Plague? Really??

Can anyone confirm or deny the plague story that's making the rounds?

http://crystaltips.typepad.com/wonderland/2005/09/plaguelands.html

The basic story: according to the article, people are getting a
contagious debuff called Corrupted Blood from an encounter with
Hakkar in Zul'Gurub, and then infecting NPCs and players in cities
with it, causing mass deaths.

Seems to me if that was really happening it would have been mentioned
here already...

I haven't been playing lately, but my girlfriend hasn't run into this
on Hyjal, and she's low enough level that she would have noticed fast.

Thanks in advance!
--
Mike
28 answers Last reply

    Yes the plague is spreading around the world. Weird coding bug.
    Supposedly, they may fix it with today's maintenance.

    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-tech-support&t=489785&p=1&tmp=1#post489785
    Blue's Response to the Plague. Indeed the plague existed, albeit a bug in
    the coding.
    <mikeg.usenet@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone confirm or deny the plague story that's making the rounds?
    >
    > http://crystaltips.typepad.com/wonderland/2005/09/plaguelands.html
    >
    > The basic story: according to the article, people are getting a
    > contagious debuff called Corrupted Blood from an encounter with
    > Hakkar in Zul'Gurub, and then infecting NPCs and players in cities
    > with it, causing mass deaths.
    >
    > Seems to me if that was really happening it would have been mentioned
    > here already...
    >
    > I haven't been playing lately, but my girlfriend hasn't run into this
    > on Hyjal, and she's low enough level that she would have noticed fast.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    > --
    > Mike

    It happened in IF on Eldre' Thalas
    I didn't bother to make an alt when it was happening but there were many
    reports of it.

    There is a fraps'd video but you need a new codec. This has been all over
    since Saturday or sooner. Pretty sure it happened Saturday either before 2pm
    or around 6pm Eastern
    <mikeg.usenet@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone confirm or deny the plague story that's making the rounds?
    >
    > http://crystaltips.typepad.com/wonderland/2005/09/plaguelands.html
    >
    > The basic story: according to the article, people are getting a
    > contagious debuff called Corrupted Blood from an encounter with
    > Hakkar in Zul'Gurub, and then infecting NPCs and players in cities
    > with it, causing mass deaths.
    >
    > Seems to me if that was really happening it would have been mentioned
    > here already...
    >
    > I haven't been playing lately, but my girlfriend hasn't run into this
    > on Hyjal, and she's low enough level that she would have noticed fast.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    > --
    > Mike

    yep, this happened on Suramar in Ironforge. Actually was spread by the
    so-called "best" guild on the alliance side. They did this not once, or
    twice, but continually for most of Sunday. as a lvl 60, my heal rate
    outpaced the plague (i.e. i'd get damaged, and then full health b4 the next
    damage) - but the squirting blood sound and the graphic caused the lag to be
    horrendous. pretty stupid thing for ppl to do.

    <mikeg.usenet@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone confirm or deny the plague story that's making the rounds?
    >
    > http://crystaltips.typepad.com/wonderland/2005/09/plaguelands.html
    >
    > The basic story: according to the article, people are getting a
    > contagious debuff called Corrupted Blood from an encounter with
    > Hakkar in Zul'Gurub, and then infecting NPCs and players in cities
    > with it, causing mass deaths.
    >
    > Seems to me if that was really happening it would have been mentioned
    > here already...
    >
    > I haven't been playing lately, but my girlfriend hasn't run into this
    > on Hyjal, and she's low enough level that she would have noticed fast.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    > --
    > Mike

    mikeg.usenet@gmail.com wrote:
    > Can anyone confirm or deny the plague story that's making the rounds?
    >
    > http://crystaltips.typepad.com/wonderland/2005/09/plaguelands.html
    >
    > The basic story: according to the article, people are getting a
    > contagious debuff called Corrupted Blood from an encounter with
    > Hakkar in Zul'Gurub, and then infecting NPCs and players in cities
    > with it, causing mass deaths.
    >
    > Seems to me if that was really happening it would have been mentioned
    > here already...
    >
    > I haven't been playing lately, but my girlfriend hasn't run into this
    > on Hyjal, and she's low enough level that she would have noticed fast.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

    It is true, and there is a hotfix for it, since it is not supposed to
    spread outside ZG

    "Stavros Christoforou" <stgreek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > mikeg.usenet@gmail.com wrote:
    >> Can anyone confirm or deny the plague story that's making the rounds?
    >>
    >> http://crystaltips.typepad.com/wonderland/2005/09/plaguelands.html
    >>
    >> The basic story: according to the article, people are getting a
    >> contagious debuff called Corrupted Blood from an encounter with
    >> Hakkar in Zul'Gurub, and then infecting NPCs and players in cities
    >> with it, causing mass deaths.
    >>
    >> Seems to me if that was really happening it would have been mentioned
    >> here already...
    >>
    >> I haven't been playing lately, but my girlfriend hasn't run into this
    >> on Hyjal, and she's low enough level that she would have noticed fast.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance!
    >
    > It is true, and there is a hotfix for it, since it is not supposed to
    > spread outside ZG

    But the hotfix doesn't work they said.

    damn they patched it already? This would have been fun! Bring it back!

