Ding, dong, the bitch is *DEAD*.

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Knights of Dalaran, Alliance guild on Thunderhorn (US), killed Onyxia for
the first time tonight.

We hit her a couple weeks ago, took her to 30% pretty consistently, but
couldn't handle the transition to phase 3. We left her alone for a bit,
while we worked our way through Magmadar and Gehennas.

Hit her on Friday, 5 attempts, 5 wipes. Best attempt was 21%. We were
getting a lot smoother on phase 1 and 2, and were fine-tuning the healing
strategies. I know a *lot* about healing strategies by now, as I seem to
have become the lead healer, and responsible for the conduct of all the
other healers. But we still hadn't worked out what to do with the
transition to phase 3, and Onyxia's fear. MT just couldn't get consistent
aggro fast enough.

Saturday's raid was called for a lack of healers. Just not enough people
showed up.

But tonight, we really came together. 9 primary healers in zone, plus like
7 paladins. Our MT was in top form,our hunters were on point, and
everything was working good.

On our fourth attempt for the night, she died. It was very, very close.
We had a rogue pull too much aggro early in phase three, and a breath
attack took out half of our remaining healers. I was having flashbacks to
watching a video of another guild wiping at 1%. It was absolutely the most
suspenseful moment I've ever experienced in this game.

In the end, KoD was down to our last player, and Onyxia lay dead. She was
killed by the DoT proc off of a barman shanker, and our very last priest
throwing a mind blast. We checked all the combat logs, it really was the
Shanker that killed her. Onyxia died to broken glass. The priest had no
mana, and probably less than 500 life. One more attack would've killed
her. It's just not possible to cut it *that* close, but we did. She
mana'd up, and we started ressing. After we all got done hyperventilating.

Judgement Crown, Nemesis Skullcap, Sapphiron's Drape, Mature Black Dragon
Sinew, Assassination Blade, and Hydralick Armor. And the Head of Onyxia,
which was hung proudly before the gates of Stormwind by our Main Tank and
fearless leader. I got no loot, but I've never had a happier moment in
this game. We *killed* the bitch. After so many wipes, and so much death.

And then we went to Zul'Gurub and got completely spanked by the spider
boss. Couldn't even take her to 50%.

Brian
--
ICQ#: 68214833 | AIM: LineNoise54
..

This is the strategy we used to beat the Spider boss. We cleared
everything in the area (may not be necessary) and then placed 1 tank
(or 2) where she stands, and 1 tank 30 yards down the road from her.
While he tanked we shot her until she goes spider form at which point
she webs him and wipes aggro and comes for us. The tank on our side
immediately taunts and we all run to the other tank. So we ping pong
between two tanks a lot.

And when the adds spawn we switch targets and take them out asap.

She took us 2 tries the last time.

Only Panther, crazy dancing boss, and Hakkar left =) Oh and other
secret spawned boss (not gah'zilla's older brother)

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 03:46:22 -0700, Brian <brianmcadam@pobox.com> wrote:

> Knights of Dalaran, Alliance guild on Thunderhorn (US), killed Onyxia for
> the first time tonight.

Top work! Good account of the battle, too.

--
Paul.

Logic Squad -- Technical Publishing with XML -- http://logicsquad.net/

"Brian" <brianmcadam@pobox.com> wrote in message
> Knights of Dalaran, Alliance guild on Thunderhorn (US), killed Onyxia for
> the first time tonight.
> And then we went to Zul'Gurub and got completely spanked by the spider
> boss. Couldn't even take her to 50%.

Nice write up:)