Yahoo Internet Mail 17MB in add and remove programs

August 17, 2005 4:54:04 PM

I use a "my yahoo" page as my internet explorer homepage and also have
messenger (seldom used) on my pc. Somewhere along the line yahoo internet
mail (all 17MB) installed itself. Can I uninstall it from add remove programs
and be able to access the email sent to that email account directly online
thru my homepage. Anyone know what this huge program does in the first place?
--
Chuck
August 17, 2005 8:03:42 PM

In news:93905C56-9807-4CA3-A16F-92EF09591A46@microsoft.com,
cb <cb@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I use a "my yahoo" page as my internet explorer homepage and also have
> messenger (seldom used) on my pc. Somewhere along the line yahoo
> internet mail (all 17MB) installed itself. Can I uninstall it from
> add remove programs and be able to access the email sent to that
> email account directly online thru my homepage. Anyone know what this
> huge program does in the first place?

It's a mail client-type piece of software installed with Yahoo! Messenger by
Duh-Fault (no offense intended, it's directed at Yahoo!) that enables you to
click mailto: links etc in webpages and be connected to their services. You
can easily remove the application. It will still work as an IM client and
you can access it via the web if you'd like as you have been doing.

Galen
--

"Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
its solution is its own reward."

Sherlock Holmes
August 17, 2005 8:08:17 PM

Do you mean if i clicked a mailto link it would take me to a yahoo message to
write the message?
--
Chuck

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:93905C56-9807-4CA3-A16F-92EF09591A46@microsoft.com,
> cb <cb@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> > I use a "my yahoo" page as my internet explorer homepage and also have
> > messenger (seldom used) on my pc. Somewhere along the line yahoo
> > internet mail (all 17MB) installed itself. Can I uninstall it from
> > add remove programs and be able to access the email sent to that
> > email account directly online thru my homepage. Anyone know what this
> > huge program does in the first place?
>
> It's a mail client-type piece of software installed with Yahoo! Messenger by
> Duh-Fault (no offense intended, it's directed at Yahoo!) that enables you to
> click mailto: links etc in webpages and be connected to their services. You
> can easily remove the application. It will still work as an IM client and
> you can access it via the web if you'd like as you have been doing.
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
> its solution is its own reward."
>
> Sherlock Holmes

Related resources
August 18, 2005 3:51:16 AM

cb:
> Do you mean if i clicked a mailto link it would take me to a yahoo message
> write the message?

Well, thats another issue. If you clicked on a link any where it says mailto
on the web, it might take you to the login page of Yahoo. But that's only if
Yahoo has been selected in "internet options" > programs> under E-mail.
Now, I use Yahoo for all my email accounts. And in the add in remove
program, I see in my pc 7 things with the yahoo logo in there. I have extra
things that I downloaded from yahoo. thats why. I do use messenger. But if
you dont want it, remove it. It will not affect your yahoo at all. It is
just an extra program yahoo offers.
As far as Internet mail, I wish I could tell you what that is exactly. I
suppose, you can uninstall it and see if it affected anything with yahoo. If
so, reinstall whatever was removed. No biggie, I am sure. I do know, that if
you type in www.yahoo.com on the address bar on any pc with internet, you
will go to yahoo's home page. from there, you can click on mail & it will
take you to the login page where you type your yahoo id and password. then,
it will take you to your mail box. Hope this helps. good luck.

"cb" <cb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Do you mean if i clicked a mailto link it would take me to a yahoo message
> write the message?
> --
> Chuck
>

> "Galen" wrote:
>
>> In news:93905C56-9807-4CA3-A16F-92EF09591A46@microsoft.com,
>> cb <cb@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

>> > I use a "my yahoo" page as my internet explorer homepage and also have
>> > messenger (seldom used) on my pc. Somewhere along the line yahoo
>> > internet mail (all 17MB) installed itself. Can I uninstall it from
>> > add remove programs and be able to access the email sent to that
>> > email account directly online thru my homepage. Anyone know what this
>> > huge program does in the first place?
>>
>> It's a mail client-type piece of software installed with Yahoo! Messenger
>> by
>> Duh-Fault (no offense intended, it's directed at Yahoo!) that enables you
>> click mailto: links etc in webpages and be connected to their services.
>> You
>> can easily remove the application. It will still work as an IM client and
>> you can access it via the web if you'd like as you have been doing.
>>
>> Galen
>> --
>>
>> "Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
>> its solution is its own reward."
>>
>> Sherlock Holmes

August 18, 2005 3:55:24 AM

cb: ALso, see if this link will take you the help part in yahoo.
http://search.cc.yahoo.com/search

!