Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Choosing between 2 GTX 560s.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 31, 2012 1:24:26 AM

I actually had purchased a Radeon HD 7850 earlier this year, was not too happy with it. I guess I miss my nvidia days, regardless I am looking into getting a GTX 560. There are 2 that I have in mind specifically as listed below...

1:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

2:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Now I understand that the first one listed has 2GB of video ram, and it does appeal to me but am I really going to need that? I am gaming in 1080p but I do not plan on playing at any higher resolutions at this time. Price is also higher for the first one and I think I like the overall design of the 2nd one better personally, but I thought I would ask to get your guys input. I really dont feel like waiting for the GTX 660 and I am sure as hell not looking forward to the increase of price.

System specs:
CPU: AMD FX-4100
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X EVO
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Power Supply: XFX PRO750W XXX Edition

P.S. All graphics card suggestions are also welcome.

More about : choosing gtx 560s

a c 107 U Graphics card
July 31, 2012 1:33:37 AM

note that a 560 is a moderately large downgrade from a 7850, a 560ti is a slight downgrade, and a 570 is a pretty small upgrade performance wise, but downgrade efficiency wise
July 31, 2012 1:36:20 AM

Nvidia goes hard on your processor. Get the 7850. It is pretty good with good power efficiency. GTX 560 production end next month. SO get the HD 7850
Related resources
July 31, 2012 1:40:58 AM

Quote:
What was wrong with the 7850?
Dissapointing performance?
Bad drivers?

Something else?

Got a card from sapphire the vram was trash, broke in less then 2 weeks.
July 31, 2012 1:45:29 AM

I would recommend a GTX 670(either the EVGA or the Gigabyte). It's really good price/performance wise and will take anything you throw at it.
July 31, 2012 1:45:56 AM

Quote:
Quality seems to be poor on the 7850, it breaks alot...
Not the first i have heard like this :) 

Paying $250 and getting a card that breaks in less then 2 weeks is uncalled for. It is not about the money, but I dont think ill be buying a radeon card again ever, least not from sapphire. I have a EVGA 550 Ti in another computer in my home, that little thing is still kicking. I know what I prefer now and thats nvidia.
a b U Graphics card
July 31, 2012 1:59:04 AM

JBADS said:
Paying $250 and getting a card that breaks in less then 2 weeks is uncalled for. It is not about the money, but I dont think ill be buying a radeon card again ever, least not from sapphire. I have a EVGA 550 Ti in another computer in my home, that little thing is still kicking. I know what I prefer now and thats nvidia.

Didn't they RMA it? I've had a number of Sapphire Radeons and they've always been flawless.
July 31, 2012 2:03:54 AM

inanition02 said:
Didn't they RMA it? I've had a number of Sapphire Radeons and they've always been flawless.

I bought it from a store on amazon I believe RMAing it is going to be a huge pain.
a c 107 U Graphics card
July 31, 2012 2:06:04 AM

JBADS said:
I bought it from a store on amazon I believe RMAing it is going to be a huge pain.

if it was directly from amazon, it should have been easy because amazons service is pretty high end.(as my sapphire 7850 came from amazon perfectly fine, i haven't really run into non user generated problems since its installation). if you bought it off a 3rd party vendor, i cant say much.
a b U Graphics card
July 31, 2012 2:06:09 AM

JBADS said:

Amazon guarantees the purchases - and if they don't, then Sapphire should take care of it. So you have two options.

Why trash a $250 card?
July 31, 2012 2:10:14 AM

dudewitbow said:
if it was directly from amazon, it should have been easy because amazons service is pretty high end.(as my sapphire 7850 came from amazon perfectly fine, i haven't really run into non user generated problems since its installation). if you bought it off a 3rd party vendor, i cant say much.

Pretty sure that the time I had to return it is over, it was a 3rd party vender through amazon.

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
July 31, 2012 2:13:50 AM

JBADS said:
Pretty sure that the time I had to return it is over, it was a 3rd party vender through amazon.

What seller? Most follow Amazon's policy..and if the seller doesn't respond, Amazon will return it (though not if it's beyond the stated period).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref...

Regardless, you should try calling Sapphire.

(Note, if you insist on still trashing the video card, I'd be happy to pay the shipping for you to donate it to me :-D )
July 31, 2012 2:20:47 AM

inanition02 said:
What seller? Most follow Amazon's policy..and if the seller doesn't respond, Amazon will return it (though not if it's beyond the stated period).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref...

Regardless, you should try calling Sapphire.

(Note, if you insist on still trashing the video card, I'd be happy to pay the shipping for you to donate it to me :-D )

Thank you I am not familiar with amazon, I dont use it much. I am going to try and send it back and get my money back.
a b U Graphics card
July 31, 2012 2:22:51 AM

regardless you can rma it with saphire, and they will send you a replacement...

do not throw 250 out the window, 7850 is a good card and def a good bit faster then the 560...

if you like nv so much then why not rma your card and then sell the replacement...

go get yourself a gtx 570 they go on sale for cheap from time to time..

go to sapphires website and start an rma ticket or give them a call...

im sure they would not be happy to hear that their card crapped out in 2 weeks thats horrible, personally ive owned sapphire cards and the quality has been fine, but who knows maybe they missed the boat on making a good 7850....
August 8, 2012 2:58:04 AM

Best answer selected by JBADS.
August 8, 2012 2:58:35 AM

Thank you all for you input, amazon did take back the card and gave me a full refund. I chose to go with a MSI R7870 HAWK Radeon HD 7870. Been hearing some good things about msi, so why not give it a try.
a b U Graphics card
August 8, 2012 4:03:19 AM

cool have fun'
!