Sign in with
Your question

Case under 60?

Last response: in Components
February 2, 2013 6:45:35 AM

I will be buying a mAtx mother board for my computer.
Either a 650ti or 7850.
Non modular power supply.
and an i3 3220

I have several choices so far
Rosewill REDBONE U3 Black SECC Steel
NZXT Source 210 Elite White Steel

or I could take advantage of this sale

Thermaltake V3 Black Edition $20 after rebate

More about : case

a c 130 ) Power supply
a c 154 V Motherboard
February 2, 2013 8:51:37 AM

Although I have no experience with the Thermaltake, I think, for the price, you can't go wrong there. I do have experience with the other two cases and here's my take on those. The Redbone is a nice light (you may interpret that as 'flimsy') case but lacks any top ventilation which I consider to be a drawback - it does sport mounts for 2 each 140mm or 120mm fans on the door though. It also has about 3/8" extra space stamped into the side panels which can help cable management. My personal preference of those is for the NZXT but the front panel being slightly canted may prove to be annoying to some. I think all of them are going to tax your creativity to get clean cable management.
My $0.02
m
l
February 2, 2013 9:12:15 AM

First of all, go with an ordinary 650, the tis are way overpriced for the performance you get out of them.

Personally, i always wanted an NZXT Phantom, obviously that is out of your budget plus it's pretty big. I'd go with the NZXT out of that list, but my mate has an Antec One. It is pretty good looking, loads of space for fans, and very reasonably priced.
m
l
!