New PC - 1500 budget

G

Hello,

So I have had a PC I bought from Cyber Power for about 4 years now and it finally kicked the bucket after 4 cross country moves and abuse later. I am looking to Purchase this week. Budget is roughly 1500. Do not need monitor/keyboard/mouse. 95% used for Gaming, do digital design (animation) on the side as well.

OS Is needed.

The last 2 PC's I bought were from Cyberpower but I am game to any site if the build and price is right. I don't really have the time to build one myself at this rate so I am more looking for good specs to shop around at custom builders. I fell out of the PC loop when I had my second child so im stumped :)

I am in Virginia beach, Virginia,

Preferrably INTEL with NVidia cards but I am game for options/suggestions

Do not mind overclocking :D

Usually do have SLI

My Monitor is 1680x1050 and a second monitor with that as well.

So help is appreciated!

malbluff

Honorable
You should put thread on pre-built forum. This is for self-build, however, you are probably looking for something like,

Intel i5 (which one depends if you want to overclock)
Z77 motherboard (or H77, B75 if you don't want overclocking)
8GB (2x4GB) Low profile RAM 1600 MHz Cas9 DDR3
GTX 660Ti (or GTX 670, if budget will allow)
128GB SSD, preferably Samsung 830, or Crucial M4 (again, if budget will allow)
SataIII 6Gb/s Hard Drive, whatever size.
Basically any Optical Drive
750W GOOD power supply.
Mid-tower case, to suit your taste.
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Any peripherals you need.
You will need to add aftermarket CPU cooler, if you want to OC.

malbluff

Honorable

You posted that as I was doing mine. That's actually not bad, if OP can live with looking at case. I wonder if they do a more "sedate" version. Be nice to squeeze in SSD, but not anything like essential.

G

Sorry first time using this forum, wasn't sure where to put it. If it can be moved it would be great! ALso thanks for the quick replies! Will look into some of those.

malbluff

Honorable
Sorry first time using this forum, wasn't sure where to put it. If it can be moved it would be great! ALso thanks for the quick replies! Will look into some of those.
Just rembered your comment about SLi. If you want that capability, it would limit you to Z77 (or Z75) motherboards, if you want to take advantage of Ivybridge.

G

Man is that case ugly though! Will have to look into changing that lol. At least that gave me a good idea of the specs im looking for. Thanks again.

malbluff

Honorable
Man is that case ugly though! Will have to look into changing that lol. At least that gave me a good idea of the specs im looking for. Thanks again.
Thought you might like that case!! Seriously though, if you are looking for pre-built, the spec, on that looks quite good (if they can change case). Another site that do some good stuff are Chillblast, worth a look.

G

So quick question. Someone put together this setup for me. What do you recommend for changes or input? Thanks again! Been out of the loop so long! This is from cyberpower.

Configuration

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)

HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance

MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX] Asus P8Z68-V LX Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ LucidLogix Virtu, Intel SRT, UEFI Bios & 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID,2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+119] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

CAS: Corsair Carbide 300R Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ front USB 3.0

CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive

COOLANT: Standard Coolant

CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+9]

FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Dual Standard 120MM Fans (Push-Pull)

FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)

HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory [+66] (Corsair Vengeance

MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX] Asus P8Z68-V LX Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ LucidLogix Virtu, Intel SRT, UEFI Bios & 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID,2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI (Pro Venom OC Certified)

NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

OVERCLOCK: Extreme OC (Extreme Overclock 20% or more)

POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+119] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

WNC: 802.11b/g/n 300Mbps PCI Wireless Adapter Network Card [+26]
_PRICE: (+1486)

malbluff

Honorable
Yes, sort of OK. A few points.

With Ivybridge, you want Z77 motherboard. A good reasonably priced one is ASRock Z77 Extreme 4. If you want top quality (at a price) Asus P8Z77-V PRO.
Quite important which GTX670. Tom's Hardware did a comparason of seven different ones, little while ago, worth a read.
You don't give make/model of HDD. As long as it's decent make.
Unless you plan on doing a lot of photo/video, you don't need 16GB RAM. 8GB plenty.
Nothing wrong with Corsair Carbide cases. I would use a bigger one, especially if you are thinking of SLi. The Carbide 500R is a very good case (I'm using one in a build).
I'm not familiar with Asutek cooler. If it's similar to Corsair H100 it's OK. If it's as quiet, as it claims, probably better, the H100's not particularly quiet.
If you use the 500R, you are unlikely to need any extra fans, at least not til you want to add 2nd graphics card.
If you've got funds to squeeze in 128GB SSD, for OS and games, it makes everything "snappier". Samsung 830, or Crucial M4 are best.
Most important to know make and model of PSU, to make sure it's a good one. I'll re-phrase that, it's not important, it's vital.