Pentax *ist DS and iPod Camera Connector

Last response: in Digital Camera
September 26, 2005 8:39:32 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

Does any of you have experience with the Pentax *ist DS and iPod Camera
Connector? According to the Apple webpages the Pentax *ist DS is a
supported camera, but before coughing up a lot of money I would like to
check if it really works so well as I like to expect.
I'm using a PC, is there any extra software that needs buying before I
can transfer the photos from camera to iPod and later from iPod to PC?
The apple webpages are not very clear on that.
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 2:16:40 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

I discovered that a 1Gb SD card will take more than 40 minutes to
download onto the iPod Photo, so it seems to be too slow to be really
useful.
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 8:32:47 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

FWIW I download 1GB from a Nikon D50 to the Ipod in about 36 minutes.
>From Ipod to G4 Mac in about 5 minutes using USB2. If you already have
the Ipod 29 bucks buys you a lot of storage without carrying a laptop.
Go have lunch while it downloads.
September 27, 2005 9:37:21 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

"Hoshisato" <hoshisato@gmail.com> wrote in news:1127841400.615720.123990
@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> I discovered that a 1Gb SD card will take more than 40 minutes to
> download onto the iPod Photo, so it seems to be too slow to be really
> useful.

Took me 40 minutes to download to my computer.

--
---
William O'Hara

William O'Hara wrote:
> "Hoshisato" <hoshisato@gmail.com> wrote in
> news:1127841400.615720.123990 @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>
>> I discovered that a 1Gb SD card will take more than 40 minutes to
>> download onto the iPod Photo, so it seems to be too slow to be really
>> useful.
>>

> Took me 40 minutes to download to my computer.

If you had a USB 2.0 hi-speed reader, the 1GB card might be much quicker.
I measured 30MB in 12s, so a 1GB might take around 7 minutes....

David
Anonymous
September 29, 2005 8:39:42 PM

"David J Taylor" wrote:

> If you had a USB 2.0 hi-speed reader, the 1GB card might be much quicker.
> I measured 30MB in 12s, so a 1GB might take around 7 minutes....

My USB2 reader (Billionton) just took 2' 41" for 1GB
Anonymous
September 29, 2005 8:39:43 PM

News Will wrote:
> "David J Taylor" wrote:
>
>> If you had a USB 2.0 hi-speed reader, the 1GB card might be much
>> quicker. I measured 30MB in 12s, so a 1GB might take around 7
>> minutes....
>>
> My USB2 reader (Billionton) just took 2' 41" for 1GB

That's more like it! The OP had talked about an hour, IIRC.

David
!