Can't change my screen resolution/colour quality

When i install the Windows updates, the screen resolution changes to 800x600
and the colour changes to the worst quality. When i go to change it back, the
little arrow thing (sorry i have no idea what you would call it) for the
screen resolution won't move, and there are no other options in the drop down
menu of the colour quality.

Anyone know how to fix this?
3 answers Last reply
More about change screen resolution colour quality

    Never rely on any driver downloads from Windows Updates. Also, the standard
    video card drivers that are delivered with XP are extremely limited in
    resolution and functionality (no 3D). Download the latest video card driver
    from the video card maker's web site.

    "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When i install the Windows updates, the screen resolution changes to
    > 800x600
    > and the colour changes to the worst quality. When i go to change it back,
    > the
    > little arrow thing (sorry i have no idea what you would call it) for the
    > screen resolution won't move, and there are no other options in the drop
    > down
    > menu of the colour quality.
    >
    > Anyone know how to fix this?

    You need both graphics drivers and monitor driver - what kind of graphics
    card and monitor do you have?
    Michael

    "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When i install the Windows updates, the screen resolution changes to
    > 800x600
    > and the colour changes to the worst quality. When i go to change it back,
    > the
    > little arrow thing (sorry i have no idea what you would call it) for the
    > screen resolution won't move, and there are no other options in the drop
    > down
    > menu of the colour quality.
    >
    > Anyone know how to fix this?

    This happens on my computer sometime also. I have found out that rebooting
    the computer a couple of times fixes it. Don't know why. I have an ATI Radeon
    9000 Video Card and ATI is notorious for have poor video drivers for a while
    (slow to get up to speed).

    Don
    --
    - Birds are God''s gift of beauty to the world -

    "Sarah" wrote:

    > When i install the Windows updates, the screen resolution changes to 800x600
    > and the colour changes to the worst quality. When i go to change it back, the
    > little arrow thing (sorry i have no idea what you would call it) for the
    > screen resolution won't move, and there are no other options in the drop down
    > menu of the colour quality.
    >
    > Anyone know how to fix this?

Configuration Screen Resolution Microsoft Customization Windows XP