    Then all us small time players can have a real reason to grumble about
    those completing ZG MC & co.

    Mage, Kirin Tor

    Mel wrote:
    > damn they patched it already? This would have been fun! Bring it back!

    I agree with Mel; it sounds *hilarious* (I'm sorry I missed the
    streets paved with corpses of the dead) and absolutely appropriate. I
    mean, explorers returning from a remote, mysterious, newly-discovered
    jungle outpost bring back a highly-contagious disease that decimates
    the young and weak and severely weakens the strong? Entire books and
    movies have been written with less to work with!

    --
    <URL:http://www.pobox.com/~ylee/> PERTH ----> *

    Homemade 2.8TB RAID 5 storage array:
    <URL:http://groups.google.ca/groups?selm=slrnd1g04a.5mt.ylee%40pobox.com>

    "flame_thrower" <skankyxwhore400@charter.net> wrote in message

    > "Stavros Christoforou" <stgreek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> mikeg.usenet@gmail.com wrote:
    >>> Can anyone confirm or deny the plague story that's making the rounds?
    >>>
    >>> http://crystaltips.typepad.com/wonderland/2005/09/plaguelands.html
    >>>
    >>> The basic story: according to the article, people are getting a
    >>> contagious debuff called Corrupted Blood from an encounter with
    >>> Hakkar in Zul'Gurub, and then infecting NPCs and players in cities
    >>> with it, causing mass deaths.
    >>>
    >>> Seems to me if that was really happening it would have been mentioned
    >>> here already...
    >>>
    >>> I haven't been playing lately, but my girlfriend hasn't run into this
    >>> on Hyjal, and she's low enough level that she would have noticed fast.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance!
    >>
    >> It is true, and there is a hotfix for it, since it is not supposed to
    >> spread outside ZG
    >
    > But the hotfix doesn't work they said.

    Forget the hotfix! I think this is a cool game event and should stay in
    there for a while. Adds flavor to the game and keeps things exciting. In
    fact, Blizzard should do more of this stuff.

    "Rom" <singleandlooking@adelphia.net> wrote:

    >Forget the hotfix! I think this is a cool game event and should stay in
    >there for a while. Adds flavor to the game and keeps things exciting. In
    >fact, Blizzard should do more of this stuff.

    Yeah, I admit I find the idea rather amusing myself. I suppose I might
    be less enthused if my characters were to contract the disease, but
    it's pretty funny.

    --
    Exodus 22:18 can kiss my pagan ass
    www.lokari.net

    mikeg.usenet@gmail.com wrote:
    > Can anyone confirm or deny the plague story that's making the rounds?

    Yep, Ironforge, Refuge Pointe and Hammerfall at least were infected on
    Daggerspine last weekend.

    Cheers!
    David...

    This is the single coolest thing I have heard/seen since starting WoW.

    "Bring Out Yer Dead!"

    *rings bell*

    Rastus wrote:

    > This is the single coolest thing I have heard/seen since starting WoW.
    >
    > "Bring Out Yer Dead!"
    >
    > *rings bell*

    "But I feel much better, honestly! I think I'll go for a walk."

    On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 08:25:54 +1000, "Rastus" <zzrhardy@iinet.net.au>
    wrote:

    >This is the single coolest thing I have heard/seen since starting WoW.
    >
    >"Bring Out Yer Dead!"
    >
    >*rings bell*

    I blame the Forsaken for this atrocity. In fact, I blame them for
    everything, as they are the most evil and nasty player race ever!
    When are Blizzard going to implement my wishes for the "Burning the
    Undercity and its rotting minions" world event?

    It does strike me a little odd the The Forsaken are "downright Evil"
    when the rest of the player races aren't. How is it that theres a
    peace treaty (like I ever see evidence of that) between the Forsaken
    and any other race at all?

    Forsaken : So , going to die soon?
    Orc : Um, no, why?
    Forsaken : Nothing, just hungry is all.

    Vertoobli wrote:

    > On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 08:25:54 +1000, "Rastus" <zzrhardy@iinet.net.au>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >This is the single coolest thing I have heard/seen since starting WoW.
    > >
    > >"Bring Out Yer Dead!"
    > >
    > >*rings bell*
    > >

    > I blame the Forsaken for this atrocity. In fact, I blame them for
    > everything, as they are the most evil and nasty player race ever!
    > When are Blizzard going to implement my wishes for the "Burning the
    > Undercity and its rotting minions" world event?
    >
    > It does strike me a little odd the The Forsaken are "downright Evil"
    > when the rest of the player races aren't. How is it that theres a
    > peace treaty (like I ever see evidence of that) between the Forsaken
    > and any other race at all?

    You have a good point there. I moved my Undead mage to Orgrimmar locales
    after a few levels because I did not like the quests I was being given.
    Nasty stuff, for sure. He spends a lot of time sewing as therapy, now. Even
    the undead can reform.

    > Forsaken : So , going to die soon?
    > Orc : Um, no, why?
    > Forsaken : Nothing, just hungry is all.

