Best budget graphics card for my build?

banjoknee

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
Hi guys,

I would like some advice on what graphics card to buy for my system. I'm not a big gamer but would like a half decent graphics card to play some of the latest games like BF3 or MW3. I'm on a bit of a budget and don't really want to spend more than £100.

My system spec is as follows:

Intel core i5 2400 CPU
4GB RAM DDR3 1333MHz
Not entirely sure about the motherboard but I know it's a a Foxconn and has Intel H67 chipset.
400W PSU

banjoknee

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
Thanks DavidY

Yeah I think it's a fairly basic power supply. It's a Novatech brand which is the site I got the barebones system off. I was looking at the HD 7770 before. Would my PSU not be able to cope with this card do you think? Is there much difference in performance between the 7750 and 7770?

banjoknee

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
Thanks, I will probably go for the 7750 then. Can anyone explain to me why the same model graphics card comes from different makes with varying prices? For example the 7750 can bought as MSI, Asus, Gigabyte, XFX etc and the prices can be significantly different. Is one better than the other? What should I go for?

Asus and MSI tend to make cards that run cooler and are known for making very reliable GPU pretty much all are good but i don't think XFX is on the other brands you mentioned level one reason for why some are more then others is because they are factory overclocked anyway i would go with MSI,Asus or Sapphire those are all cards i have personally used and never had any issues with Gigabyte, XFX i have seen quite a few people have issues with cards made by those two doesn't mean they don't make good stuff though.

TRENDING THREADS