Wanting to upgrade my GFX, what else should I change?

In the next month, I am looking to upgrade my computer. It's a prebuilt Acer M3800 that I got off Ebuyer a good while ago.

Specs:

OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
CPU - 2.5Ghz Intel Quad Core
MoBo - Acer EG43M
Video - ATI Radeon HD 5450
Memory - 4 GB
PSU - If memory serves, it's a 350W

I'm looking at possibly getting a 6850, which I'd assume would require a PSU upgrade, but I'm unsure how much to upgrade it.
While browsing, and trying to find some more information, a few people mentioned the CPU. I know it isn't the best, but would it be worth upgrading it? Although, I don't think my MoBo would support an i5 or anything like that, which would mean upgrading my MoBo as well... I have a budget of around £200-300, and I want to make the most of it.
1 answer Last reply
More about wanting upgrade change
  1. I have scanned for information about your specs. Indeed your PSU is not enough for that gpu. The Radeon site recommends you to have atleast 500W power supply. I wouldn't upgrade your cpu since the mobo isn't one of the "best". It is possible to change if you want to, but then you have to change your mobo. It will exceed 300 if you buy a new mobo+cpu+gpu+power supply so the best you can do if you really want to upgrade is to change the power supply and the GPU. Otherwise spare some money until you have enough to get a whole new rig.

-Fastreaction
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics