Suggestions for affordable USB 2.0 Extender @480MB

Hi All,

Does anyone have a good source for a reasonably priced USB 2.0 compliant (480mb speed) over Cat6 extender ? The best I have found starts around $150 and goes up from there. I need three so I was wondering if there are any out there around $50.00 or so each.

The USB 2.0 extenders that run at 1.1 speeds are inexpensive, around $12 and work fine for a keyboard and mouse but not for webcams. I have three at the moment but would like to upgrade. I am surprised by the price as this is not a new technology and the prices have stayed the same for about the past two years. I thought with the introduction of USB 3.0 that the prices for the USB 2.0 extenders would have come down.

Thanks,

Jeff
2 answers Last reply
More about suggestions affordable extender 480mb
  1. As long as you don't need very special cams, replacing the ones you have with LAN models, would be the cheapest solution. You can get them for $50.
  2. Thanks for this but I am not sure if the LAN cameras would work for my application. The VM software that I am running requires a camera be designated for each station and the only way I can do this is through an USB connection.
Ask a new question

Read More

USB Components