Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Building a Desktop in India

Last response: in Systems
September 19, 2012 7:23:00 AM

Hello,
This is my 1st desktop PC, I have chosen all the parts and hope someone would suggest me better parts in the same range that I might have missed.

Approximate Purchase Date: 1-2 months.

Budget Range: ~<1200$ or <60,000 INR 1USD= 54 INR(I would extend it to 100$ more, although I have already stretched it from 1000$) .
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Playing online poker for ~10hrs/day with 2 Dell U2412M monitors @ full resolution. > Latest racing games (NFS,Dirt,etc) > Watching videos > music > browsing

Are you buying a monitor: Separate budget for Dell U2412M

Parts to Upgrade: All parts are new. :) 

Do you need to buy OS: Yes/Separate budget (thought I'd buy a genuine Windows 8 ) (Don't think pirated version would keep me updated)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: www.theitware.com , www.theitdepot.com . www.onlyssd.com
(If u know websites for other components like onlyssd.com where I found the cheapest SSDs plz suggest them to me. (Indian websites) )

Location: India, TamilNadu, Chennai (Think I'll but them from richie street).

Parts Preferences: None.

Overclocking: No (I'm a technical/hardware noob and am scared of system crashes/over heating/huge electricity bills)

SLI or Crossfire: Preferably not. I would like to have 1 card instead of two for the same above mentioned reasons.

Your Monitor Resolution: 1980x1600 16:10 (I'm pretty sure this is the Dell U2412M's resolution).

Additional Comments: I would like it not to look like my Big APC UPS/black box. Pretty cool would'nt hurt I guess..

Why Are You Upgrading: Old Dell Vostro Laptop is too old/lags with external monitor playing poker.

This is what I have chosen :
PS: Filters are'nt working in some links, so please add the filters in the left. Sorry for the trouble :) 

Processor : Want theBest Intel i-5 Ivy Brigde (without K) - (Don't think I'll need i-7).
I have a doubt which is better i-5 3550@3.3Gnhz or i-5 3450@3.50Ghz ? (I guess 3550 is, but it is slower than 3450?
http://www.theitwares.com/intel-core-3550-bridge-33ghz-...
http://www.theitdepot.com/details-Intel+Core+i5-3450+3....

Graphic card : HD 7850 2GB (this is why I stretched my budget from 1000$). (To support 2/3 Dell U2412M eyefinity.
Both websites have HD7850 from 16,000INR till 20,000+. I prefer the cheapest one. Help me choose in the 16,000-17,000 range please.
http://www.theitdepot.com/products-Graphic+Cards_C45.ht...
http://www.theitwares.com/graphic-cards-c-101_36_68.htm...

Mother Board : I really have no idea . I want it to have 7.1audio , usb 3.0 ports, and support everything. (If this is not the best for me , feel free to suggest a better one)
GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3H LGA 1155 Intel B75 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

RAM= 8GB fastest (RAM is so cheap :D  , I guess I don't need 16GB? (PC should be upgradable even to 32GB in the future)
They are from 3700 till 5500. Don't mind spending 1500 more if it's really worth it for me. I guess 2x4GB is better than 1x8GB?
Need some help in choosing the best one.
http://www.theitwares.com/memory-desktop-memory-c-30_53...
http://www.theitdepot.com/products-RAM+(Memory)_C6.html

HDD= Nope. I have bought a 500GB external WD 3.0 HDD and will use it to store all vids/etc. (saving on HDD and upgrading from 120GB to 240GB SSD ) (my current laptop is only 160GB and 30% empty)

SSD = 240GB Again I need some help choosing the best one
http://onlyssd.com/ssd-capacity/buy-240gb-ssd (this website is cheaper than the other 2, but sells only SSD)

PSU = 650W (I don't know which brand/model to buy)
http://www.theitwares.com/computer-hardware-power-suppl...
http://www.theitdepot.com/products-PSU+(+Power+Supply+Units)_C14.html

DVD writer = I need it to do everything except play blue ray.

Keyboard = Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4 (instead of Razer Arctosa) What do u say?

