Sign in with
Your question

Linksys e4200 Or Belkin N750DB

Last response: in Networking
September 16, 2011 7:25:31 PM

So i have narrowed it down to either the linksys e4200 or the belkin n750db. I have heard mixed reviews about both of these routers. after having a netgear wndr 3700 v2 with major issues even after flashing it with ddwrt its time to move on. I have heard reviews that the e4200 is extremely fast but have also heard the belkin n750db has even faster throughput. Has anyone has success with either of these routers?

Thanks

Hawk
September 18, 2011 1:42:25 AM

i have been using cisco and linksys for years. i try to select wifi routers that have antenna on the outside vs the ones that are on the inside. apart from that i don't think most residential brands have much difference.
m
l
September 23, 2011 11:48:58 AM

I would agree that I also prefer external antennas, but since having both the Asus RT-N56U and currently E4200 I have been very pleased with them. The Belkin n750db is an RT-N56U with newer hardware, only thing is that these two units are not currently supported by DD-WRT, someone had donated an RT-N56U router to the DD-WRT group but no sign of progress has been yet stated. As for the E4200 I have been happy with it and has been solid since day one (no reboots or having to recycle power, and resets). I have been tempted to throw DD-WRT on the E4200 but I have been a bit nervous in possibly bricking the unit considering what I paid for it.
m
l
September 23, 2011 3:29:47 PM

if you are handy with a soldering iron you can spend a few bucks at radio shack and use a parallel port to unbrick a router. ive done it before. transfer speeds are around 3 bytes/s but it will get the job done.
m
l
!