Sign in with
Your question

PSU Braiding service?

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Components
Last response: in Components
February 1, 2013 5:13:20 PM

Hey, I have been looking at braiding my PSU for a while. It is a Rosewill Xtreme 750W series psu. My question is, are there any services or companies which i can send the entire psu to and they will braid each cable for me? I don't trust myself with it and my PSU is not modular, unlike every PSU used in any braiding tutorial on the internet. Price is a small barrier, if it is an insane charge, still recommend it so I know these services are out there.

More about : psu braiding service

Related resources
a b ) Power supply
February 1, 2013 7:12:04 PM

You'd be better off buying a different PSU - it would be FAR cheaper. :p 
m
l
a b ) Power supply
February 1, 2013 7:14:25 PM

what about wrap around braiding?

that may be more suitable if you dont have modular cables
m
l
February 1, 2013 7:36:48 PM

DarkSable said:
You'd be better off buying a different PSU - it would be FAR cheaper. :p 

Buy one of the Corsair Ax's and grab the optional individually sleeved kits off of their site
m
l
February 1, 2013 7:39:32 PM

mcnumpty23 said:
arent they just extensions?

so the rest of the cable still wouldnt be braided

On your present PSU, yes.

On an new modular PSU, no.
m
l
February 1, 2013 7:39:51 PM

I was thinking the exact same question as you, it looks so good.

If you don't feel like doing it yourself, get a corsair modular power supply, you can get different coloured sleeves from them.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
February 1, 2013 7:49:09 PM

groundrat said:
On your present PSU, yes.

On an new modular PSU, no.

dont think you can plug those directly into a modular psu--think they are extensions only

even if they could be plugged straight into a modular psu 25cm seems too short

m
l
February 1, 2013 9:12:48 PM

mcnumpty23 said:
what about wrap around braiding?

that may be more suitable if you dont have modular cables

I have looked into that but i like the individually braided cable look more than the big tube of cable
m
l
February 1, 2013 9:14:04 PM

mindless728 said:
Buy one of the Corsair Ax's and grab the optional individually sleeved kits off of their site

I was going to get a corsair but my rosewill had more power and had a blue led fan. I've also heard that with corsair power supplies, they dont run the fan for a while then ramp it up a ton for about 5 seconds.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
February 1, 2013 9:21:23 PM

taxemicshadow said:
I was going to get a corsair but my rosewill had more power and had a blue led fan. I've also heard that with corsair power supplies, they dont run the fan for a while then ramp it up a ton for about 5 seconds.

my corsair ax860i doesnt do that

i cant even make the fan spin at all unless i run prime95 and msi kombustor at the same time
m
l
!