Somehow, Outook has installed itself in my PC. I think it was through a
Microsoft Update.

Whatever, it is now the defualt mail handler/progam (whatever the correct
jargon is). This is especially annoying when using the Internet and I click
on an Email address and the wrong program comes up.

How do I restore the status quo, where Outlook Express is my mail handler?
--
Cheers,
Trevor L.

Outlook is delivered with Microsoft Office. I find this hard to believe
that an update can deliver it.

"Trevor L." <tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote in message
> Somehow, Outook has installed itself in my PC. I think it was through a
> Microsoft Update.
>
> Whatever, it is now the defualt mail handler/progam (whatever the correct
> jargon is). This is especially annoying when using the Internet and I
> click on an Email address and the wrong program comes up.
>
> How do I restore the status quo, where Outlook Express is my mail handler?
> --
> Cheers,
> Trevor L.
> Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au

Hi

Open Internet Explorer and go to Tools>Internet Options>Programs. Enable
Outlook Express in the 'Email:' drop down menu.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Trevor L." <tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote in message
> Somehow, Outook has installed itself in my PC. I think it was through a
> Microsoft Update.
>
> Whatever, it is now the defualt mail handler/progam (whatever the correct
> jargon is). This is especially annoying when using the Internet and I
> click on an Email address and the wrong program comes up.
>
> How do I restore the status quo, where Outlook Express is my mail handler?
> --
> Cheers,
> Trevor L.
> Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au

Yes, I thought so, too.

But the update was Microsoft Office. Perhaps I shouldn't have installed the
update