Cabinet : Cooling>Performance>Upgrade space>looks
Still I would like it to look cool. Should have USB 3.0 ports and keep everything cool.
Antec 301 (although I feel it looks like a big black box)/ Cooler master 431
http://www.theitdepot.com/details-Cooler+Master+Elite+4...(RC-431P-KWN2)_C5P12949.html
How about the NZXT? Is it better than the above 2? I think it's worth it to spend 1000INR extra since it shows temperature and stuff and is really cool . I have to look at it everyday for the next couple of years :D 
http://www.theitdepot.com/details-NZXT+Gaurdian+921+RB+...

Wifi adapter= Edimax EW-7728In Wireless PCI Card N300 3 Antenna 3 Yr.

I have already bought a Razer death adder mouse, APC 1KV UPS, Belkin N150 modem .

Thanks in advance :) 

More about : building desktop india

September 19, 2012 10:34:55 PM

To answer SOME of your points:
CPU: the i5-3550 is slightly better. There is, I think, a misprint, as I think the 3450 is 3.1 GHz. I'm having problems with Intel's site, at moment, so can't double-check.
Mobo: I would suggest, if you don't want to overclock, go for a H77 mobo.
Graphics: I know you don't want to go to 3 monitors, you will need to, and it would need to be decent graphics. If you particularly want to use Radeon's eyefinity, would suggest you try to stretch budget to HD7870, if you can. You could do surround vision, with nVidia, but you are a bit more restricted in choice of motherboard.
SSD: Samsung 830, Crucial M4, or OCZ Vertex 4, are all good.
Case: very much personal choice. The Coolermaster is good budget case. The better NZXT cases are OK, if not to everyone's taste.
RAM: 2x4GB 1600 MHz Cas9 DDR3 is what you want. If you are not fitting aftermarket cooler, you can virtually use any decent make/shape. Corsair, Crucial, GSKill are all decent makes.

When you are clear, particularly on GPU/crossfire, it will be possible to finalise ideal power supply.
m
l
September 19, 2012 11:49:41 PM

Quote:
CPU: the i5-3550 is slightly better. There is, I think, a misprint, as I think the 3450 is 3.1 GHz. I'm having problems with Intel's site, at moment, so can't double-check.

Not at all - the differences between 3.1GHz and 3.3GHz are extremely moot.

Quote:
RAM: 2x4GB 1600 MHz Cas9 DDR3 is what you want. If you are not fitting aftermarket cooler, you can virtually use any decent make/shape. Corsair, Crucial, GSKill are all decent makes.

Just make sure the heat sinks are profile if you do decide to use a cooler.

Quote:

Mother Board : I really have no idea . I want it to have 7.1audio , usb 3.0 ports, and support everything. (If this is not the best for me , feel free to suggest a better one)
GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3H LGA 1155 Intel B75 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

B75 is about as basic of a motherboard as you can get. If you want to overclock you'll need Z77 or Z68.
m
l
Related resources
September 20, 2012 1:45:55 AM

I don't want to overclock ( I have mentioned the reason above). I want to play racing games with logitechG27, so thought I'll use a 3 monitor set-up. Is'nt HD7850 enough to use 3-monitors? Although I'll use only 2 monitors to play poker most of the time.
What about a 40-inch LED TV?. I have a feeling a big TV will be better than 3 monitors because I hate the bezels inbetween the monitors.
Basically I want the game to look realistic (no blurring).
Do I need to use a cooler even if I don't overclock/crossfire? I'll be using the PC for a good 15hrs/day. If yes, please suggest a suitable one.

Which is better 3 24-inch monitor or a big LED tv which costs about the same?

PS : I'm not a hardcore gamer. I play only racing games and after NFS MW, my laptop could'nt run anything else. I will surely buy the logitech G27 steering wheels and play seats in a couple of months . So I thought 3-monitor set-up would be more realistic.

Also the graphic card is from 16,000-21,000. Is the 16K model enough? Even RAM has 1500INR difference.

EDIT: Found HD 7870 for less than 20K, if u guys say it's totally worth it, I'll buy it. 7850 costs ~16K
http://www.flipkart.com/sapphire-amd-ati-hd-7870-hdmi-o...

@osama1- Yes I'm a pro and play full time :sol: 
m
l
September 20, 2012 2:04:37 AM

Dont get Windows 8
m
l
September 20, 2012 2:08:51 AM

Quote:
I don't want to overclock ( I have mentioned the reason above). I want to play racing games with logitechG27, so thought I'll use a 3 monitor set-up. Is'nt HD7850 enough to use 3-monitors? Although I'll use only 2 monitors to play poker most of the time.

