Homebuild Gaming System

alkaleo

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
Hello guys,

I need some help to configure a homebuild system for gaming and photoshop editing as well.

So here we go:

MB - Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 - im opened to other suggestions
CPU - Intel i5 3570k - 3400mhz
Mems - Dual Channel Geil 2x4GB DDR3, 1866MHz, Evo Corsa - my question is to get 8 pr 16 gb?
Graphics - ATI Saphire HD7850 2GB or Asus GeForce 560gtxTI 1GB - im opened to other suggestions
SSD - OCZ or Samsung 64gb - for windows 7 and programs only
HDD - Seagate or Western Digital 1Tb - for storage - movies games ....
Case - Thermaltake Overseer RX-I or anything close to this
Power source - OCZ Fatal1ty, 550W

PS. Also i would appreciate if you could recommend a monitor that would have a great luminosity and contrast for webdesign.

Waiting for your feedbacks
Thanks

Okay so here is some options to consider:
* Use a z77 based mobo, not the z68 ones. Z68 was for Sandy Bridge based CPU's, not that you can't use Ivy Bridge CPU's in it. Z77 based mobo's will give you options that z68 doesn't, like onboard USB 3.0, so you can use the front USB 3.0 ports on your case (if you have one that supports this).
* CPU is a perfect one to have, so stick with it. It OC's easier and is a good one for just about anything you throw at it.
* AMD 7850/nVidia 560 Ti are good for what you like. I prefer AMD most of the time because they usually give more bang for the buck, but it's up to you.
* The SSD is too small, IMHO. I would get at least 128 gb version, because once you load up Windows 7 and update it and maybe Office, you'll probably be around 25-30 gb's. Then you will need to install your other games/apps and this will push you limits on the SSD. Most SSD's run optimally around 50-80% of capacity, so if you get a 64 gb SSD (probably about 55ish formated), you should only populate the SSD up to about 46ish gb's. This doesn't leave much room for programs/apps, this is why I'd recommend at least a 128 gb SSD.
* Your case seems a bit big, but it's up to you. I much prefer something a bit more manageable and a bit cheaper, but that is me. I'd rather have a solid case for around $50-80 and then spend the extra $ on other parts, but it's just me. I would just make sure that the case you get supports USB 3.0 front ports, so you can have good transfer speed when/if you get any USB 3.0 drives (flash and external HD's).
* Your PSU will work well for just about any singe GPU out on the market. Corsair, Antec, & Seasonic are other brands to consider. Any quality 450w or better PSU will do for a rig like this.

All options are up for debate, but I think you get the idea.