Toggle Images.exe

In IE Links, what does Toggle Images.exe do?
(I imagine it's supposed to turn on or off images)
I've never used this feature before.
Thanks,
Treeman

--
Treeman

More about toggle images

    [[Image Toggler
    Now you can turn off images for extra speed and turn them back on again even
    more quickly and easily. Simply look for Toggle Images in the Links bar and
    click it. ]]
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/previous/webaccess/ie5wa.mspx

    [[Image Toggler -- toggles images off and on. When you click the Toggle
    Images.exe button in the Links bar, it's six mouse strokes for the price of
    one (no more laborious View / Internet Options / Advanced / click to scroll
    down / un-check "Show pictures" / OK... whew). Reload the current page to
    clear the images on that page, if desired. The page you browse right after
    the toggle will behave according to the way you toggled. This'n is our
    favorite.]]
    Microsoft Internet Explorer PowerToys
    http://www.thenakedpc.com/articles/v01/02/0102-05.html

    [[Image Toggler
    Using Image Toggler you can enable or disable displaying images in Internet
    Explorer. To toggle images off or on, click Toggle Images on the Links
    Bar. ]]
    Description of the Internet Explorer PowerToys
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=177725

    Description of the Internet Explorer PowerToys
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;177725

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:Treeman.1tvjsq@no-mx.msusenet.com,
    Treeman <Treeman.1tvjsq@no-mx.msusenet.com> hunted and pecked:
    > In IE Links, what does Toggle Images.exe do?
    > (I imagine it's supposed to turn on or off images)
    > I've never used this feature before.
    > Thanks,
    > Treeman
    >

    > --
    > Treeman

    > Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

    Thanks Wes,
    I figured it was something like that. I was cleaning out my "Links'"
    toolbar, and was wondering if I can delete this. Since it looks like
    it's a basic part of IE, I'll just leave it alone.
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    It is an add on, not part of IE. I don't have it.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:Treeman.1twxsq@no-mx.msusenet.com,
    Treeman <Treeman.1twxsq@no-mx.msusenet.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Thanks Wes,
    > I figured it was something like that. I was cleaning out my "Links'"
    > toolbar, and was wondering if I can delete this. Since it looks like
    > it's a basic part of IE, I'll just leave it alone.
    > Best,
    > Treeman
    >

    > --
    > Treeman

    > Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

    >Treeman <Treeman.1twxsq@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote:

    >Thanks Wes,
    >I figured it was something like that. I was cleaning out my "Links'"
    >toolbar, and was wondering if I can delete this. Since it looks like
    >it's a basic part of IE, I'll just leave it alone.

    Image Toggler is optional, came with a little package of Microsoft
    add-ons that included zoom in. I put a shortcut to it on my task bar
    because I don't have much memory.

    Thanks Maureen,
    I sit so close to this 19" screen now because of old eyes, that if I
    used zoom in, which I don't have, my head would be stuck in the
    monitor!
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    Amazing how people do not return to threads to see what else might have been
    posted, huh?

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:eOlLWkOpFHA.2952@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    David Candy <.> hunted and pecked:
    > No it wouldn't. You'd be able to see and sit normally.
    >
    > Here is a collection of files (attached) that allow page zooming to
    > normal, 150%, and 200%. Page Zooming changes text size as well. It also
    > moves toggleimages off the stupid links bar and onto the tools menu. Edit
    > the files if you want more zoom options.
    >
    > Copy the files to a folder called zoom in My Documents or edit the reg
    > files and change the path. Put toggle Images in the folder as well (from
    > Links folder).
    >
    > I've also included zoomin and zoomout from powertoys as they have a bug
    > and these are debugged versions. Either replace the versions in
    > c:\windows\web folder or dbl click the reg file to have the feature in
    > the ZOOM folder you created.
    >
    > You MUST edit the reg files and replace my user profile name with your
    > own.
    ------------------------
    > "Treeman" <Treeman.1u0pwr@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Thanks Maureen,
    >> I sit so close to this 19" screen now because of old eyes, that if I
    >> used zoom in, which I don't have, my head would be stuck in the
    >> monitor!
    >> Best,
    >> Treeman
    >>

    >> --
    >> Treeman

    >> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260
    >> View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870986766

    He posted in a different thread a few minutes ago. Guess he's eyes are are too poor to read how to read.

    "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%239R6oTzpFHA.1416@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > Amazing how people do not return to threads to see what else might have been
    > posted, huh?
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:eOlLWkOpFHA.2952@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    > David Candy <.> hunted and pecked:
    >> No it wouldn't. You'd be able to see and sit normally.
    >>
    >> Here is a collection of files (attached) that allow page zooming to
    >> normal, 150%, and 200%. Page Zooming changes text size as well. It also
    >> moves toggleimages off the stupid links bar and onto the tools menu. Edit
    >> the files if you want more zoom options.
    >>
    >> Copy the files to a folder called zoom in My Documents or edit the reg
    >> files and change the path. Put toggle Images in the folder as well (from
    >> Links folder).
    >>
    >> I've also included zoomin and zoomout from powertoys as they have a bug
    >> and these are debugged versions. Either replace the versions in
    >> c:\windows\web folder or dbl click the reg file to have the feature in
    >> the ZOOM folder you created.
    >>
    >> You MUST edit the reg files and replace my user profile name with your
    >> own.
    >> --
    > ------------------------
    >> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
    >> "Treeman" <Treeman.1u0pwr@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Thanks Maureen,
    >>> I sit so close to this 19" screen now because of old eyes, that if I
    >>> used zoom in, which I don't have, my head would be stuck in the
    >>> monitor!
    >>> Best,
    >>> Treeman
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Treeman

    >>> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260
    >>> View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870986766

    Naw David,
    I was just picking up on the zero reply posts, trying to help folks
    out.
    Many thanks to all who replied, especially Wesley.
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

Configuration Internet Explorer Microsoft Customization Windows XP