Sep 18, 2012
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3
AMD FX-4 4100
ASUS Geforce GTX 550 TI
ATX 500W PSU
1x8GB 1333 MH DDR3 RAM
SONY AD-7380S-0B DVDRW
Samsung 250 GB HDD from my old system.

System powers up, fans spin (CPU, Graphics card, and case) but screen reports no signal. Made sure graphics card was firmly inserted, CPU sits properly, power leads for MB CPU and graphics card are all conected properly. Tried switching RAM sockets. Tried disconnecting DVD, HDD amd USB keyboard + mouse before powering up. Tried going through the trouble shooting post I have seen linked in other threads here.

Screen works as an external monitor to my laptop, but is older. Could it be an issue that it is VGA and not DMI (graphics card has sockets for both)? Only thing left I can think of other than a faulty component.

Thanks in advance fir any help or advice.

The motherboard doesn't have graphics so that would be impossible.

MGR-82, have you plugged in the pci-e cable from the power supply to your video card?

It's scary when someone lists all their components by make and model and then says "500w power supply". If it's a generic pos it may not be sufficient for your system.

Also, your supposed to run your ram in pairs for dual channel mode, right now your running in single channel mode which hurts performance.

Are you trying to boot up your old hardrive with your old Windows on it? That's not recommended, you need to do a fresh install by booting to your windows disk and formatting your drive.

MGR-82

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
Have tried both the pci-e straight from the psu, as well as the 2x4-pin adapter that came with the graphics card.

PSU is from the same system as the HDD (which is freshly formatted), so I can't verify anything other than that it is 500W atm. I did verify that the min recommended wattage for the graphics card was 400W though.

I have an additional 8GB RAM stick, same model. Just trying to get the system running first before I unpack that one and install it.

Don't currently have access to another monitor. I can probably borrow one at the weekend.

TRENDING THREADS