gpopp

Honorable
May 21, 2012
hi
ive been looking for a pc for a while, and decided i wanted to build one myself as it would be the cheapest option. However i stumbled upon this (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Intel-Ivy-Bridge-I7-3770K-Gaming-PC-1tb-8gb-1600mhz-GTX-660-2gb-Z77-Computer-/140851141962?pt=UK_Computing_DesktopPCs&hash=item20cb61dd4a) and it is extremely cheap! should i go with this and just buy windows 7 separately of is it too good to be true?

thanks in advance any help would be greatly appreciated as im new to the pc scene

gpop

UnlimitedBanana

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011

Hmm, 700 British pounds is quite good for that computer. Kinda skeptic though. Getting a system shipped can sometimes result in damage to case and components. If you're buying it you should probably make sure it has at least some sort of warranty that it will start and work properly :)

gpopp

Honorable
May 21, 2012
1 year guarantee :D which is a bonus and it can be returned. Are there any parts that are particularly poor quality? is this why its so cheap?

UnlimitedBanana

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011

I doubt it. If they give a 1 year warranty that's pretty much a steal for you mate. All those parts are less than a year out in the market, I HIGHLY doubt they have already worn out. Go for it, pretty sure that rig will last you at least 2 years before you need to upgrade, and the only thing you might need to upgrade is the Graphics card. For now the 660 can max out pretty much every game without breaking a sweat :)

gpopp

Honorable
May 21, 2012
the case, im slightly worried about, its got a top mounted power supply. also it says the power supply is a branded 750 watt psu. it is not specific about the brand

UnlimitedBanana

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011

I wouldn't be worried about the Power Supply. Top mounted PSU's are pretty sturdy. And even Cooler Master 750W is more than plenty for a GTX660. I doubt it would have any problems even with a GTX680 :)

gpopp

Honorable
May 21, 2012
im still slightly worried about the psu. I've had a look around their ebay store to find a 750w power supply. The cheapest one and the most likely to be in the system is a CiT 750W Power Supply Black Edition. Ive been looking online to find some reviews and lots of them are very negative, saying their psu died within a week...

what do you think? What should i do?

UnlimitedBanana

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011

Yes, I did read a few reviews and it seems like that PSU gets both love and hate. The ones that complained about it dyeing seem to have had faulty PSU's. Otherwise the model itself gets quite a few positive reviews and opinions. Well you said that the Computer has warranty, if it does turn out dead before the warranty is up, they will replace/ fix it. And if it dies out of warranty. And if it dies after the warranty is up, well a year is about how much cheap PSU's live. I wouldn't really be concerned if it dies out of warranty, the Corsair 600W PSU's are so cheap, that in a years time you will probably be able to buy two for a dollar :lol: . If you don't feel comfortable with changing the PSU in a year though, then I share your concern, but if you don't mind, this computer is still a steal for the money!