Q: The Cliffspring River - location to activate sampler

Hi all,

I am currently on The Cliffspring River quest to get the sample from
the waterfall. I have tried all spots at the upper and lower pool (the
upper pool is the entrance to the cave gaurded some of those weird
amphibian type mer-creatures. I cannot seem to get the right spot that
will fill up the vial. Can someone explain where I need to be standing
to have it fill up please.

(This quest here http://thottbot.com/?q=25669)

While digging out a new addition to the Den, DaFox found a scrap of parchment. On it,

http://thottbot.com/?q=422

--

When E-mailing me, remove the Anti-Spam Device (Super) from my reply address
ICQ:6154582 Haven't got ICQ? Go here: http://www.icq.com/

"Malcolm McGrath"
<nospammicusemjaymacnospamiccus@internode..on..danospammy.net> wrote in
message news:lcovi1hoafjua2ao0e7hgg6rvs17nk116j@4ax.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I am currently on The Cliffspring River quest to get the sample from
> the waterfall. I have tried all spots at the upper and lower pool (the
> upper pool is the entrance to the cave gaurded some of those weird
> amphibian type mer-creatures. I cannot seem to get the right spot that
> will fill up the vial. Can someone explain where I need to be standing
> to have it fill up please.
>
> (This quest here http://thottbot.com/?q=25669)

Just under the waterfall near the bridge

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 07:44:21 -0700, "Dr. Richard Cranium"
<dracman@compuserve.com> wrote:

>under the bridge, where the river flows to the ocean. swim up the river to
>the water fall. then stand in the falling water.
>
>hope this helps,
>
>** No Fate **

Cheers, I cant believe how silly i was going to the wrong one.

Malcolm McGrath wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 07:44:21 -0700, "Dr. Richard Cranium"
> <dracman@compuserve.com> wrote:
>

>>under the bridge, where the river flows to the ocean. swim up the river to
>>the water fall. then stand in the falling water.
>>
>>hope this helps,
>>
>>** No Fate **
>

> Cheers, I cant believe how silly i was going to the wrong one.

It's badly written quest in my opinion. There's no real way to know
whether you've gone to the 1st waterfall or not. You just get the
message not close enough and then have to fight off a bunch of naga that
have some truly weird line of sight abilities. survivng that you get to
try again.
When that failed I jumped down to the lower pool and tried there. At
that point I just decided to follow the river out to the sea and found
the other waterfall above the beach.
Kind of an indicator that the quest directions are going to get vaguer I
guess. Some of the higher level ones only give a zone and some of the
world travel ones don't even give you that.

So if you think you've found the right area, then do a bit of exploring
and you may find what you are looking for. Alternatively alt-Tab to
Thott and look it up as you've been directed to do above.

Cameron