New build $1800 final checks

Hey guys, just need to know if my build is all compatible with each other here are my specs:

G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-1600C9D-16GXM 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 $99.00
Netgear WNA1000M G54/N150 Wireless USB Micro Adapter $25.00 (Can't run ethernet)
CoolerMaster 120mm Silent Blue LED Fan $15.00 (For side panel)
Intel Core i7 3770K $339.00
CoolerMaster 140mm Silent Fan $16.00 (To put at top of case)
CoolerMaster CM 690 II Advanced with Window USB3.0 $119.00 (Will one intake fan be enough if i have 4 exhausts?)
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler $36.00
NZXT Sleeved LED Cable 1m Blue $19.00 (Pretty lights)
ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Motherboard $179.00
Corsair TX-750 V2 Power Supply $143.00 (Will 750 watts be enough if the GPU needs 550W)
SanDisk Extreme Solid State Drive 120GB $99.00
ASUS VE248H 24in Widescreen LED Monitor $195.00
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 Overclocked 2GB $459.00
LG GH24NS90 24x SATA DVD-RW Drive OEM $22.00
Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 $105.00
Total: $1,870.00
I was going to aquire, windows 7 a different way if you catch my drift, but i think it is too risky so i may put windows 7 in there as well, i just really really need to know if everything will work together and if i have enough power and if this is really going to be good, people say it is, but i really want a confidient answer telling me. This will be my first build and i dont know where every cable goes etc, but i can learn right? Also with the CM 690, i am planning on adding another 140 at the top to make it 2 exhaust fans, and there would also be an exhaust fan at the back, i am planning on putting a 120mm fan on the side panel also, but should i make that exhaust or intake, it doesn't have a dust filter and im not sure if it would support one anyway. I just want to know if one intake fan on the front (120mm fan) would be suffiecient to cool hdd, ssd, and the rest of the system, i have an aftermarket cpu fan on my cpu so i think everything would be good too. I also dont want it to sound really loud when gaming so should i get a fan controller?

Thanks in advance!
5 answers Last reply
More about build 1800 final checks
  1. Looks grrrrreat! Amazing!

As for the DVD drive, I highly recommend something other than LG. I've have 2 LG 24x burners in the past and both of them broke. Then I started buy Sony drives and I still haven't faced any issue. I just bought an Asus drive 3 days ago and its insanely fast!

So yeah. I recommend Asus/Sony and even Lite-On over others.

And for the fans, you seriously won't need any more fans. I have 6 fans connected on my Corsair Carbide 500R with 2 in front, 2 at top, one at the back and one huge on side mounted. The side mounted one really doesn't make much of a difference. Maybe just 2-3 degrees.

Get all of this first, check your temperatures after you install everything and see if you need another fan.
  2. Im assuming this is for gaming? You can and will save some $$$ if you downgrade your CPU to the i5 3570K. It performs almost identically to the 3770K in gaming.

If you arent editing/multi tasking a lot, 16GBs of RAM is a total waste.
  3. Nice build. I'd love to be playing on that system.

However, I'd drop to 3570K and upgrade your monitor. That Asus monitor is good, but this is better:
    The image quality from the Dell Ultrasharps is incredible. I highly recommend, and when I see cheaper monitors they hurt my eyes cuz there is so much better for not so much more $.

Interesting article about fans:
  4. ^ Yeah you could do that. But if you ARE editing and stuff then stay with the 3770K. And for heavy editing/3D work, you WILL need 16GB RAM. I'm using 24GB myself.

As for the monitor, yes, ultra sharp is AMAZING.

I also recommend the HP x2301. That is one sexy monitor.
  5. Thanks for all your help guys, i do need 16gb for editing etc, and im also gaming. I think the monitor will be ok it looks nice and performs well but ill have a look at your other suggestions, thanks once again!
    Would this do for the optical drive?
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Cooler Master Systems Product