• Nvidia
  • Gtx
  • Sony
  • Video
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 31, 2012 12:37:23 PM

Every time i try to render a video with sony vegas pro 11 (Using my gtx 670), i instantly get this message "An error occurred while creating the media file" "The reason for the error could not be determined"

If someone can please inform me on how to get my gtx 670s working in SVP11.I would highly appreciate it.

I also know rendering as "CPU Only" does work, but the video render's slow even though i have an i7-3960x CPU.

If this is in the wrong section, please move it.As i couldn't find a section for "sony vegas"

Many thanks,

More about : nvidia geforce gtx 670 sli working sony vegas pro

July 31, 2012 12:48:47 PM

Not too sure, I would begin by reinstalling Sony Vegas, if that doesnt work try different drivers.

I know its probably not really useful info to you but you should use Premier Pro if you can. It renders so much faster and will take better advantage of your GPU. I used to use Sony Vegas a couple of years ago and there is no way I could go back, and you notice a big difference when it comes to rendering effects and grading etc.
m
l
July 31, 2012 1:02:58 PM

paddys09 said:
Not too sure, I would begin by reinstalling Sony Vegas, if that doesnt work try different drivers.

I know its probably not really useful info to you but you should use Premier Pro if you can. It renders so much faster and will take better advantage of your GPU. I used to use Sony Vegas a couple of years ago and there is no way I could go back, and you notice a big difference when it comes to rendering effects and grading etc.

I re-installed sony vegas twice and nothing,

I don't know how to use premier pro.
m
l
Related resources
July 31, 2012 1:13:23 PM

Have you got the latest drivers for your card? If you do maybe try previous versions?

Premier Pro is free on a 30 day trial and its the full version pretty much. I was the same at 1st, but its very similar to Vegas, just looks a bit more complicated. Youll pick it up in no time.

Give it a blast, I remember rendering on the CPU alone on Vegas used to take like half an hour for a 10 min video. Premier does it in a couple of mins.

m
l
July 31, 2012 1:16:09 PM

paddys09 said:
Have you got the latest drivers for your card? If you do maybe try previous versions?

Premier Pro is free on a 30 day trial and its the full version pretty much. I was the same at 1st, but its very similar to Vegas, just looks a bit more complicated. Youll pick it up in no time.

Give it a blast, I remember rendering on the CPU alone on Vegas used to take like half an hour for a 10 min video. Premier does it in a couple of mins.

Could you please give me the download link,

Thank you.
m
l
July 31, 2012 1:21:37 PM

I remember seeing seeing a similar thread(maybe on another forum) where the person wasn't able to render in Vegas Pro with Sli 6xx cards. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit:
Of course it was on the Nvidia forums, which just happened to get hacked.

Sony Vegas Pro 11 don't use 670 - NVIDIA Forums
forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=229649&view...ShareMay 18, 2012 – With my old GTX 580 there was no problem, but i noticed that Sony Vegas Pro 11 can't recognize any 670 card. I enabled CUDA on Nvidia ...

It was a longish thread, trying out different drivers. Have you tried any of the beta drivers?
m
l
July 31, 2012 1:27:20 PM

Yea, had a look around the net there aswell seems like its a common issue with the 6xx series, doesnt seem to be too many answers though, you could always give Sony a call?

Sorry did you want the link for your drivers or Premier?
m
l
July 31, 2012 3:09:15 PM

Ok vegas did not work with the BETA driver's, so i went ahead and downloaded CS6, but i can't figure out.How to render the video using my graphic's card, and in the video i have my voice & my friends, but i'm only hearing my friend's voice in the video & not mine.

Please can someone help me.I'm having no luck here and i'm getting very irritated.

Thank you.
m
l
July 31, 2012 4:05:37 PM

You cannot render a video with the GPU alone, just use it to help accelerate the process and also to aid you with effects etc.

Go to Project > Project Settings > General. Under the "Renderer" drop down menu make sure you have the mercury engine set to CUDA.

As for the audo, How did you record it? Is it a separate file or is it encoded into the original clip?

Either way you should right click on the audio in the timeline and select "audio channels" you may have to enable one of them.
m
l
July 31, 2012 4:12:50 PM

paddys09 said:
You cannot render a video with the GPU alone, just use it to help accelerate the process and also to aid you with effects etc.

Go to Project > Project Settings > General. Under the "Renderer" drop down menu make sure you have the mercury engine set to CUDA.

As for the audo, How did you record it? Is it a separate file or is it encoded into the original clip?

Either way you should right click on the audio in the timeline and select "audio channels" you may have to enable one of them.

I don't have a "renderer" drop down menu,

Image here: http://gyazo.com/aae6b18856d0ecea387ad7c2879aee98

And the audio is in separate track's, (but is with the avi file when imported) friend's audio with the game audio, my voice is on it's own.
m
l
July 31, 2012 4:28:55 PM

I see, that should be a drop down menu, it is on mine (gtx 570) looks like the 670 isnt compatible with this either unfortunately. I'd say this will be fixed in time

Your still going to see a massive difference in the way it utilizes the CPU for rendering though.

For the audio when you have dragged your voice file into the time line make sure this speaker box is checked:

http://postimage.org/image/fdae818xj/

Another thing to note is you cannot render the project until you have saved it unlike Vegas. To render go to File > Export > Media.

There will be a few things you have to get used to, but just render out anything to see the difference in speed and why its worth learning! :) 

m
l
July 31, 2012 4:35:47 PM

paddys09 said:
I see, that should be a drop down menu, it is on mine (gtx 570) looks like the 670 isnt compatible with this either unfortunately.

Your still going to see a massive difference in the way it utilizes the CPU for rendering though.

For the audio when you have dragged your voice file into the time line make sure this speaker box is checked:

http://postimage.org/image/fdae818xj/

Another thing to note is you cannot render the project until you have saved it unlike Vegas. To render go to File > Export > Media.

There will be a few things you have to get used to, but just render out anything to see the difference in speed and why its worth learning! :) 

Well what a shame.I had two gtx 570s in SLI also, but they are not with me at the moment.So i guess i have to use my CPU until sony & adobe decide to support the gtx 670.

I will keep rendering with sony vegas anyway, :( 

Thank you for your help.I highly appreciate it.
m
l
July 31, 2012 4:56:06 PM

No worries, It is a shame about that Nvidia/Adobe/Sony really need to sort that out.

To be honest you wont notice a massive difference with the gpu assisting, all depends on the codec, effects etc but its never that much.

Yea use Vegas if thats what your comfortable with, but keep giving Premier a go now and again, it really is so much faster and I presume thats why you wanted the GPU acceleration in the 1st place. Just render out a clip and youll see.

Anyways good luck with the editing, If you ever have any questions about it let me know, its what I do for a living!

All the best :) 
m
l
August 3, 2012 2:12:35 AM

I don't know too much about sony vegas pro.

Did you get to premiere to work with the gtx 670?
m
l
August 3, 2012 2:35:57 AM

newmember27 said:
I don't know too much about sony vegas pro.

Did you get to premiere to work with the gtx 670?

No i didn't try it, as i don't like to use premiere pro,

I've just been CPU rendering with sony vegas currently, i'm just waiting until sony release another update.

Which will hopefully support my GPU.
m
l
!