First build - Please look

Hey guys this is my first build alone.. before I would buy from a friend or something. Ive done A LOT of research for a few years

now and with my budget and everything this is what I came up with. Id like everyone's opinion on the build from cyberpowerpc

so I am not making any mistakes. Thanks

BLUETOOTH: None
CAS: Corsair Carbide 300R Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ front USB 3.0 [+18]
CASUPGRADE: None
CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: None
COOLANT: Standard Coolant
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3770 3.40 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 [+70]
CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+9]
ENGRAVING: None
FA_HDD: None
FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
FLASHMEDIA: None
FREEBIE_MB: None
FREEBIE_VC1: FREE Borderlands2 Game Coupon [+0]
GLASSES: None
HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
HDD2: None
IEEE_CARD: None
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD: AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
MB_SRT: None
MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory [+66] (Corsair or Major Brand)
MONITOR: None
MONITOR2: None
MONITOR3: None
MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX/SLI] ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 Intel Z68 Chipset ATX Mainboard w/ Lucid Virtu, Intel SRT, UEFI Bios&7.1 THX TruStudio Audio,GbLAN,HDMI,USB3.0,SATA-III RAID, 3 PCIe X16 (2 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 2 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI (All Venom OC Certified) [+12]
MOUSE: AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OS: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: 700 Watts - Standard Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready [-6]
RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOFT1: Free Microsoft® Office® 2010 STARTER EDITION (Reduced-Functionality versions of Word and Excel that include advertising) [+0]
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
TEMP: None
TUNING: None
TVRC: None
USB: None
USBFLASH: None
USBHD: None
USBX: None
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+272] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
VIDEO2: None
VIDEO3: None
WNC: None
_PRICE: (+1236)
_view_: {3AB1B615-B41C-495C-9267-E3814132D4E4}
_load_: 9/19/2012 8:13:02 AM
39 answers Last reply
More about first build look
  1. You'll want a Z77 motherboard to take full advantage of the i7-3770.
  2. lighter17 said:
    You'll want a Z77 motherboard to take full advantage of the i7-3770.


    Thanks for taking the time out to look at my build its a large personal investment and I appreciate it.

    I wont be OCing would that matter? if you still think so would this one be ok?

    [CrossFireX] ASUS P8Z77-V LX Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2x PCIe x16 (1 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 2x PCIe x1 & 3 PCI (Extreme OC Certified)
  3. Purpose of this computer? I assume gaming? ...

    I'd buy and asrock Z77 with I5-3570k. However, that's for overclocking and you don't intend to do that ... also, 8 GB RAM will be more than enough for most applications.

    If you are building this, watching youtube "newegg computer build parts 2&3" will get you a lot of info and well on your way.

    Good Luck.
  4. So id be alright with a z68 board? any benefits of a z77 board if im not overclocking?

    and yes this is strictly be for gaming. ill be doing school work on it from time to time but nothing more then word
  5. What's your budget? I would hesitate to go with Cyberpower because they include a lot of things that aren't necessary to a PC (liquid cooling with a locked CPU for instance) and you could build your own with far better hardware for the budget.
  6. my budget is 1400 shipped. out the door.

    ive been going back and forth with newegg and cyberpower for months with a friend of mine (newegg builder) and we decided

    that its better to just get it from cyberpower with the warranty and prebuilt system. also the price wasnt as far off as you would think given the benefits.


    also you think my liquid cooling is off? should I pick a different 1?
  7. p1ng1337 said:
    my budget is 1400 shipped. out the door.

    ive been going back and forth with newegg and cyberpower for months with a friend of mine (newegg builder) and we decided

    that its better to just get it from cyberpower with the warranty and prebuilt system. also the price wasnt as far off as you would think given the benefits.


    also you think my liquid cooling is off? should I pick a different 1?


    It's not necessary with a locked CPU. You can actually run the stock fan and be fine. I'd personally build my own but that's me.
  8. well come on over and buld it for me then lol. ive watched videos and all that and I dont want to mess with it. Also I dont feel like

    waiting on defective parts if I even end up knowing which 1 is.
  9. p1ng1337 said:
    well come on over and buld it for me then lol. ive watched videos and all that and I dont want to mess with it. Also I dont feel like

    waiting on defective parts if I even end up knowing which 1 is.


