Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Phenom II x4 955 BE or Non BE?

Last response: in CPUs
February 3, 2013 1:31:59 AM

So I'm not entirely sure which version I have to be honest and I don't even know exactly how to find out. Is there a specific quality one has over the other that would be a tell tale sign?

More about : phenom 955

a c 175 à CPUs
February 3, 2013 6:35:52 AM

go into the bios and see if u can move the multiplier, if u can u got a black edition, if its locked and can only raise or lower the front side bus, then its non black edition. or see if u can get ur cpu model number, if u can compare it to the BE and non BE cpus
Score
February 3, 2013 6:42:42 AM

The 955 is a black edition chip there is no non be 955
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b à CPUs
February 3, 2013 7:00:21 AM

Actually there are two Black Edition Phenom 955's and three non BE ones.
FGo into the bios and see if you can increase the multiplier. If you can then it's a black edition. If you ca't then it's not.
a c 175 à CPUs
February 3, 2013 7:06:16 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_Phenom_micropr...

Kamen is correct lol

BE will have the unlocked multiplier where a non BE will have it locked, also looking for a 95watt in monitoring programs like cpuz being 95watt will more likely to be a non BE but there is one 95watt BE so again with the multiplier in bios
Score
February 3, 2013 7:34:02 AM

hmm well I cant change the multiplier up it only goes down so it must be a none be version. Dang I was hoping the overclocking would be much easier with only having to turn up the multiplier. My msi 870- g45 does have an overclocking switch that automatically overclocks it, guess that might be worth a try.
Score
February 3, 2013 7:34:37 AM

Best answer selected by Rickyrozay209.
Score
a b à CPUs
February 3, 2013 7:50:03 AM

I could not resist

"To BE or not to BE, that is the question"

Also downloading a program called CPU-Z or speccy can show you what cpu you are running
Score
a c 175 à CPUs
February 3, 2013 7:53:04 AM

Using the FSB isnt a terrible way to OC i easily got a 400Mhz boost by just moving that no other tweaking, to go higher obviously playing with voltages, the fsb, ram, NB, etc its just more annoying

Not thats its a big deal but like how Kamen got best answer when he just mentioned that there were mutiple BE and non BE and said the same i did after i said it lol
Score
February 3, 2013 8:28:35 AM

lazyboy947 said:
Using the FSB isnt a terrible way to OC i easily got a 400Mhz boost by just moving that no other tweaking, to go higher obviously playing with voltages, the fsb, ram, NB, etc its just more annoying

Not thats its a big deal but like how Kamen got best answer when he just mentioned that there were mutiple BE and non BE and said the same i did after i said it lol

aha your right, sorry about that my fault.
Score
!