Nikon D2x price here!

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
September 27, 2005 1:46:43 AM

This site has the D2x well priced ($2765) has anyone dealt with them or
is it too good to be true? Comparing it with BH Photo at about $4900.

http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/exchange-glance/Y06...

thanks

More about : nikon d2x price

Anonymous
September 27, 2005 1:46:44 AM

"Rob" <mesa@mine.com> wrote in message news:D h8mbg$sqm$1@nnrp.waia.asn.au...

> This site has the D2x well priced ($2765) has anyone dealt with them or
> is it too good to be true? Comparing it with BH Photo at about $4900.

http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/exchange-glance/Y06...

> thanks

Since B&H probably pays about $3900 for the D2X cameras they sell tell me if
it is "too good to be true". . . common sense should tell you that when the
price quoted is close to 50% of the street price for an item it is either
stolen or it is a rip off operation. . .

BB
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 1:46:44 AM

"Rob" <mesa@mine.com> wrote in message news:D h8mbg$sqm$1@nnrp.waia.asn.au...

> This site has the D2x well priced ($2765) has anyone dealt with them or is
> it too good to be true? Comparing it with BH Photo at about $4900.
>
> http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/exchange-glance/Y06...

Aside from the unbelievable price, take a look at the User ratings. These
can be, and often are, posted by the seller......all they have to do is post
ratings under phony names. Well, this Crawfordelectronics has received 5
stars out of a possible 5 stars, from all 8 ratings......and all were posted
in 2 days, September 18 and 19.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/seller/feedback.html/104-...

I don't think this is a "bait and switch", I think this is an outright scam
waiting for a victim.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 27, 2005 1:46:45 AM

"BillyBob" <NEWSMAN@NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message

> "Rob" <mesa@mine.com> wrote in message
> news:D h8mbg$sqm$1@nnrp.waia.asn.au...
>>
>> This site has the D2x well priced ($2765) has anyone dealt with them or
>> is it too good to be true? Comparing it with BH Photo at about $4900.
>>

> http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/exchange-glance/Y06...
>>
>> thanks
>
> Since B&H probably pays about $3900 for the D2X cameras they sell tell me
> if
> it is "too good to be true". . . common sense should tell you that when
> the
> price quoted is close to 50% of the street price for an item it is either
> stolen or it is a rip off operation. . .

B&H probably pays $4500 as most dealers make less than 10% margin.
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 1:46:46 AM

"Darrell" <spam@this.eh> wrote in message

> B&H probably pays $4500 as most dealers make less than 10% margin.

While it is generally pretty hard to keep doors open on a 10% margin, I had
a friend who owns a small shop down in the Keys tell me he discontinued
Nikon sales because the margins on their high-end products didn't leave
enough room to compete with the New York houses. He continues to sell Canon,
so I assume they have dealer margins of significantly greater latitude.
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 2:06:00 AM

Rob wrote:
> This site has the D2x well priced ($2765) has anyone dealt with them
> or is it too good to be true? Comparing it with BH Photo at about
> $4900.
> http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/exchange-glance/Y06...

$47. I'll have two, please.

Oh. "This sale has closed"

-Mike
Anonymous
September 28, 2005 3:56:15 AM

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 11:37:22 -0400, "Darrell" <spam@this.eh> wrote:

>"BillyBob" <NEWSMAN@NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message
>>
>> "Rob" <mesa@mine.com> wrote in message
>> news:D h8mbg$sqm$1@nnrp.waia.asn.au...
>>>
>>> This site has the D2x well priced ($2765) has anyone dealt with them or
>>> is it too good to be true? Comparing it with BH Photo at about $4900.
>>>

>> http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/exchange-glance/Y06...
>>>
>>> thanks
>>
>> Since B&H probably pays about $3900 for the D2X cameras they sell tell me
>> if
>> it is "too good to be true". . . common sense should tell you that when
>> the
>> price quoted is close to 50% of the street price for an item it is either
>> stolen or it is a rip off operation. . .
>>
>B&H probably pays $4500 as most dealers make less than 10% margin.

Then howcome Cameta Cameras sells D2x's on ebay for about $4500.
Don't tell me the old saw about how they lose a buck on each sale but
make it up on the volume.

I have absolutely no information here, except that Cameta is not
losing money. So B&H is getting more than 10 points.

!