Default mail handler

Somehow, Outook has installed itself in my PC. I think it was through a
Microsoft Update.

Whatever, it is now the defualt mail handler/progam (whatever the correct
jargon is). This is especially annoying when using the Internet and I click
on an Email address and the wrong program comes up.

How do I restore the status quo, where Outlook Express is my mail handler?
--
Cheers,
Trevor L.

    Hi

    Open Internet Explorer and go to Tools>Internet Options>Programs. Enable
    Outlook Express in the 'Email:' drop down menu.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Trevor L." <tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote in message
    > Somehow, Outook has installed itself in my PC. I think it was through a
    > Microsoft Update.
    >
    > Whatever, it is now the defualt mail handler/progam (whatever the correct
    > jargon is). This is especially annoying when using the Internet and I
    > click on an Email address and the wrong program comes up.
    >
    > How do I restore the status quo, where Outlook Express is my mail handler?
    > --
    > Cheers,
    > Trevor L.
    > Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au

    Outlook is delivered with Microsoft Office. I find this hard to believe
    that an update can deliver it.

    "Trevor L." <tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote in message
    > Somehow, Outook has installed itself in my PC. I think it was through a
    > Microsoft Update.
    >
    > Whatever, it is now the defualt mail handler/progam (whatever the correct
    > jargon is). This is especially annoying when using the Internet and I
    > click on an Email address and the wrong program comes up.
    >
    > How do I restore the status quo, where Outlook Express is my mail handler?
    > --
    > Cheers,
    > Trevor L.
    > Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au

    Yes, I thought so, too.

    But the update was Microsoft Office. Perhaps I shouldn't have installed the
    update

    --

    Yves Leclerc wrote:
    > Outlook is delivered with Microsoft Office. I find this hard to
    > believe that an update can deliver it.
    >

    > "Trevor L." <tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote in message
    >> Somehow, Outook has installed itself in my PC. I think it was
    >> through a Microsoft Update.
    >>
    >> Whatever, it is now the defualt mail handler/progam (whatever the
    >> correct jargon is). This is especially annoying when using the
    >> Internet and I click on an Email address and the wrong program comes
    >> up. How do I restore the status quo, where Outlook Express is my mail
    >> handler? --
    >> Cheers,
    >> Trevor L.
    >> Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au

Configuration Default Microsoft Customization Windows XP