Closed Solved

Phenom II x4 955 BE or Non BE?

So I'm not entirely sure which version I have to be honest and I don't even know exactly how to find out. Is there a specific quality one has over the other that would be a tell tale sign?
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about phenom
  1. go into the bios and see if u can move the multiplier, if u can u got a black edition, if its locked and can only raise or lower the front side bus, then its non black edition. or see if u can get ur cpu model number, if u can compare it to the BE and non BE cpus
  2. The 955 is a black edition chip there is no non be 955
  3. Best answer
    Actually there are two Black Edition Phenom 955's and three non BE ones.
    FGo into the bios and see if you can increase the multiplier. If you can then it's a black edition. If you ca't then it's not.
  4. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_Phenom_microprocessors#.22Zosma.22_.28E0.2C_45_nm.2C_Quad-core.29

Kamen is correct lol

BE will have the unlocked multiplier where a non BE will have it locked, also looking for a 95watt in monitoring programs like cpuz being 95watt will more likely to be a non BE but there is one 95watt BE so again with the multiplier in bios
  5. hmm well I cant change the multiplier up it only goes down so it must be a none be version. Dang I was hoping the overclocking would be much easier with only having to turn up the multiplier. My msi 870- g45 does have an overclocking switch that automatically overclocks it, guess that might be worth a try.
  6. Best answer selected by Rickyrozay209.
  7. I could not resist

"To BE or not to BE, that is the question"

Also downloading a program called CPU-Z or speccy can show you what cpu you are running
  8. Using the FSB isnt a terrible way to OC i easily got a 400Mhz boost by just moving that no other tweaking, to go higher obviously playing with voltages, the fsb, ram, NB, etc its just more annoying

Not thats its a big deal but like how Kamen got best answer when he just mentioned that there were mutiple BE and non BE and said the same i did after i said it lol
  9. lazyboy947 said:
    Using the FSB isnt a terrible way to OC i easily got a 400Mhz boost by just moving that no other tweaking, to go higher obviously playing with voltages, the fsb, ram, NB, etc its just more annoying

Not thats its a big deal but like how Kamen got best answer when he just mentioned that there were mutiple BE and non BE and said the same i did after i said it lol

aha your right, sorry about that my fault.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Phenom