Sign in with
Your question

Cool Master Hyper 212 EVO Fit in Case?

Last response: in Components
February 2, 2013 1:37:13 PM

Hello,
I'm looking to get the above cooler but its quite big, so would it fit the case I have at the moment:
www.tweaktown.com/pressrelease/1851/thermaltake_launche...

But mine does not have the humpy bit on top

Motherboard if its important: ASUS M4A77T

According to a review on Amazon you need a 158.5 mm space above processor I've measured it but might be tight I'm not sure.

Reason I asked cause its on sell for £20 on my local facebook selling group.

Regards

Simon
February 3, 2013 1:50:05 PM

Thanks for the information guess I will have to look at another cooler.
Related resources
February 4, 2013 2:02:15 PM

Been looking around what cooler would you suggest?

Thank you.
February 4, 2013 6:23:59 PM

You don't really need a new cooler if the current one is still serving you fine. I don't think it's worth spending £20 for a smaller mediocre cooler but here's one released last October that will fit your case and may be worth buying. It's the CoolerMaster Hyper T4 at the height of 152.3 mm and I don't think it's been reviewed yet: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/coolermaster-hyper-t4-12... Or else I'd recommend saving your money.
February 4, 2013 6:57:40 PM

Yes it is serving me fine I suppose its just making a loud whirling noise, was so loud you could here it down stairs as if I had a mo-ped in my bedroom, but since cleaning the fan with gas it does not seem as loud, maybe I'll just get some Artic sliver instead.
The GPU temperature at the moment (just casually browsing the web) is 50 - 55 c after gaming even for 20 minutes the temp I have seen go up to 65 c
Is this normal? I've never really noticed before until the noise started then I started taking notice of the temps.

Thank you.
February 4, 2013 7:10:09 PM

Sounds like it just needed a little regular cleaning which is good practice for these components. Those temps are normal and safe. And you're welcome.
!