On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:27:06 -0700, shauntu wrote:

> I saw this picture, and would like to shrink the right pane from the start
> menu like in the picture:
> http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/cheesyturtle/Desktop.jpg
>
> Basically the text is hidden, but the icons and the expanding arrows are
> still there...
>
> Anyone know how to do that?
>
> Thanks
> shauntu

I use WindowBlinds from stardock.com. The start menu style in your jpg is
referred to as "compact" and is a common option in themes used with this
program.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

The text has been removed not hidden. Stupid idea.

"shauntu" <shauntu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEC4C50A-94F1-4A0D-8121-DB5E3B718F51@microsoft.com...
>I saw this picture, and would like to shrink the right pane from the start
> menu like in the picture:
> http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/cheesyturtle/Desktop.jpg
>
> Basically the text is hidden, but the icons and the expanding arrows are
> still there...
>
> Anyone know how to do that?
>
> Thanks
> shauntu

Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001

You can use stylexp from www.tgtsoft.com and then look for visual styles
that have a compact menu from http://www.themexp.org/

that particular one in your screenshot, is one of my favorites.. its called
ROYAL INSPIRAT, and you can download it and its variations from:

Original inspirat http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/10949392/
a variation is this: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/11775238/
and this http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/14893344/

also a very nice theme inspired by the new MS theme royal is this one:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/10955957/

And the previous one along with this one are my favorites

http://tinyurl.com/bdzdj

Remember you need to download STYLEXP from www.tgtsoft.com in order to get
these visual styles (themes) to work.

Visit my site www.computerboom.com and stay tuned because I will all lots of