Windows XP Pro

I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the OS
will no accept my CD Key.
Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about windows

    Tom

    That is not how it works.. one key for one computer is allowed.. if your
    system does not allow for activation over the internet, select the option to
    use telephone activation..

    If XP was pre-installed when you first acquired the computer, seek help from
    the vendor as they will be responsible for your copy of Windows..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Tom" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the
    > OS
    > will no accept my CD Key.
    > Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
    > Thanks

    CD Keys are specific. Retail versions do not work with OEM or Volume
    License(V.L) software verisons of XP. This is to say: You the the same
    version of XP as the version of the key. OEM Keys need OEM version; Retail
    needs Retail and V.L. needs V.L.

    Also, you can not mix Home Keys with Pro. Each have their own.

    Noone will(or should) publish a valid CD Key in any newsgroup. As soon as
    one is, it will be copied and pirated millions of times.

    > Tom
    >
    > That is not how it works.. one key for one computer is allowed.. if your
    > system does not allow for activation over the internet, select the option
    > to use telephone activation..
    >
    > If XP was pre-installed when you first acquired the computer, seek help
    > from the vendor as they will be responsible for your copy of Windows..
    >
    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >

    > "Tom" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    >> I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the
    >> OS
    >> will no accept my CD Key.
    >> Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
    >> Thanks

Configuration CD-Rom Customization Windows XP