Question about the CM Hyper 212 Evo

Status
Not open for further replies.

burbee

Honorable
Dec 14, 2012
So I recently got the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, as you guys suggested it to me.

I forgot to ask this question: Which way should I install it? Which way should the fan face?

I have a Corsair Carbide 300R, which has an intake fan on the front and an exhaust fan on the back.
I assume the CPU fan should face the intake fan?

But I do have ventilation from above the case, which has a mesh/grill on top, so should I install the CPU cooler with the fan facing the top of the case? So it can act as a direct intake? I don't even know if it's possible to install this cooler facing any direction..

I await your answers on this as well!

Thanks in advance,

burbee

Solution
Yes. Set the fan up to pull air from the front area of the case, blow that air through the heat sink, and then when that air leaves the heat sink, it should go towards the exhaust fan and then out of the case.

I have two fans, but the one on the right side of the heat sink in this pic is the "original" fan and location.

P1090890.jpg

burbee

Honorable
Dec 14, 2012

So the heatsink should face the exhaust & the CPU fan the Intake fan of the case..?

The fan has an arrow pointing to itself, so I think it acts as intake

Z1NONLY

Distinguished
Yes. Set the fan up to pull air from the front area of the case, blow that air through the heat sink, and then when that air leaves the heat sink, it should go towards the exhaust fan and then out of the case.

I have two fans, but the one on the right side of the heat sink in this pic is the "original" fan and location.

P1090890.jpg

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.