Sign in with
Your question

Can't increase or decrease screen brightness

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 30, 2012 6:12:23 PM

Hi, I have a HP pavilion dv6 3010us. I could increase or decrease my screen brightness but now i cant. I also recently updated my graphics card. Could that be the problem?
a c 200 U Graphics card
July 30, 2012 7:51:31 PM

Laban_18 said:
Hi, I have a HP pavilion dv6 3010us. I could increase or decrease my screen brightness but now i cant. I also recently updated my graphics card. Could that be the problem?
try booting into safe mode f8 and see if the f key works and your screen gets brighter. if it does not...then it sounds like the back light or the inverter is going.
video drivers dont control most time the back light on a lcd screen.
m
l
November 19, 2013 5:31:45 AM

Laban_18 said:

Hi Laban,

Solution is as follows.

Click START, right click on COMPUTER, and select MANAGE.

Under Device Manager, select MONITOR, and right click on PnP Monitor. Uninstall and delete the drivers.

At the top of the device manager, click the button that scans for hardware changes.

Problem Solved

Regards
m
l
Related resources
November 26, 2013 7:51:39 AM

XeroemoXmageX said:
Laban_18 said:

Hi Laban,

Solution is as follows.

Under Device Manager, select MONITOR, and right click on PnP Monitor. Uninstall and delete the drivers.

At the top of the device manager, click the button that scans for hardware changes.

Problem Solved

Regards

Thanks. I'll try it out
m
l
February 25, 2014 11:43:48 PM

Solution is as follows.

Problem Solved

Regards

This worked for me and im using a dell xps so i would try this if you are having problems. Thank you to you XeroemoXmageX
m
l
!