7850 will but don't expect to run high resolutions or anything. A 7870 will give you more breathing room for not that much more money.

Quote:
What about a 40-inch LED TV?. I have a feeling a big TV will be better than 3 monitors because I hate the bezels inbetween the monitors.

Not necessarily. You don't get the surround monitor feeling with a single 40" TV that you do with a triple monitor setup.

Quote:
Do I need to use a cooler even if I don't overclock/crossfire? I'll be using the PC for a good 15hrs/day. If yes, please suggest a suitable one.

For that long a day you might. The Hyper 212 Evo never fails. :lol: 

Quote:
Also the graphic card is from 16,000-21,000. Is the 16K model enough? Even RAM has 1500INR difference.

Try this: http://www.theitdepot.com/details-Sapphire+Radeon+HD785...
m
l
September 20, 2012 2:15:00 AM

OT but:

Playing online poker for 10hrs every day? o.0
m
l
September 20, 2012 2:35:37 AM

obsama1 said:
OT but:

Playing online poker for 10hrs every day? o.0

Yeah, :o 
m
l
September 20, 2012 5:14:04 AM

The HD7870 says 2560 x 1600 Maximum Digital Resolution
1Dell U2412M 24-inch is 1920x1200. Will I be able to use 2 or 3 monitors in full resolution?

@-g-unit111 = PLease suggest me a 8gb RAM model , motherboard , and cabinet to fot the big cooler easily. I heard if the cabinet has only 2 ram slots the cooler takes up the place and I need to measure space before ordering the cooler (read in the reviews).

Final config:
i-5 3570@3.4Ghz
HD 7870 Sapphire
Hyper 212 Evo cooler

Which SSD is better? Is the 2K difference worth it?
http://onlyssd.com/ssd-capacity/buy-240gb-ssd/corsair-2...
or
http://onlyssd.com/ssd-capacity/buy-256gb-ssd/crucial-2...

Motherboard =?
Cabinet=?
RAM=? (8GB)
PSU=?
Keyboard = Microsoft Sidewinder X4 or Razer arctosa?

Thanks
m
l
September 20, 2012 5:51:35 PM

GODMODE09 said:
@-g-unit111 = PLease suggest me a 8gb RAM model , motherboard , and cabinet to fot the big cooler easily. I heard if the cabinet has only 2 ram slots the cooler takes up the place and I need to measure space before ordering the cooler (read in the reviews).

Motherboard = http://www.flipkart.com/asrock-z77-extreme4-motherboard...
Cabinet= http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-300r/p/itmd8bfzeqz4yfqc...
RAM=? (8GB) http://www.flipkart.com/g-skill-ripjawsx-8-gb-ram-f3-12...
PSU=? http://www.flipkart.com/seasonic-x-series-80-plus-gold-...
Keyboard = Microsoft Sidewinder X4 or Razer arctosa?

Thanks

Hopefully those suggestions stay within budget. I'm not sure about the keyboard though - I haven't used either one.
m
l
September 20, 2012 6:12:55 PM

Do I need this mother board even if I'm not going to overclock the processor.. Looks a bit expensive. Thought I'll get one for <10,000INR if that's not going to make a difference...
Cabinet = I want to know what to choose ( there is lot like mid-tower, micro,etc). I'm able to filter them dowm only by usb 3.0 port. If I know more about the type I should buy, I can do a lot of research and buy the best one.
RAM= Perfect , thanks
PSU = Again, do I need that much? I thought <700w is enough as I'm not going to overclock the processor.

