Cant Find Available Wireless Network

soclydeza

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
hey guys, ive done a lot of research on this topic and have not yet found any solutions.

my computer has never had problems connecting to wireless networks. i was even using it last night and everything was fine. but now it says it cant find any available wireless networks. i know its the computer because i have 2 other computers that are connected to the same network wirelessly and they work just fine. i have made no changes to my comp/network/system whatsoever for a long time now, this is just out of the blue.

INFO
Dell Inspiron 530 desktop (Windows XP Home Edition)
Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card
1394 Net Adapter
Intel(R) 82562V-2 10/100 Network Connection

let me know if you need anymore info

WHAT IVE TRIED
-uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers
-system restore as far back as a month ago
-enabling and disabling
-Last Known Good Configuration
-trying a different username
-disconnecting and reconnecting the wireless receiver (the blue light is on, so i know that is working)

i think thats about it.

also, tried going to command and typing "sc query wzcsvc" (from the troubleshooting on Microsofts website) it says
TYPE : 20
STATE : 1 STOPPED <NOT_STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,IGNORES_SHUTDOWN>
WIN32_EXIT_CODE :0 <0X0>
SERVICE_EXIT_CODE :0 <0X0>
CHECKPOINT :0X0
WAIT_HINT :0X0

im not sure what any of that means, but i figured its a clue since it says its supposed to say
STATE :4 RUNNING

does anyone have any ideas? its important that i get this computer back online by tomorrow. any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!

soclydeza

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
thanks for the reply. i checked all that stuff and it all seemed to be working. i figured it out though, in the "change advanced settings" window i checked "use windows to configure my wireless networks" and it seems to be working now. thanks again, all this running around on my system actually taught me a few things haha