How to use Sandy Brige Graphics

wpphili

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
Hello,
it must be a stupid question but unfortunately, haven't been able to find the right answer for it.

How is the graphic interface of intel ix processors it used. Are instructions sent to onbord video car, do I need special motherboard with video output but no integrated GPU, is there a special interface... !?

How can anyone use built in fuction?

Certain high-end chipsets for the current 1155 socket do not support onboard video, requiring a separate card. Boards with other more mainstream chipsets will feature video outputs. As long as the CPU has the onboard graphics chip enabled all you need to do is install the CPU and plug the video into the onboard output on the motherboard. There's not much you have to worry about there.

With few exceptions, current sandy and ivy bridge cpu's have graphics hardware built into the chip.
There is no longer a need for the motherboard to have a separate graphics chip.

When installed in a motherboard with an approriate chipset(for example Z77) and i/o panel, you will be able to plug your monitor directly into the motherboard i/o panel to get video.
Most anything will work except the P67 chipset.
I/o panels will usually have a dvi, vga, and hdmi output. You can use any 2 @1920 x 1200 or less.

wpphili

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
Thank you very much for those kind answers. From further reading, I found out the Motherboards H67 does features HDMI, DVIX output adapter and can take advantage of the CPU integrated graphic capabilties.

mrbeanladen

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012

depends on your cpu if it has one and also on the motherboard
they really made it ******* complicated one has overclocking one has intel graphics one has none one and the other one has both of them... it's a mindfuck
I also heard that some new asus boards let you use both the on board graphics and your real GPU at the same time, I noticed that when I saw some guys on 3dmark11 get scores with 2000-3000 more points than me because of this (they even had no overclock at all)