Can't change my screen resolution/colour quality

sarah

When i install the Windows updates, the screen resolution changes to 800x600
and the colour changes to the worst quality. When i go to change it back, the
little arrow thing (sorry i have no idea what you would call it) for the
screen resolution won't move, and there are no other options in the drop down
menu of the colour quality.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Never rely on any driver downloads from Windows Updates. Also, the standard
video card drivers that are delivered with XP are extremely limited in
resolution and functionality (no 3D). Download the latest video card driver
from the video card maker's web site.

"Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When i install the Windows updates, the screen resolution changes to
> 800x600
> and the colour changes to the worst quality. When i go to change it back,
> the
> little arrow thing (sorry i have no idea what you would call it) for the
> screen resolution won't move, and there are no other options in the drop
> down
> menu of the colour quality.
>
> Anyone know how to fix this?

You need both graphics drivers and monitor driver - what kind of graphics
card and monitor do you have?
Michael

"Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When i install the Windows updates, the screen resolution changes to
> 800x600
> and the colour changes to the worst quality. When i go to change it back,
> the
> little arrow thing (sorry i have no idea what you would call it) for the
> screen resolution won't move, and there are no other options in the drop
> down
> menu of the colour quality.
>
> Anyone know how to fix this?

This happens on my computer sometime also. I have found out that rebooting
the computer a couple of times fixes it. Don't know why. I have an ATI Radeon
9000 Video Card and ATI is notorious for have poor video drivers for a while
(slow to get up to speed).

Don
--
- Birds are God''s gift of beauty to the world -