I'm going to work now (or play poker :kaola:  ) will get back to you with the cheapest prices I can get these online and see how much it comes and then u can approve my final config and I'll select yours as Best Answer :D 

Thank you so much for your help !!

m
l
September 20, 2012 6:39:21 PM

You only need a H77 motherboard, if you are not wanting to overclock. Probably the best is Asus P8H77-V PRO, but may be expensive, where you are. ASRock and Gigabyte do good ones that are cheaper. As for case, I'm assuming you have air conditioning, or at least not too hot. The Corsair Carbide 500R is outstanding quality. The CoolerMaster Elite 430 is a very reasonable budget choice. Problem with cases, is they are so much about personal choice, it's probably better for you to pick a couple that you like, and we can tell you if one is better. If ventilation is not a big issue, almost any Mid tower ATX case would be suitable, as long as you avoid the really cheap, nasty ones, that you can get. (tend to be terrible build quality)
m
l
September 20, 2012 6:42:49 PM

GODMODE09 said:
Do I need this mother board even if I'm not going to overclock the processor.. Looks a bit expensive. Thought I'll get one for <10,000INR if that's not going to make a difference...
Cabinet = I want to know what to choose ( there is lot like mid-tower, micro,etc). I'm able to filter them dowm only by usb 3.0 port. If I know more about the type I should buy, I can do a lot of research and buy the best one.
RAM= Perfect , thanks
PSU = Again, do I need that much? I thought <700w is enough as I'm not going to overclock the processor.

I'm going to work now (or play poker :kaola:  ) will get back to you with the cheapest prices I can get these online and see how much it comes and then u can approve my final config and I'll select yours as Best Answer :D 

Thank you so much for your help !!

The Corsair 300R is one of the best entry level cases around which is why I recommend it a lot.

PSU - I included a higher wattage PSU because it gives you the option to add a second video card later on. If you're not going to do that I can adjust accordingly.
m
l
September 20, 2012 6:45:12 PM

Motherboard:yes.. definitely get a gigabyte GAB75 one.. it costs 4.3K.. not only cz it have usb 3, pci 3 but also it supports 1600 MHz RAM.. It'll be always better if you get an audio card like asus xonar dx(4.9 in ebay.. will be cheaper in chennai) for 7.1 setup.

Cabinet: this mid tower, tower etc depends upon motherboard.. a normal day-to-day motherboard is called mini atx(like this gigabyte b75).. So a mid tower cabby will be ideal... now ATX is larger in size(like a z77 based motherboard with crossfirex/SLI support and facility for external cooling) and the cabinet must be bigger is size to occupy motherboard and other cooling facilities.. micro is much smaller in size but usually high in price..

no need for this mumbo-jumbo if u go for b75.. get a mid tower cabinet which have a bottom cooling facility like NZXT Gamma MID TOWER cabinet or better.. price is 2.8(theitwares)

PSU: get a high quality PSU like corsair/antec/seasonic... dont compromise on PSU ever.. better get a 500W among these.. it will be more than enuff(for your setup, theoretically a 450W is only required) a corsair cx500w will cost u 3.2K(theitwares)
m
l
September 20, 2012 6:51:41 PM

With regard to PSU size. Yes you can use a smaller PSU, with one graphics card. However, if you are planning to run 3 monitors, whist a GOOD graphics card will do it, performance can't be "brilliant". I can almost guarantee the first thing you will want to improve, when you have funds, is adding a 2nd graphics card, for higher frame rates. Then you WILL need 750w, or something close. A smaller PSU now, would then be false economy.
m
l
September 20, 2012 6:56:54 PM

Definitely get ATX sized H77, to allow you to add 2nd graphics card, without hassle.
m
l
September 20, 2012 6:59:22 PM

aneeshkumar said:
Motherboard:yes.. definitely get a gigabyte GAB75 one.. it costs 4.3K.. not only cz it have usb 3, pci 3 but also it supports 1600 MHz RAM.. It'll be always better if you get an audio card like asus xonar dx(4.9 in ebay.. will be cheaper in chennai) for 7.1 setup.

Cabinet: this mid tower, tower etc depends upon motherboard.. a normal day-to-day motherboard is called mini atx(like this gigabyte b75).. So a mid tower cabby will be ideal... now ATX is larger in size(like a z77 based motherboard with crossfirex/SLI support and facility for external cooling) and the cabinet must be bigger is size to occupy motherboard and other cooling facilities.. micro is much smaller in size but usually high in price..

no need for this mumbo-jumbo if u go for b75.. get a mid tower cabinet which have a bottom cooling facility like NZXT Gamma MID TOWER cabinet or better.. price is 2.8(theitwares)

PSU: get a high quality PSU like corsair/antec/seasonic... dont compromise on PSU ever.. better get a 500W among these.. it will be more than enuff(for your setup, theoretically a 450W is only required) a corsair cx500w will cost u 3.2K(theitwares)

Sound cards are no longer required - the onboard audio on your motherboard will be fine.

