Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the OS
will no accept my CD Key.
Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
Thanks

Tom

That is not how it works.. one key for one computer is allowed.. if your
system does not allow for activation over the internet, select the option to
use telephone activation..

If XP was pre-installed when you first acquired the computer, seek help from
the vendor as they will be responsible for your copy of Windows..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Tom" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the
> OS
> will no accept my CD Key.
> Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
> Thanks

CD Keys are specific. Retail versions do not work with OEM or Volume
License(V.L) software verisons of XP. This is to say: You the the same
version of XP as the version of the key. OEM Keys need OEM version; Retail
needs Retail and V.L. needs V.L.

Also, you can not mix Home Keys with Pro. Each have their own.

Noone will(or should) publish a valid CD Key in any newsgroup. As soon as
one is, it will be copied and pirated millions of times.