Shrinking Right Pane of Start Menu

I saw this picture, and would like to shrink the right pane from the start
menu like in the picture:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/cheesyturtle/Desktop.jpg

Basically the text is hidden, but the icons and the expanding arrows are
still there...

Anyone know how to do that?

Thanks
shauntu
3 answers Last reply
More about shrinking pane start menu

    On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:27:06 -0700, shauntu wrote:

    > I saw this picture, and would like to shrink the right pane from the start
    > menu like in the picture:
    > http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/cheesyturtle/Desktop.jpg
    >
    > Basically the text is hidden, but the icons and the expanding arrows are
    > still there...
    >
    > Anyone know how to do that?
    >
    > Thanks
    > shauntu

    I use WindowBlinds from stardock.com. The start menu style in your jpg is
    referred to as "compact" and is a common option in themes used with this
    program.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    The text has been removed not hidden. Stupid idea.

    "shauntu" <shauntu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEC4C50A-94F1-4A0D-8121-DB5E3B718F51@microsoft.com...
    >I saw this picture, and would like to shrink the right pane from the start
    > menu like in the picture:
    > http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/cheesyturtle/Desktop.jpg
    >
    > Basically the text is hidden, but the icons and the expanding arrows are
    > still there...
    >
    > Anyone know how to do that?
    >
    > Thanks
    > shauntu

    You can use stylexp from www.tgtsoft.com and then look for visual styles
    that have a compact menu from http://www.themexp.org/

    that particular one in your screenshot, is one of my favorites.. its called
    ROYAL INSPIRAT, and you can download it and its variations from:

    Original inspirat http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/10949392/
    a variation is this: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/11775238/
    and this http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/14893344/

    also a very nice theme inspired by the new MS theme royal is this one:

    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/10955957/

    And the previous one along with this one are my favorites

    http://tinyurl.com/bdzdj

    Remember you need to download STYLEXP from www.tgtsoft.com in order to get
    these visual styles (themes) to work.

    Visit my site www.computerboom.com and stay tuned because I will all lots of
    themes and more interesting stuff.

    Kenny S

    "shauntu" <shauntu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I saw this picture, and would like to shrink the right pane from the start
    > menu like in the picture:
    > http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/cheesyturtle/Desktop.jpg
    >
    > Basically the text is hidden, but the icons and the expanding arrows are
    > still there...
    >
    > Anyone know how to do that?
    >
    > Thanks
    > shauntu

Configuration Start Menu Microsoft Customization Windows XP