Solved

Need help in making my first CPU

Hello sir,
I am going to make my cpu at home.
So,my question is that what things should I buy in order to make CPU
my budget is 480$

and also tell me the recommended configuration for 480$

Plz reply,
i have decided this

Intel DH77EB Motherboard at Rs7102
Transcend JetRam DDR3 4 GB PC RAM (JM1600KLN-4G) at Rs.1500
Intel 3.3 GHz LGA 1155 Core i5-2500 Processor at Rs. 12600
Zotac NVIDIA Geforce GT 520 Edition 2 GB GDDR3 Graphics Card at Rs. 3250

I have 160Gb hard disk and DVD writer

I dont know about cabinet?

So,also tell me which cabinet should I take in order to fit all this stuff??
and is anything remaining plz reply

Also reply your recommended configuration at this prices

Thanks and sorry for lots of questions because I am newbie in this.

Plz reply...
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about need making
  1. that would be tough, to make your own cpu (Central Processing Unit) you would need an engineering degree at least...

    the gt 520 will not be much better than integrated graphics
  2. For $480 you are going to have trouble building a PC outright, and what you make wont be all that good.
    For instance, what you have made so far doesn't have a Power Supply, most likely an IDE HDD which isnt compatible, no Operating System or case. All are fairly expensive components in a build.

    At that price point, I would be looking into pre-builts or a laptop.

    Also a CPU means the Central Processing Unit, its a component and not the actual computer as a whole. Do more research.
  3. well you can certainly build a whole rig for around 500 bucks here is one that toms did....

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-pc-overclocking-pc-building,3273.html

    but as manofchalk sort of touched on... you get what you pay for... although imo the above rig is a decent build for the money

    side note: @manofchalk how do you like the haf-x? that is one beast of a case
  4. If you need a really cheap case (without power supply), try the ANTEC VSK-100 only €25, plenty of room and it has cable routing.

    Its not a bad looker either.
  5. Your going to make your own cpu eh? How are you going to do that? Do you own your own factory and fab? A cpu is a 1"x1" piece of silicon.

    Seriously you can build your own PC, or computer, but you can't build your own cpu dude.
  6. jjb8675309 said:
    side note: @manofchalk how do you like the haf-x? that is one beast of a case


    Love the thing. Cable Management is so easy, which is essential because I have got a ton of cable to route (6 channel fan controller and 7 HDD's do that). Dont even have to worry whether something will fit, its just so large. Pretty soon I'l have a triple radiator in there and I'm fairly sure it'l look tiny inside it.
    And I like my cases beastly, the Corsair subdued aesthetic just doesn't appeal to me.
  7. Nice, ive always secretly wanted one
  8. Best answer
    No need to ridicule someone who obviously doesn't speak english as a first language and who communicated effectively enough to be well understood.

    Guarav, you are going to have a difficult time with your budget, since you've not included an OS (like windows), a power supply, speakers, or a monitor. At $480, I suggest looking at the $500 dollar gaming builds from a year ago:

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/budget-gaming-pc-phenom-ii-radeon-hd-6850,2903.html

    Or even two years ago:

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-a-pc-overclock-athlon-ii-x3,2811.html

    I'm sure these will at least be helpful as guidelines.
  9. ^^cry me a river, OP hasn't even responded in 3 days, shame on them for wasting all these perfectly good responses

    seems to be more and more of this crap everyday, the forums are not the same....
  10. Quote:
    ^^cry me a river, OP hasn't even responded in 3 days, shame on them for wasting all these perfectly good responses

    seems to be more and more of this crap everyday, the forums are not the same....


    Heh, sounds like you're doing quite a bit of crying yourself. This community is amazing; there's simply no need for artificial internet tough guys like yourself. In fact, it's pretty pathetic that you assemble any of your self worth from the derision of others on an anonymous forum. Extremely pathetic.
  11. Bah ha you made me Laugh with your tirade
  12. jjb8675309 said:
    that would be tough, to make your own cpu (Central Processing Unit) you would need an engineering degree at least...

    the gt 520 will not be much better than integrated graphics


    Thanks for the answer.
    I was wrong.
  13. jjb8675309 said:
    ^^cry me a river, OP hasn't even responded in 3 days, shame on them for wasting all these perfectly good responses

    seems to be more and more of this crap everyday, the forums are not the same....


    Responded after 5 years.
  14. theicon86 said:
    No need to ridicule someone who obviously doesn't speak english as a first language and who communicated effectively enough to be well understood.

    Guarav, you are going to have a difficult time with your budget, since you've not included an OS (like windows), a power supply, speakers, or a monitor. At $480, I suggest looking at the $500 dollar gaming builds from a year ago:

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/budget-gaming-pc-phenom-ii-radeon-hd-6850,2903.html

    Or even two years ago:

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-a-pc-overclock-athlon-ii-x3,2811.html

    I'm sure these will at least be helpful as guidelines.


    Excellent answer buddy.
    Really kind words.
    Thank you
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt CPUs Systems