AMD turbo core not working

chromic

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
ive tried many clocks and cores and my fx-6100 clockrates stay the same, tried cinebench 11.5 , prime 95, intel burn, tried even playing numeroues games but the clock rate still stays the same

turbo core disables half the cores and ups the clock speed, so it stays stable under stock settings and temp with stock cooling, if it just jumped in clock speed it could be unstable and or get too hot for the stock cooler, so its not programed to do that.

chromic

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
i have a ninja 3 cooler and (disabled 2 cores) for 4 core 4.2ghz 1.425 volts ( bad overclocker =(, and max temps with prime 95 are 55-56c and core 38-39c

i tried the turbo core with stock settings and nothing happened

Turbo core is a feature built into the cpu to activate when needed, its not an overclock setting, that cooler should do a good job at overclocking all cores, where there is no needed for turbo core. So what cpu do u have? along with other specs.

chromic

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
CPU : fx-6100
CPU cooler : scythe ninja 3
mobo : N68C-GS FX
RAM : 4 gb kingston hyperx 1600 mhz

Case : coolermaster elite k350 with 3 case fans, mobo doesnt support more :/

With the cooler u should easily get a decent overclock on all cores, but its not the best motherboard so may be restricted on how far u can get, but if u got 4.2 on 4 cores, having that is prob fine as usually only 4 cores are used, but i just never see why to deactivate perfectly fine cores lol

So is the 4.2ghz an oc u got across the 4 cores? if so try a lower oc on six cores unless ur sure u only need the 4