Is there any capacity as to what Gcard i can have?

aaronhollings

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
Going back a few years ago i brought myself a new PC at the time it was alright nothing to fancy but it was cost fficent, I game on my PC and i think that m graphics card is holding me back! The Graphcis card tha ti currently have is called a ATI Radeon HD 5450 I have tried installing the new drivers but i just dont think it will cut the chase. When i first had my computor it would run fine on high graphics, but now with new games and new engines it does not, i have to run games in really bad resolution just ot make sure they dont "lagg". I am looking to buy a new Graphics card for my pc. Is there any kind of restrictons as to what size of graphics card i can use, in the computor that i currently have?

HEre is some information that i think might possibly help you resolve my issue, altough i am not much of a computor genius, so please let me know if you need more information and how it is i can obtain the information from my pc.

Processor: AMD Phenom (tm) II X4 830 Processor

System:

Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Model: Inspiron 570
Total amout of system memry: 4.00GB RAM
System Type: 64-bit operating system#Number of processor cores: 4

Storage:

Total size of hard disk(s): 931GB
Disk partition (C:):675 GB Free (931 GB Total)
Media DRive (D:): CD/DVD

Graphics:

Display adapter type: ATI Radeon HD 5450
Total availible graphics memory: 2815MB
Dedicated graphics memory: 1024MB
Dedicated system memory: 0MB
Shared system memory: 1791MB
Display adapter driver version: 8.961.0.0
Primary adapter driver version: 1600x900
DirectX version: DirectX 10

Thank you for reading, please do let me know if you need anything clearing up!

maxh22

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012

What is your budget?

That's so wrong. The strongest graphics card that can run on 300 watt is HD 7750, not HD 7570. And we still don't know if it's 300 watt unit indeed.

@OP: We'll need your budget, your case size dimensions (width, height, depth), so we could figure out what kind of card will in it, and we'll also need info on your power supply unit. To find that out, simply open up the case and look for the box which to plug electricity in. It will have a sticker on it saying how much watts it is.

aaronhollings

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
I do not have any kind ofbudget in mind, i am willing to spen quite a bit of cash to get my computor back up to standards.

On the power suply to my PC it does not indicate to me what the take in is, although i did happen to find a bit of information on it

INPUT: 100-127V ~ 9A
200-240V ~ 4.5A

Model no: PS-5301-08

Merueth

Honorable
May 24, 2012
The OEM for Dell PSUs is Delta (This is good), so you should be fine running a 7750 on it.

If you can afford to spend $200+ then you can probably get a power supply as well as a more powerful graphics card.

maxh22

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012

Honestly, it would be easier getting a new pc because you have a lot of parts to upgrade.

CPU, Motherboard,PSU,GPU.

Okay, could you measure size of your PC case? It's pretty important factor because graphics cards come in different size and shape.

@maxh22, he does not need to upgrade neither his motherboard, nor CPU.

aaronhollings

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
I will take that into consideration Maxh22 thanks! Looking at a new power suply right now, would a 650W be good enough for a better graphics card, also, due to the size of my case, alot of teesegraphics cards that i am looking at do not look like they are going to fit strangly, so i think i may hve to get a new mesh also. Thank you for all the help guys, i am probobly going to just create a new computor from scratch recycleing some of the parts from my old computoron the way!

maxh22

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012

He said he wants his system "up to date" and his Phenom cpu isn't up to date and would bottleneck some decent gaming gpus!

My grandpa has the exact same system as the OP has LOL So Iv'e seen that system and it's not bad just not good for gaming..

maxh22

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012

That would be a good gpu for him if hes on a budget but since he has no budget and he wants a powerful system there are better options :)