    I've been building systems for a while and I've only ever had two or three defective parts. And I've only really RMA'd maybe the same amount which are usually replaced with similar or better.
  10. If you order from Cyberpower do NOT get the "standard" psu's. As of last year at least they were the #1 cause of problems with the Cyberpower computers. They should have the option to change to a Corsair or other quality psu. Do so.
  11. Just to clarify the motherboard chipset issue. Z68 was the top of the line chipset for last year's Sandy Bridge CPUs, while Z77 is top of the line for this year's Ivy Bridge CPUs (like the i7-3770). Both chipsets allow overclocking. While Ivy Bridge CPUs will work in Z68 motherboards (if they have an updated BIOS) you won't necessarily have access to all the new enhancements included in IB processors. For compatibility purposes if you're getting an Ivy Bridge CPU you should get a motherboard with a 7 series chipset.

    For gaming purposes you won't see any benefit from the i7 CPU over an i5 CPU. What I would recommend is switch to a Z77 motherboard, downgrade the CPU in your build to an i5-3570k and then pay them to overclock it. It should cost about the same and will get you a significant boost in CPU performance.

    You also might want to add an SSD to your build if you can afford it.
  12. Im thinking of doing newegg. my friend said he could walk me through it and newegg

    just feels better and safer then cyberpowerpc also I asked cyberpower to look at my

    build and he said everything looked good except the 700w he said 700w is pushing it and I should upgrade -_-

    I think ill stick with the i7 3770 and get a Z77 motherboard and stick with a 670 maybe the FTW edition?

    I wont get liquid cooling but will get a case fan. Also going to stick with 8GIG ram since 16 is an over cool so ive heard
  13. Now you're talking.

    For what its worth, I started on Cyberpower and ended up building myself without anyone to walk me through it (besides the knowledgeable people here) and had no problems. Your results may vary but it worked out 1000% better than I expected.

    Newegg has a good 3 part series on how-to, and there are other good ones on youtube.

    Also, it's your $$ so if you have your heart set on an I7 go for it - BUT - you will really see NO benefit in gaming. I would put that money towards a good SSD - That will make a bigger difference than you think in loading times....
  14. Yeah I called cyberpower and they were just like what do you want type feel.. Im

    spending so much money on this and I want to feel good about it and excited and

    cyberpower doesnt do that. also you cant beat $16 shipping! also I will get it faster!

    cyberpowerpc wanted $125 to ship my computer with a monitor.. if i take the monitor off its $75... $50 to ship a monitor????

    I am not against cyberpowerpc and im not trying to bash them.. they are good for certain needs.

    heres my new build on newegg - please check and make sure this is everything I need.. give or take the 680/670



    Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    Item #: N82E16811129042
    Return Policy: Limited Replacement Only Return Policy
    -$15.00 Instant
    $69.99
    $54.99


    Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    Item #: N82E16822148697
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    Protect Your Investment (expand for options)
    Recover Your Data(expand for options)
    -$30.00 Instant
    $109.99
    $79.99


    ASUS VS Series VS238H-P Black 23" 2ms HDMI LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor
    Item #: N82E16824236175
    Return Policy: Monitor Standard Return Policy
    Protect Your Investment (expand for options)
    -$40.00 Instant
    $10.00 Mail-in Rebate Card
    $199.99
    $159.99


    EVGA 02G-P4-2680-KR GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
    Item #: N82E16814130768
    Return Policy: VGA Standard Return Policy
    Protect Your Investment (expand for options)
    $20.00 Mail-in Rebate Card
    $499.99
    1

    NVIDIA Gift - Borderlands2 Free Game Coupon
    Item #: N82E16800999294
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    -$59.99 Saving
    $59.99
    $0.00


    CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC ...
    Item #: N82E16817139010
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    -$25.00 Instant
    $10.00 Mail-in Rebate Card
    $169.99
    $144.99


    Microsoft Keyboard 200 6JH-00001 Black USB Wired Standard Keyboard
    Item #: N82E16823109233
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    Protect Your Investment (expand for options)
    -$1.00 Instant
    $11.99
    $10.99


    Logitech G700 Black 13 Buttons Tilt Wheel USB RF Wireless Laser Gaming Mouse
    Item #: N82E16826104377
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    Protect Your Investment (expand for options)
    -$20.00 Instant
    $99.99
    $79.99