I would personally advise against B75 as it is more of a business oriented motherboard and has features and ports geared toward business systems that use older hardware and not toward gamers.
m
l
September 21, 2012 2:58:47 AM

Final Config : Prices in INR.

Intel i-5 3570 = 14500
Sapphire HD 7870 = 20000
Coolermaster hyper 212 evo= 2200
Asus P8H77-m pro = 10000
Cossair Carbide 300r = 4100
G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL10S-8GBXL)
Seasonic 760W Modular Power Supply (SS-760KM) = 9500
Razer Lycosa Keybaord= 3500
Cricial 256 GB m4 SSD = 13,900 (No HDD needed/bought)
CD/DVD Drive = 1500

TOTAL = Whopping 79,200 INR TOTAL = 80K ~1500$

Well, I hope I have'nt missed any parts, any where we can reduce the prices a bit?
m
l
September 21, 2012 3:10:14 AM

Btw, I'm just curious, how much would I had to spend if I'm gonna play racing games using only 1 24-inch/30-inch monitor instead if eyefinity and using 2 monitors to play only poker .
( For poker all I need is:
resolution from the monitor : 2- 24-inch monitors @ full resolution
60Gb SSD , i-3 processor with 8GB RAM will do the job)

What is the minimum config to play the latest racing games (I don't play shooting/other games) at the best resolution/visuals using a single 24-inch monitor
m
l
September 21, 2012 6:00:04 AM

GODMODE09 said:

What is the minimum config to play the latest racing games (I don't play shooting/other games) at the best resolution/visuals using a single 24-inch monitor

You should check the game's required specs.
m
l
September 21, 2012 6:00:38 AM

GODMODE09 said:
Same config costs only 1130$ in the U.S :( 
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/i4Qz

Of course it does.
PC parts are horribly expensive in India, primarily because they're imported.
m
l
September 21, 2012 12:19:41 PM

GODMODE09 said:
Btw, I'm just curious, how much would I had to spend if I'm gonna play racing games using only 1 24-inch/30-inch monitor instead if eyefinity and using 2 monitors to play only poker .
( For poker all I need is:
resolution from the monitor : 2- 24-inch monitors @ full resolution
60Gb SSD , i-3 processor with 8GB RAM will do the job)

It's only when you are SPREADING action across multiple screens, that the TOTAL resolution is critcal. If you are just using one screen, for "action" and a second screen as auxilliary/multi-tasking, the second screen adds little, in terms of graphic demand.
Many benchmark sites use Dirt 3, for one of their GPU tests, so, if you go to a site like "anandtech", you can enter virtually any TYPE of GPU and see the sort of framerates/settings you can achieve, with different monitor resolutions. They're not necessarily deadly accurate, but good enough to get a general idea, of performance.
m
l
September 22, 2012 5:50:53 PM

Hi guys,
This set-up comes costs me 85K + another HD7870 will cost me 20K , so total is more than 100K (2000$)
I guess this is way too expensive , and I'm starting to think , do I really need it.. as I will be paying from my own pocket.
I will surely buy the Logitech G27 and play seats. But I think just 1 24-inch monitor is enough to make me happy.
I will buy a secondary monitor for poker and have a 2 monitor set-up for poker.

I will stick with the same processor, graphic card and RAM but I want to cut down on the parts for eyefinity.

SO Here goes the Final Config :

Intel i-5 3570 Ivy bridge (not going to overclock) [No change in processor]
Sapphire HD 7870 2GB Factory Overclocked Graphic card [Will buy only 1 card (No cross fire ever)]
Coolermaster hyper 212 evo cooler ( Do I still need this ? Still I'll be using my PC for a good 15hrs stleast everyday Maybe a more appropriate cooler for this config? )
G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) @1600Mhz (No change here)
Asus P8H77-m pro mother board ( Now that I'm not going to crossfire, a cheaper one ?
Cossair Carbide 300r case A smaller and cheaper one?
Seasonic 760W Modular Power Supply (SS-760KM) I sure we can cut down on this a lot ?
Razer Lycosa Keyboard (No change)
Cricial 256 GB m4 SSD (No HDD needed/bought) I have an external 500GB HDD and will buy an internal one when the prices come down (No change )
CD/DVD Drive = 1500
Wifi adapter.
No more changes.

