Toggle Images.exe

August 16, 2005 7:20:37 PM

In IE Links, what does Toggle Images.exe do?
(I imagine it's supposed to turn on or off images)
I've never used this feature before.
Thanks,
Treeman

--
Treeman

More about : toggle images exe

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 8:14:12 PM

[[Image Toggler
Now you can turn off images for extra speed and turn them back on again even
more quickly and easily. Simply look for Toggle Images in the Links bar and
click it. ]]
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/previous/webaccess/...

[[Image Toggler -- toggles images off and on. When you click the Toggle
Images.exe button in the Links bar, it's six mouse strokes for the price of
one (no more laborious View / Internet Options / Advanced / click to scroll
down / un-check "Show pictures" / OK... whew). Reload the current page to
clear the images on that page, if desired. The page you browse right after
the toggle will behave according to the way you toggled. This'n is our
favorite.]]
Microsoft Internet Explorer PowerToys
http://www.thenakedpc.com/articles/v01/02/0102-05.html

[[Image Toggler
Using Image Toggler you can enable or disable displaying images in Internet
Explorer. To toggle images off or on, click Toggle Images on the Links
Bar. ]]
Description of the Internet Explorer PowerToys
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=177725

Description of the Internet Explorer PowerToys
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;177725

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:Treeman.1tvjsq@no-mx.msusenet.com,
Treeman <Treeman.1tvjsq@no-mx.msusenet.com> hunted and pecked:
> In IE Links, what does Toggle Images.exe do?
> (I imagine it's supposed to turn on or off images)
> I've never used this feature before.
> Thanks,
> Treeman
>

> --
> Treeman

> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260
August 17, 2005 1:17:19 PM

Thanks Wes,
I figured it was something like that. I was cleaning out my "Links'"
toolbar, and was wondering if I can delete this. Since it looks like
it's a basic part of IE, I'll just leave it alone.
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

August 17, 2005 2:26:40 PM

It is an add on, not part of IE. I don't have it.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:Treeman.1twxsq@no-mx.msusenet.com,
Treeman <Treeman.1twxsq@no-mx.msusenet.com> hunted and pecked:
> Thanks Wes,
> I figured it was something like that. I was cleaning out my "Links'"
> toolbar, and was wondering if I can delete this. Since it looks like
> it's a basic part of IE, I'll just leave it alone.
> Best,
> Treeman
>

> --
> Treeman

> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260
August 19, 2005 1:52:01 AM

>Treeman <Treeman.1twxsq@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote:

>Thanks Wes,
>I figured it was something like that. I was cleaning out my "Links'"
>toolbar, and was wondering if I can delete this. Since it looks like
>it's a basic part of IE, I'll just leave it alone.

Image Toggler is optional, came with a little package of Microsoft
add-ons that included zoom in. I put a shortcut to it on my task bar
because I don't have much memory.
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 2:16:48 PM

Thanks Maureen,
I sit so close to this 19" screen now because of old eyes, that if I
used zoom in, which I don't have, my head would be stuck in the
monitor!
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

August 22, 2005 2:17:30 PM

Amazing how people do not return to threads to see what else might have been
posted, huh?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:eOlLWkOpFHA.2952@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
David Candy <.> hunted and pecked:
> No it wouldn't. You'd be able to see and sit normally.
>
> Here is a collection of files (attached) that allow page zooming to
> normal, 150%, and 200%. Page Zooming changes text size as well. It also
> moves toggleimages off the stupid links bar and onto the tools menu. Edit
> the files if you want more zoom options.
>
> Copy the files to a folder called zoom in My Documents or edit the reg
> files and change the path. Put toggle Images in the folder as well (from
> Links folder).
>
> I've also included zoomin and zoomout from powertoys as they have a bug
> and these are debugged versions. Either replace the versions in
> c:\windows\web folder or dbl click the reg file to have the feature in
> the ZOOM folder you created.
>
> You MUST edit the reg files and replace my user profile name with your
> own.
------------------------
> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.htm...
> "Treeman" <Treeman.1u0pwr@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Thanks Maureen,
>> I sit so close to this 19" screen now because of old eyes, that if I
>> used zoom in, which I don't have, my head would be stuck in the
>> monitor!
>> Best,
>> Treeman
>>

>> --
>> Treeman

>> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260
>> View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870986766
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 3:59:08 PM

He posted in a different thread a few minutes ago. Guess he's eyes are are too poor to read how to read.

"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%239R6oTzpFHA.1416@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Amazing how people do not return to threads to see what else might have been
> posted, huh?
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:eOlLWkOpFHA.2952@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
> David Candy <.> hunted and pecked:
>> No it wouldn't. You'd be able to see and sit normally.
>>
>> Here is a collection of files (attached) that allow page zooming to
>> normal, 150%, and 200%. Page Zooming changes text size as well. It also
>> moves toggleimages off the stupid links bar and onto the tools menu. Edit
>> the files if you want more zoom options.
>>
>> Copy the files to a folder called zoom in My Documents or edit the reg
>> files and change the path. Put toggle Images in the folder as well (from
>> Links folder).
>>
>> I've also included zoomin and zoomout from powertoys as they have a bug
>> and these are debugged versions. Either replace the versions in
>> c:\windows\web folder or dbl click the reg file to have the feature in
>> the ZOOM folder you created.
>>
>> You MUST edit the reg files and replace my user profile name with your
>> own.
>> --
>> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.htm...
>> "Treeman" <Treeman.1u0pwr@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Thanks Maureen,
>>> I sit so close to this 19" screen now because of old eyes, that if I
>>> used zoom in, which I don't have, my head would be stuck in the
>>> monitor!
>>> Best,

!