    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL
    Item #: N82E16820231311
    Return Policy: Memory Standard Return Policy
    $37.99


    ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Item #: N82E16813157293
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    Protect Your Investment (expand for options)
    $134.99
    1

    McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2013 - 1 PC (Product Key Card) - OEM
    Item #: N82E16832484023
    Return Policy: Software Standard Return Policy
    -$39.99 Saving
    $39.99
    $0.00


    Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I73770
    Item #: N82E16819116502
    Return Policy: CPU Replacement Only Return Policy
    Protect Your Investment (expand for options)
    $309.99


    COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel ...
    Item #: N82E16835103065
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    -$5.00 Instant
    $34.99
    $29.99
    Subtotal: $1,543.89
  15. The 680 really isn't worth the exta money vs the 670, check this out: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-670-review,3200-15.html

    Also non "k" series cpus have locked multipliers meaning you won't be doing serious overclocking so an aftermarket cpu cooler isn't needed, but if you do get a 212, I would get this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

    I like the PSU and mobo.
  16. oh ok so I dont even need the cooler master hyper 212? my buddy keeps insisting on the 680 but im good with the 670 and people are still saying I dont need that much lol
  17. No need for an aftermarket cooler, without oc'ing the stock cooler is sufficient, and the 670 will handle anything you throw at it at 1920x1080 with ease for the near future.

    Save the money there and maybe get an SSD or a nicer case...

    The Three Hundred is a perfectly good case, it just bothers me to put an I7 and 670 in a $60 case....

    Maybe a Coolermaster HAF922 or a 500r by Corsair..... Fractal and Antec make nice roomy mid towers in the $120 range also...

    The extra room makes it easier to build and keeps it even cooler....
  18. heres my final build

    Qty. Product Description Savings Total Price
    1


    CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W Power Supply
    Item #:N82E16817139010
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    $169.99
    $144.99


    1


    Logitech G35 Surround Sound Headset
    Item #:N82E16826104281
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    $129.99
    $99.99


    1


    Logitech G700 Black RF Wireless Gaming Mouse
    Item #:N82E16826104377
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    $99.99
    $79.99


    1


    Intel Core i7-3770 3.4GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 Quad-Core Desktop Processor
    Item #:N82E16819116502
    Return Policy: CPU Replacement Only Return Policy
    $309.99


    1


    ASUS VS Series VS238H-P Black 23" 2ms LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor
    Item #:N82E16824236175
    Return Policy: Monitor Standard Return Policy
    $199.99
    $159.99


    1


    XTRAC PADS RIPPER XL Optical Mouse pad
    Item #:N82E16817114182
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    $16.99


    1


    Antec Nine Hundred Black Computer Case with Upgraded USB 3.0 With Side Panel Window
    Item #:N82E16811129021
    Return Policy: Limited Replacement Only Return Policy
    $105.99
    $99.99


    1


    Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    Item #:N82E16822136533
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    $149.99
    $109.99


    1


    Rosewill - Pellucid HD Series High Speed HDMI® cable (6 FEET)
    Item #:N82E16882021128
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    $6.99
    $4.99


    1


    ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS
    Item #:N82E16827135204
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    $19.99


    1


    Rosewill RK-100 Black USB Standard Keyboard
    Item #:N82E16823201028
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    $9.99


    1


    ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Item #:N82E16813157293
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    $134.99


    1


    McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2013 - 1 PC (Product Key Card)
    Item #:N82E16832484023
    Return Policy: Software Standard Return Policy
    $39.99


    1


    G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
    Item #:N82E16820231461
    Return Policy: Memory Standard Return Policy
    $47.99


    1


    G.SKILL 8GB Micro SDHC Flash Card
    Item #:N82E16820231535
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    $5.99


    1


    GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 670 GV-N670OC-2GD Video Card
    Item #:N82E16814125423
    Return Policy: VGA Standard Return Policy
    $399.99


    1


    NVIDIA Gift - Borderlands2 Free Game Coupon
    Item #:N82E16800999294
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    $59.99


    Grand Total: $1,639.86

    the total is like 1500 because some stuff was free and discounted but doesnt show up
  19. Don't forget an operating system (Like windows....) and good luck with the build and happy gaming!
  20. Nice build:

    A couple last thoughts from me:

    Razor Death Adder mouse - great mouse, it just feels great !
    SSD: 120 GB - Intel. Crucial, or Samsung. Amazing Speed - you'll love it.

    enjoy and good luck
  21. duh windows lol.. I have used razor the razor mouse before feels nice but I had the 12 button one or w/e

    and I can live without faster boot times lol
  22. You guys do know the Z77 mobos are intended for OCing right?

