Desktop Layout

August 16, 2005 6:08:53 PM

How can I create a backup on the Desktop Layout (icon arrangements and
position)

Thanks,

More about : desktop layout

August 17, 2005 2:32:58 AM

A-Design wrote:
> How can I create a backup on the Desktop Layout (icon arrangements and
> position)

Press Ctrl+PrtSc, open Paint and do Edit->Paste. Save the file, and then
set it as your wallpaper.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I don't know is the short answer.

Cheers
Jimbo.
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 2:33:38 AM

That was a good one, but I really want to know that where does windows
storing these information's? is it a file or in the registry ?

Thanks,
Afshin.

"Jimbo" <jimbo@notexist.domain.com> wrote in message
news:D dtpiq$amr$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> A-Design wrote:
>> How can I create a backup on the Desktop Layout (icon arrangements and
>> position)
>
> Press Ctrl+PrtSc, open Paint and do Edit->Paste. Save the file, and then
> set it as your wallpaper.
>
> Sorry, I couldn't resist. I don't know is the short answer.
>
> Cheers
> Jimbo.
August 17, 2005 7:47:58 PM

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\1\Desktop

"A-Design" <afshinstock@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:o Niu10uoFHA.3316@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> That was a good one, but I really want to know that where does windows
> storing these information's? is it a file or in the registry ?
>
> Thanks,
> Afshin.
>
> "Jimbo" <jimbo@notexist.domain.com> wrote in message
> news:D dtpiq$amr$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
>> A-Design wrote:
>>> How can I create a backup on the Desktop Layout (icon arrangements and
>>> position)
>>
>> Press Ctrl+PrtSc, open Paint and do Edit->Paste. Save the file, and then
>> set it as your wallpaper.
>>
>> Sorry, I couldn't resist. I don't know is the short answer.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Jimbo.

Anonymous
August 18, 2005 4:03:44 AM

This is a global setting for desktop, I need to find out where does windows
store the positions of each folders and shortcuts.
Thanks.

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\1\Desktop

"A-Design" <afshinstock@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o Niu10uoFHA.3316@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> That was a good one, but I really want to know that where does windows
> storing these information's? is it a file or in the registry ?
>
> Thanks,
> Afshin.
>
> "Jimbo" <jimbo@notexist.domain.com> wrote in message
> news:D dtpiq$amr$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
>> A-Design wrote:
>>> How can I create a backup on the Desktop Layout (icon arrangements and
>>> position)
>>
>> Press Ctrl+PrtSc, open Paint and do Edit->Paste. Save the file, and then
>> set it as your wallpaper.
>>
>> Sorry, I couldn't resist. I don't know is the short answer.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Jimbo.

Anonymous
August 18, 2005 10:29:12 PM

I've already told you.

"A-Design" <afshinstock@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:o vBX0L8oFHA.3036@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> This is a global setting for desktop, I need to find out where does windows
> store the positions of each folders and shortcuts.
> Thanks.
>

> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\1\Desktop

> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.htm...
> "A-Design" <afshinstock@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o Niu10uoFHA.3316@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> That was a good one, but I really want to know that where does windows
>> storing these information's? is it a file or in the registry ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Afshin.
>>
>> "Jimbo" <jimbo@notexist.domain.com> wrote in message
>> news:D dtpiq$amr$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
>>>
>>> Press Ctrl+PrtSc, open Paint and do Edit->Paste. Save the file, and then
>>> set it as your wallpaper.
>>>
>>> Sorry, I couldn't resist. I don't know is the short answer.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Jimbo.

Anonymous
August 26, 2005 12:45:03 AM

> How can I create a backup on the Desktop Layout (icon arrangements and
> position)
>
> Thanks,

To be able to save and restore Desktop Layout go to:
Then go to line 188 -- right side and download and run:
Add Save & Restore Desktop Layout to Menu

The Desktop icons and files/folders are stored in the folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\Yourusername\Desktop
Add Save & Restore Desktop Layout to Menu
!