Performance hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xa376

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
Would a gtx 560 se still work at an optimal level (within 5-10 fps of what it should) when pared with a Pentium Dual Core E2200 2.2ghz processor?

Things to note: No I am not getting a new processor right now so I don't need suggestions and no I am not getting a different video card so no suggestions with that either. Thanks!

Solution
It will not work very well with 2.2GHz Dual Core CPU unless you're willing to do a lot of overclocking.

The Pentium Dual Core is a stripped down, low clocked, reduced cache Core 2 Duo, which even the better Core 2 Duos running at 3.0GHz can struggle in CPU intensive games, Skyrim, BF3 Multiplier, & Star Craft 2 are some common examples of games that need a decently clocked quad core or (very) highly clocked dual core. 2.2GHz just isn't close to enough.

Realistically in most modern games, you won't be able to really even get 50% of what your card could do. Not with that CPU.

stant1rm

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
It will not work very well with 2.2GHz Dual Core CPU unless you're willing to do a lot of overclocking.

The Pentium Dual Core is a stripped down, low clocked, reduced cache Core 2 Duo, which even the better Core 2 Duos running at 3.0GHz can struggle in CPU intensive games, Skyrim, BF3 Multiplier, & Star Craft 2 are some common examples of games that need a decently clocked quad core or (very) highly clocked dual core. 2.2GHz just isn't close to enough.

Realistically in most modern games, you won't be able to really even get 50% of what your card could do. Not with that CPU.

Solution

xa376

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
I have a hyper 212+ in a CM HAF 912 so it does run really cool in there but this is all parts from an old dell and the motherboard is not even an actual brand.

Unless theirs a way to overclock from inside windows my bios gives no such options.

4745454b

Titan
Would a gtx 560 se still work at an optimal level (within 5-10 fps of what it should)

I am not getting a new processor right now so I don't need suggestions and no I am not getting a different video card so no suggestions with that either.

It's good though that 50% is still 300% faster than my video card now.

CPU: FX-8150 (I know someone is going to say get intel)

Whats the point of even asking if you are unwilling to take any of the advice? Thank you for wasting my/our time.

To help with your current CPU problem try this link. http://www.overclock.net/t/292624/bsel-mod-on-a-e2200

Edited for spelling.

xa376

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
That BSEL mod wants me to take the CPU out and cover pins and create connections with conductive ink. I would rather not do that sorry. Thanks for the info though stant1rm.

stant1rm

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
Seriously, avoid that FX CPU. My i5 kicks so much ass it's not funny and it's not much more money at all. Also, Windows 8 is starting to look likes it a gonna be a Vista 2.0 or even worse. Stick with 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.