    Your suggesting a locked CPU to go with a mobo for OC lol. :non: H77 is a more viable option for those who dont want to OC.
  23. Good point, we missed that :??: Would have been an opportunity to save the op a few bucks.

    The extreme4 is still an excellent board, just underutilized....
  24. funny you guys brought this up.. I went over the build with a friend last night and he

    recommended the H77 board since thats what he has for his 680 + i7 he doesnt OC

    either. I havent ordered yet since hes going to show me which H77 he has so I can get that instead.

    Any recommendations on which H77 to get that will go with my ram? All I know is to get a 4 ram slot.
  25. p1ng1337 said:
    funny you guys brought this up.. I went over the build with a friend last night and he

    recommended the H77 board since thats what he has for his 680 + i7 he doesnt OC

    either. I havent ordered yet since hes going to show me which H77 he has so I can get that instead.

    Any recommendations on which H77 to get that will go with my ram? All I know is to get a 4 ram slot.



    The ASROCK H77 Pro4 has your g-skill on its qualified ram list. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157302
  26. Im thinking of going with different ram.. corsair vengence is on sale for $39 how do I check if its compatible?
  27. p1ng1337 said:
    Im thinking of going with different ram.. corsair vengence is on sale for $39 how do I check if its compatible?



    On the manufacturers websites, like this: http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H77%20Pro4MVP/?cat=Memory

    The ram manufacturers will also have qualified mobo lists, which are often easier to keep updated since there are roughly a gazillion different models of ram out there and no one can test them all.
  28. p1ng1337 said:
    heres my final build

    Qty. Product Description Savings Total Price
    1


    CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W Power Supply
    Item #:N82E16817139010
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    $169.99
    $144.99


    1


    Logitech G35 Surround Sound Headset
    Item #:N82E16826104281
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    $129.99
    $99.99


    1


    Logitech G700 Black RF Wireless Gaming Mouse
    Item #:N82E16826104377
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    $99.99
    $79.99


    1


    Intel Core i7-3770 3.4GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 Quad-Core Desktop Processor
    Item #:N82E16819116502
    Return Policy: CPU Replacement Only Return Policy
    $309.99


    1


    ASUS VS Series VS238H-P Black 23" 2ms LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor
    Item #:N82E16824236175
    Return Policy: Monitor Standard Return Policy
    $199.99
    $159.99


    1


    XTRAC PADS RIPPER XL Optical Mouse pad
    Item #:N82E16817114182
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    $16.99


    1


    Antec Nine Hundred Black Computer Case with Upgraded USB 3.0 With Side Panel Window
    Item #:N82E16811129021
    Return Policy: Limited Replacement Only Return Policy
    $105.99
    $99.99


    1


    Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    Item #:N82E16822136533
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    $149.99
    $109.99


    1


    Rosewill - Pellucid HD Series High Speed HDMI® cable (6 FEET)
    Item #:N82E16882021128
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    $6.99
    $4.99


    1


    ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS
    Item #:N82E16827135204
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    $19.99


    1


    Rosewill RK-100 Black USB Standard Keyboard
    Item #:N82E16823201028
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    $9.99


    1


    ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Item #:N82E16813157293
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    $134.99


    1


    McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2013 - 1 PC (Product Key Card)
    Item #:N82E16832484023
    Return Policy: Software Standard Return Policy
    $39.99


    1


    G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
    Item #:N82E16820231461
    Return Policy: Memory Standard Return Policy
    $47.99


    1


    G.SKILL 8GB Micro SDHC Flash Card
    Item #:N82E16820231535
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    $5.99


    1


    GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 670 GV-N670OC-2GD Video Card
    Item #:N82E16814125423
    Return Policy: VGA Standard Return Policy
    $399.99


    1


    NVIDIA Gift - Borderlands2 Free Game Coupon
    Item #:N82E16800999294
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    $59.99


    Grand Total: $1,639.86

    the total is like 1500 because some stuff was free and discounted but doesnt show up


    You're including a lot of accessories and things you don't need in your budget. That's a decent build to start with but skip paying one or two hundred on accessories and focus on the hardware that's inside. McAfee is a horrible anti virus program - there's far better on the market. Use AVG free to start with. Your monitor will come with cables so there's no need to purchase extra. The mouse pad is a waste of money - they haven't been used in a long time.