I took this decision because I think I could save more than 30K INR / 550$+ by not going for 2 card set-up and could really use the money to buy something much more useful , like two Dell U2412M monitors

I still want to have quality parts from good brands . Only excluding the stuff that only cross-fire needs.
I will surely buy a logitech G27 and playseat in 2-3 months and play using 1 24-inch monitor.

PS : I'm really sorry for wasting your time, I guess I got a bit carried away by watching gamers playing racing games with eyefinity set-ups using this steering wheels on youtube .

Thank you very much.

m
l
September 22, 2012 9:08:16 PM

If you are ruling out crossfire, you certainly don't need 750w. 550w is more than enough, but you still need to ensure it is high quality. Seasonic, XFX, BeQuiet, PC Power&C (600w), Antec, all have good offerings. Obviously it's a question of what's available.
When considering other reductions, temperature is a consideration. If you are in a nice, air conditioned environment, then case, and CPU cooling are less critical, and you could use stock CPU cooler, and cheaper case. If you are more "exposed" to the obvious temperature issues, in India, I wouldn't recommend reducing much, other than the power supply. You could cut back on motherboard, as you're not having crossfire. It is a nice board, in many ways, so I'm not sure it's worth saving a small amount on a lesser board.
m
l
September 25, 2012 5:24:42 PM

Hi guys ,
I want to buy a 16:10 monitor (better for poker) and have Dell U2412M in mind. This has a 60hz refresh rate .
So I guess any game won't exceed 60FPS in this monitor ...
However when I check this , Dirt 3 (most demanding racing games till now ) runs @ 68FPS+ @ ultra setting on a 1920x1200 monitor even on a HD 5870 ...

So there's no point for me to buy a HD 7850/7870 now ? Since I won't get more than 60FPS ? Is there anything else extra that the HD7850 can offer when I use this monitor ?

Is it true that I won't notice any difference for racing games when it is above 60fps?

If all the above is true , I would go for a previous model/cheaper one than HD7850 and buy a motherboard that would be more future proof so that I can upgrade to a HD7850/7870 when racing games really need it and the prices would have come down for those cards as well then.

Is a 60hz monitor good enough to play using steering wheels ?

Thanks
m
l
September 25, 2012 5:55:35 PM

At 1920x1080 Dirt 3 @ Ultra, 4xAA, HD7850 gets 84fps ave, HD7870 gets 104fps ave.
The power cons &temps on old 5xxx were a lot higher than 7xxx.
m
l
September 27, 2012 5:54:06 AM

Hi.. I'll either buy HD7850 or 7870 Ghx edition..
About the case, How is NZXT Guardian 921 RB ??

http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/crafted_series/guardia...

I really like this case and is in the similar price as Cossair Carbide 300r.

Can I install 2 SSDs, @ HD7870 or better , evo cooler , etc?

Also does it have front/side USB 3.0 ports? It says USB 3.0, but I can't find any ports.

Thanks
m
l
September 27, 2012 8:11:26 AM

Hi guys,, This is the final config : I have made some changes to reduce the prices a bit :

If u find anything I have done wrong please let me know..

Intel i-5 3550 @3.3Ghz

Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H 32GB DDR3 Intel Motherboard
http://www.theitdepot.com/details-Gigabyte+GA-H77-DS3H+...

PSU :
http://www.theitdepot.com/details-Corsair+Enthusiast+Se...(CMPSU-750TXV2)_C14P10725.html

2x4GB 1600 Gskill RAM

GPU : HD 7870 Ghz edition (might xfire in the future)

256GB Crucial M4 SSD

Will add a HDD in the future

CASE : Cossair 400r [no extra cooling added / evo 212 cooler removed from the list]

CD/DVD Drive

wifi adapter

Microsoft Sidewinder X4

Thanks in advance

This comes to 75K INR and I save 10K INR (200$). :) 

If u don't like anything in my config, please feel free to tell me.
m
l
September 27, 2012 10:23:51 AM

All seems good. PSU is good quality, and ample power. The only slight drawback is that it is not modular. The modular version, or the Seasonic X, would be better, from that point of view, but more expensive. If you are happy with non-modular, stick with your current selection.
m
l
September 27, 2012 4:46:11 PM

Thanks, I have some doubt about the mother board :
http://www.gigabyte.in/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4...

