  • Microsoft
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
August 20, 2005 4:03:28 PM

I can no longer see my folder names in Thumbnail View in Explorer

This is most disturbing and annoying

What has gone wrong and how do I fix it?

--
Cheers,
Trevor L.

More about : folder names missing

Anonymous
August 20, 2005 4:03:29 PM

Trevor L. wrote:
> I can no longer see my folder names in Thumbnail View in Explorer
>
> This is most disturbing and annoying
>
> What has gone wrong and how do I fix it?

First, select the folder(s) in question.

Go to View, select any of the other viewing options (such as List). Now go back and press and hold the Shift Key and select Thumbnails. You can hide or unhide the names using this procedure.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 4:03:30 PM

Ronnie,

What is the purpose of that feature? I didn't know that you could turn the
thumbnail names on/off like that and I don't understand why anyone would want
to turn them off.

Don
--
- Birds are God''s gift of beauty to the world -

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Trevor L. wrote:
> > I can no longer see my folder names in Thumbnail View in Explorer
> >
> > This is most disturbing and annoying
> >
> > What has gone wrong and how do I fix it?
>
> First, select the folder(s) in question.
>
> Go to View, select any of the other viewing options (such as List). Now go back and press and hold the Shift Key and select Thumbnails. You can hide or unhide the names using this procedure.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Anonymous
August 20, 2005 4:03:31 PM

dgc49 wrote:
> Ronnie,
>
> What is the purpose of that feature? I didn't know that you could
> turn the
> thumbnail names on/off like that and I don't understand why anyone
> would want
> to turn them off.
>
> Don

Just for ambiance, I guess?

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 4:04:28 PM

PS The file name is also missing

--

Trevor L. wrote:
> I can no longer see my folder names in Thumbnail View in Explorer
>
> This is most disturbing and annoying
>
> What has gone wrong and how do I fix it?
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Trevor L.
> Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 9:07:23 PM

Many thanks,

I actually did it the hard way and rebooted.

Now I will know what to do next time my finger slips.

--

Ronnie Vernon MVP wrote:
> Trevor L. wrote:
>> I can no longer see my folder names in Thumbnail View in Explorer
>>
>> This is most disturbing and annoying
>>
>> What has gone wrong and how do I fix it?
>
> First, select the folder(s) in question.
>
> Go to View, select any of the other viewing options (such as List).
> Now go back and press and hold the Shift Key and select Thumbnails.
> You can hide or unhide the names using this procedure.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
October 20, 2011 9:20:58 PM

Excellent!
Thanx
xorg.

Quote:

Trevor L. wrote:
> I can no longer see my folder names in Thumbnail View in Explorer
>
> This is most disturbing and annoying
>
> What has gone wrong and how do I fix it?

First, select the folder(s) in question.

Go to View, select any of the other viewing options (such as List). Now go back and press and hold the Shift Key and select Thumbnails. You can hide or unhide the names using this procedure.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

March 5, 2012 12:42:09 PM

Quote:

Is there a fast way to do this? Unfortunately this has happened to every thumbnail (large icon) on my computer
Btw it's a lot of files
So it's too long to do one by one

!