    Try this:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($214.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($36.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($154.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive ($97.27 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($109.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($307.86 @ Newegg)
    Case: Antec Eleven Hundred ATX Full Tower Case ($109.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W 80 PLUS Silver Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus VH236H 23.0" Monitor ($158.98 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1439.01
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-09-20 13:18 EDT-0400)

    Then add whatever keyboard and mouse you want.
  29. I tried to explain that before that its all extras for the purchases.. only thing im buying

    is the build + keyboard and mouse + monitor. everything else is free and cannot be

    removed even if I tried. Also I assure you McAfee will be thrown away as soon as I see it.
  30. Quote:
    Try this:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($214.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($36.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($154.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive ($97.27 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($109.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($307.86 @ Newegg)
    Case: Antec Eleven Hundred ATX Full Tower Case ($109.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W 80 PLUS Silver Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus VH236H 23.0" Monitor ($158.98 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1439.01
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-09-20 13:18 EDT-0400)


    Yea, we mentioned the lack of benefit from a I7 earlier and since he hasn't changed it I assume he really wants an I7. He did say he wasn't going to overclock so we're at an h77 board...

    To the OP: For what its worth, g-unit is one of the several 'real' experts on these boards that I will want advice from before I build my next rig. His builds and advice are usually solid and spot on.

    For example I would change to his psu. Company with a solid rep and much better $$$
  31. I see.. my only fear with the I5-3570k is later down the road.. It happened to me in

    the past where the only thing bottle necking my pc was my CPU and am afraid of that

    happening again. as for the AMD GPU I am completely against it for my own personal

    reasons and opinions.. However I will take your advice is everything else lol


    EDIT: And so far this is the mother board im going with. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157302

    although the price and reviews scare me half to death.
  32. And I greatly appreciate everyone taking out the time to write responses to this and helping me out. Especially g-unit and ed
  33. You're very welcome, we want you to end up with a rig you're happy with!

    I know what you mean about the board, and other than Asrock having a decent reputation I have no experience with it, so it would be nice to see someone else's opinion.

    I do LOVE my 3570k/Gigabyte Z77/GTX670 combo in my rig. More powerful than I expected and trouble free build/installation.
  34. I am highly considering the 3570k. and also see you have the 670 FTW edition? thats

    for overclocking right? So so far i think ill have the 3570k and the 670.

    as for everything else. I will take the build from g unit and combined it with the build

    I have and somehow come to a conclusion
  35. The FTW is EVGA's factory overclocked version. All of the manufacturers have one, and apparently EVGA's is actually lacking in cooling design compared to some of the others. It hasn't caused a problem for me yet though, my gpu fan hardly even runs, I think because the 500r is such a well cooled case.

    The fan on the gpu is by far the loudest fan in the case though, it came on the other day when my son was playing Guild Wars and it was the first time I heard it. I panicked and almost made him quit the game before I realized what it was.

    Also if you do go with a H77 board (for either a 3770 or 3550 cpu) I would be more comfortable with this one:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128548&Tpk=gigabyte%20h77m-d3h
  36. EVGA FTW cards have eh coolers. Get the MSI Power Edition GTX670. Much better cooling, over volting which allows for better OCs.
  37. I wasnt going to OC. I was going to get the Gigabyte

    GIGABYTE GV-N670OC-2GD GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125423
  38. Even if you arent OCing, its a great feature to have incase you feel your games are getting laggy. MSI still has a better cooler :D
  39. Finally done and ordered last night from new egg 1,450 + for HDD and Headphones

    from friend. Thanks everyone. I came on here to get some answers but since

    everyone is so nice.. maybe ill stick around :)

    oh and I also got my friend to drive over next weekend to help me build everything.. so I feel a lot safer
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product