"1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
(The PCIEX16 slot conforms to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
* Whether PCI Express 3.0 is supported depends on CPU and graphics card compatibility. "

Will there be any compromise in the performance when xfire cards are installed in PCTe 8 slots ?

Also in the memory column, I read this :

"4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory
* Due to a Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than the size of the physical memory installed."

Does this mean I can't install Windows 8 64-bit ?? I will use only 64-bit operating system .

If I buy a HD 7850 now, can I add a HD 7870 after a year or HD 7970 card to xfire with the existing HD 7850 or does it have to be the same cards in cross fire??
m
l

Best solution

September 27, 2012 5:09:25 PM

I had thought you weren't interested in 2nd card,but yes, for OPTIMUM performance 2 slots @ x16 is ideal. In practice, a 2nd slot at x8 isn't a real issue.
The reference to RAM just means IF you have 32bit, only 4 GB can be utilised. For 64 bit there is no such restriction.
September 27, 2012 5:12:55 PM

Well that was because of budget problems, but I have cut down prices and like to keep my options open... Will surely xfire when the HD79xx series comes down to ~300$ after a year or so :) 

Just no overclocking because I don't know how to do it and am paranoid about burning the processor + heat issues..
m
l
September 27, 2012 5:40:15 PM

Okay take my suggestion:
Don't go for online websites in India, they charge too much. I have got my system built in Chandigarh for about 90K INR and it was about 23K less thatn online pricing. Either it be flipkart or thitdepot.

You should check with local distributer of various companies to buy the products. They sell at their offices.

Go for intel i5-3450 its cheap. Although both the models are not too much on overclocking side. But as you said you dont need. It cost around Rs. 10500 in chandigarh.

Get the Asus model of 7850 2GB DDR5 edition which has two fans for better cooling. Its cost around Rs. 17000.

And for motherboard go for ASUS P8H77-M Motherboard which costs about Rs. 8000.

For RAM get G.Skill Ripjaws (2 X 4GB) 1600MHZ, but dont get 8 GB stick, you wont be able to dual channel it. Two rams cost 2800 here.

So left is PSU, I believe you dont need 650W at all. You should go for 550W max. Get a corsair make model. It should not cost you more than 3900.

So the total of above goes to 42200 INR. And you are left with 11800 INR to choose cooling and cabinet. In my opinion don't buy SSD.
m
l
September 27, 2012 6:58:02 PM

itspriyank said:
Okay take my suggestion:
Don't go for online websites in India, they charge too much. I have got my system built in Chandigarh for about 90K INR and it was about 23K less thatn online pricing. Either it be flipkart or thitdepot.

You should check with local distributer of various companies to buy the products. They sell at their offices.

Go for intel i5-3450 its cheap. Although both the models are not too much on overclocking side. But as you said you dont need. It cost around Rs. 10500 in chandigarh.

Get the Asus model of 7850 2GB DDR5 edition which has two fans for better cooling. Its cost around Rs. 17000.

And for motherboard go for ASUS P8H77-M Motherboard which costs about Rs. 8000.

For RAM get G.Skill Ripjaws (2 X 4GB) 1600MHZ, but dont get 8 GB stick, you wont be able to dual channel it. Two rams cost 2800 here.

So left is PSU, I believe you dont need 650W at all. You should go for 550W max. Get a corsair make model. It should not cost you more than 3900.

So the total of above goes to 42200 INR. And you are left with 11800 INR to choose cooling and cabinet. In my opinion don't buy SSD.

Thanks for your suggestions.. I live in Chennai and have'nt cheked the local prices so far.. I'm quoting online because to be on the safer side ( I know local prices will be a bit more cheaper).
Is the Asus model really worth the extra 2K ?
About the PSU , I will cross fire it later .. so I need this big PSU..
And I really need SSD for my database involving work/poker.. It's the 1st component I really need it.. I even ditched a HDD to get a 256 GB SSD instead of 120GB HDD as I have an external HDD..

m
l
October 4, 2012 2:03:24 AM

Best answer selected by GODMODE09.
m
l
!