually braided cable look more than the big tube of cable
  10. mindless728 said:
    Buy one of the Corsair Ax's and grab the optional individually sleeved kits off of their site

I was going to get a corsair but my rosewill had more power and had a blue led fan. I've also heard that with corsair power supplies, they dont run the fan for a while then ramp it up a ton for about 5 seconds.
  11. taxemicshadow said:
    I was going to get a corsair but my rosewill had more power and had a blue led fan. I've also heard that with corsair power supplies, they dont run the fan for a while then ramp it up a ton for about 5 seconds.

my corsair ax860i doesnt do that

i cant even make the fan spin at all unless i run prime95 and msi kombustor at the same time
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components