Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Hdmi out of video card for only sound?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 31, 2012 12:47:53 AM

I have an XFX 6850 with an HDMI out on it and am wondering if it is possible to only send sound (not video) through it... Ie disableing the second monitor but not sound. I haven't tried it so I don't know if there is an obvious method. I appreciate the feedback!

More about : hdmi video card sound

Best solution

July 31, 2012 8:26:29 PM

I have not tried that myself. The first place I would look is the audio manager. Right click the little "speaker" volume control thing on the bottom right of your desktop and click "playback devices".

See if you can right click the HDMI out and set it as your default device.

Let me know if that works.
August 7, 2012 12:37:55 AM

I will get back to you in a few weeks when I have the system setup, thank you for your answer!
m
l
Related resources
August 7, 2012 12:43:10 AM

Coolio_alert said:
I have an XFX 6850 with an HDMI out on it and am wondering if it is possible to only send sound (not video) through it... Ie disableing the second monitor but not sound. I haven't tried it so I don't know if there is an obvious method. I appreciate the feedback!

This would require a modification in the HDMI cable to split the different nodes or disable the video ones. I don't think its possible otherwise and i'm not sure there is an adapter for this sort of thing.
m
l
August 16, 2012 11:56:56 PM

Best answer selected by Coolio_alert.
m
l
!