Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Good stuff or bad stuff ?

Last response: in Systems
Share
September 19, 2012 8:33:44 PM

hello his is my first pc build.i was inspired by my friend into the technology enthusiast wordl :) . ive done some research and i think id like these parts for my build are theygood or bad please explain why aswell.oh and btw im custom watercooling the cpu and gpu.

CPU:7 2600k

mobo:msi z77 mpower

GPU:msi n670 gtx

OS: win 7 home premium

storage unit: seagate barracuda 7200.14 3tb plus a ocz agility 60gb for intel smart response cahcing

optical drive: asus sata24x dvd rw

case :nzxt switch 810

RAM:corsair vengeance1600mhz

PSU: corsair ax 850w modula (because then i can sli if i want to do that later)

also im gonna have about 13 fans all about 25db should i get afan cotroller ?

More about : good stuff bad stuff

September 19, 2012 8:42:31 PM

13 fans is quite a bit excessive when the Switch 810 only has mounts for four - check the specs: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Drop the Vengeance RAM unless it's low profile and get a good aftermarket cooler like a Noctua NH-U9B.

Also there's no point in pairing a 2600K with Z77 as you lose a lot of functionality. You want to get Ivy Bridge for this kind of build.
September 19, 2012 9:06:25 PM

13 fans? Even at lowest settings, they would sound like a jet. 4 fans is usually enough. 3 intake, and 1 exhaust.

And go with g-unit's suggestions.
Related resources
September 19, 2012 9:20:35 PM

The switch 810 has room for 10 140mm fans....

Just give me a budget and i will make you the best PC your money can buy.
September 19, 2012 9:21:26 PM

g-unit1111 said:
13 fans is quite a bit excessive when the Switch 810 only has mounts for four - check the specs: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Drop the Vengeance RAM unless it's low profile and get a good aftermarket cooler like a Noctua NH-U9B.

Also there's no point in pairing a 2600K with Z77 as you lose a lot of functionality. You want to get Ivy Bridge for this kind of build.


mind checking this out? http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/279224-29-ultimate-co...
September 20, 2012 2:01:37 AM

g-unit1111 said:
Is that a fish tank? :ouch: 


Yep.... it isn't my PC but i want to do something similar, any thoughts?
September 20, 2012 2:03:34 AM

idroid said:
Yep.... it isn't my PC but i want to do something similar, any thoughts?


I can't help you there - I don't think I could pull off such a build without drowning the components first. :lol: 
September 21, 2012 8:32:24 PM

obsama1 said:
13 fans? Even at lowest settings, they would sound like a jet. 4 fans is usually enough. 3 intake, and 1 exhaust.

And go with g-unit's suggestions.


well im running 2 x240mm rads in push pull for my watercooling setup thats 8 fans the the rest of the fans in the case it comes standard with 4 im just adding one
September 21, 2012 8:34:34 PM

idroid said:
The switch 810 has room for 10 140mm fans....

Just give me a budget and i will make you the best PC your money can buy.


no thank you id like to build it myself :) 
September 21, 2012 8:38:56 PM

g-unit1111 said:
13 fans is quite a bit excessive when the Switch 810 only has mounts for four - check the specs: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Drop the Vengeance RAM unless it's low profile and get a good aftermarket cooler like a Noctua NH-U9B.

Also there's no point in pairing a 2600K with Z77 as you lose a lot of functionality. You want to get Ivy Bridge for this kind of build.


the benefits of ivy bridge would be ?
September 21, 2012 9:31:37 PM

jeppishh said:
no thank you id like to build it myself :) 


Then why are you asking for an advise? are you seriously gonna risk your money and buy something crappy?? give me a budget so i cant post THE BEST rig your money can buy and tell me if you want a WC system.... just to show how a build is done but if you think you know better :p  come'on, how much do you have?
September 21, 2012 9:32:12 PM

jeppishh said:
the benefits of ivy bridge would be ?


PCI-e 3.0, lower TDP and better HT
September 21, 2012 9:33:00 PM

@idroid I have a 1200$ budget and am dying for build advice :) 
September 21, 2012 9:38:43 PM

1) Yes, idroid is right. You've made some bad choices, and if you give us a budget, we can build you a better rig.

2) @jrv8 Don't hijack this thread. Make your own, please.
September 21, 2012 9:45:34 PM

jrv8 said:
@idroid I have a 1200$ budget and am dying for build advice :) 


wo.... you want water-cooling with that??? i mean... you want to watercool your GPU and CPU, right? if so... don't do it because its not worth watercooling something so cheap :(  a watercooling system is for rigs above $2200+
September 21, 2012 9:56:27 PM

here:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($214.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($27.98 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($114.98 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($42.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($77.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
Video Card: VisionTek Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card ($429.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: XFX 850W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($84.98 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1183.88
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-09-21 17:55 EDT-0400)

This build allows you to add a second 7970 and overclock the hell outta both of them + OC on the CPU to about 4.2 (limited by the 212 evo)
September 21, 2012 9:59:55 PM

^^^^
If you're just getting one 7970, get a 600-650w, and do not get Visiontek. Get MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte, et al.
September 21, 2012 10:13:49 PM

obsama1 said:
^^^^
If you're just getting one 7970, get a 600-650w, and do not get Visiontek. Get MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte, et al.


Why not Visiontek? i know newegg reviews are useless but that card seems to have LIFETIME warranty and with a good case its "impossible" to make it reach 65°C and apparently is quiet too
September 21, 2012 10:15:31 PM

It uses a reference design. I'd spend a few bucks more to get better cooling.
September 21, 2012 10:41:09 PM

You're right. But some DO use reference.
September 21, 2012 10:43:50 PM

obsama1 said:
You're right. But some DO use reference.


Yes, but not that one ;) 
September 22, 2012 8:30:52 PM

idroid said:
Then why are you asking for an advise? are you seriously gonna risk your money and buy something crappy?? give me a budget so i cant post THE BEST rig your money can buy and tell me if you want a WC system.... just to show how a build is done but if you think you know better :p  come'on, how much do you have?

ive only got funds if i build it myself thats partly why. and also id also like to be able to build computers. once again no thank you
September 22, 2012 8:35:18 PM

idroid said:
PCI-e 3.0, lower TDP and better HT

i really dont need the PCie3.0. im overclocking and from what ive heard 2600k is better at that. and what is HT?
September 22, 2012 9:26:13 PM

jeppishh said:
i dont want any oil


That wasnt for you :lol:  it was for G-unit
September 22, 2012 9:28:19 PM

jeppishh said:
ive only got funds if i build it myself thats partly why. and also id also like to be able to build computers. once again no thank you


Buddy... i didn't mean to ACTUALLY build YOUR computer.... i am just telling you that if you give me a budget and a primary usage i can "prescribe" you the BEST parts your money can buy, but when your hands on them you're on your own :lol:  there a lot of "how to build a PC" guides on-line
September 23, 2012 12:34:16 PM

idroid said:
Buddy... i didn't mean to ACTUALLY build YOUR computer.... i am just telling you that if you give me a budget and a primary usage i can "prescribe" you the BEST parts your money can buy, but when your hands on them you're on your own :lol:  there a lot of "how to build a PC" guides on-line


well i f i tell you my budget is 1100~£ or 1700~$
then id add my own watercooling.
im overclocking the processor and graphics card id prefer nvidia over amd and intel over amd.
i want a 2 or 3 tb 7200rpm hdd with a ssd caching it. th case has to have space fro 2 240mm radiators without modding it and still have some air cooling. a 850~psu to be able to add on a another gpu later. home premium os 64 bit. only need a cd and dvd reader .
!