Sign in with
Your question

560 Ti Choppy sound and video

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
July 31, 2012 3:57:23 AM

Hey guys, my problem is that I've been getting choppy gameplay in video games. To be more specific, frequently any game tends to stutter causing the sound and video to lag, alot. I've updated my drivers, I've rolled them back (from 296 to 301 back to 296), I haven't got any overclock on my GPU or CPU and I'm virus free. I haven't ran a test on the RAM but I dont think thats the problem. The problem started about one week ago and since then I havent been able to play many games. I've tried putting all the settings on low but still no avail. I have:
Intel DP67BA-B3 board
i5 2500k
GTX 560 Ti
8gb kingston ram

My temperatures are also fine, my guess its that I have a bad PSU. After all, my mobo burnt about a month ago. I used to be able to play Battlefield 3 nearly on ultra with v-sync now I can barely play Team Fortress 2 with all the settings on low.

Has anyone experienced this problem? Or does anyone know of any fix?

I'll run a test on the RAM and check with another PSU in the meantime.

More about : 560 choppy sound video

a b U Graphics card
July 31, 2012 4:33:29 PM

Well for anyone that happens to come up onto this thread I tested the RAM but not the PSU. The ram was fine, so then I decided to do a full "repair" of the hard drive with the utility windows 7 has. That seemed to fix it. I havent updated my drivers again so Im still in 296.
m
l
!