    Cute. Never invite the undead to a picnic, I guess.

    > Yeah, I admit I find the idea rather amusing myself. I suppose I might
    > be less enthused if my characters were to contract the disease, but
    > it's pretty funny.

    Heck - the fun I could have with it would far outweigh any inconveniences...

    "/1. Oh my bleeding anus! For the love of god is there a doctor in the
    hou... *cough* ...ack - my spleen!"

    "Vertoobli" <motoko@null.com> wrote:

    > It does strike me a little odd the The Forsaken are "downright Evil"
    > when the rest of the player races aren't. How is it that theres a
    > peace treaty (like I ever see evidence of that) between the Forsaken
    > and any other race at all?

    They are nice buddies as long as they don't fall apart (it's the same
    as with KTM or Harley Davidson motorcycles).

    (The most evil race are humans. As we all know, only dead humans are
    good humans. Which makes the Forsaken better than the humans. I win.)

    > Forsaken : So , going to die soon?
    > Orc : Um, no, why?
    > Forsaken : Nothing, just hungry is all.

    This discussion doesn't happen on horde side, as we're usually killing
    stuff when playing instead of sitting in Ironforge on our fat asses.
    There's never a lack of fresh meat.

    Chris

    --
    [WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (60) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
    Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (21) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]

    Rom wrote:
    > "flame_thrower" <skankyxwhore400@charter.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Stavros Christoforou" <stgreek@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>>It is true, and there is a hotfix for it, since it is not supposed to
    >>>spread outside ZG
    >>
    >>But the hotfix doesn't work they said.
    >>

    > Forget the hotfix! I think this is a cool game event and should stay in
    > there for a while. Adds flavor to the game and keeps things exciting. In
    > fact, Blizzard should do more of this stuff.

    In terms of making it much harder for farmers to sell stuff it was a
    great advance. Such successful tricks need to be investigated further so
    that you don't continually have to keep adding trade channel spammers to
    your ignore list.

    Cameron

    > Cute. Never invite the undead to a picnic, I guess.

    Yes - it is always so classy to see an undead team mate cannibalising a
    corpse. I can never figure out how they just know which fork to use, but I
    get that is just part of my Orcish ignorance...

    Rastus a écrit :
    >>Cute. Never invite the undead to a picnic, I guess.
    >

    > Yes - it is always so classy to see an undead team mate cannibalising a
    > corpse. I can never figure out how they just know which fork to use, but I
    > get that is just part of my Orcish ignorance...

    Who needs a fork when you've got pointy shredded finger bones?
    My biggest regret is not being able to cannibalise Taurens, they look so
    tasty and juicy....

    Mage, Kirin Tor

    Mel wrote:

    > Who needs a fork when you've got pointy shredded finger bones?
    > My biggest regret is not being able to cannibalise Taurens, they look so
    > tasty and juicy....
    >
    > Mage, Kirin Tor

    You've never tried Tauren? Lots of good eating, there.

    RogerM a écrit :
    > Mel wrote:
    >

    >>Who needs a fork when you've got pointy shredded finger bones?
    >>My biggest regret is not being able to cannibalise Taurens, they look so
    >>tasty and juicy....
    >>
    >>Mage, Kirin Tor
    >

    > You've never tried Tauren? Lots of good eating, there.

    I keep trying but those big beasties won't let me... I just *know* that
    grilled Tauren toes must be tasty and crispy.

    On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:17:59 +0200, Mel <melodie@pasdespam.chezmoi>
    wrote:

    >RogerM a écrit :
    >> Mel wrote:
    >>

    >>>Who needs a fork when you've got pointy shredded finger bones?
    >>>My biggest regret is not being able to cannibalise Taurens, they look so
    >>>tasty and juicy....
    >>>
    >>>Mage, Kirin Tor
    >>

    >> You've never tried Tauren? Lots of good eating, there.
    >>

    >I keep trying but those big beasties won't let me... I just *know* that
    >grilled Tauren toes must be tasty and crispy.

    This is what I was talking about, YOUR'E BADNESSS INCARNATE, yet they
    still let you have your undead villages just a few minutes run away
    from where decent living folk live. I think most of the Horde are in
    for a suprise, but, given that most of them refer to day time as
    "When the firey ball is in the sky" thats not really unexpected.

    Q: Why are there no Orc, Dwarf,Tauren, Troll, Gnome, Night Elf
    Forsaken, come on, they are dead things, Orcs n gnomes die.

    Ok, the forsaken Boss, who for some reason, hasn't been staked to a
    tree and dissassembled, used to be a night elf, but where are all the
    others?

    Vertoobli a écrit :

    snip

    >>I keep trying but those big beasties won't let me... I just *know* that
    >>grilled Tauren toes must be tasty and crispy.
    >
    > This is what I was talking about, YOUR'E BADNESSS INCARNATE, yet they
    > still let you have your undead villages just a few minutes run away
    > from where decent living folk live. I think most of the Horde are in
    > for a suprise, but, given that most of them refer to day time as
    > "When the firey ball is in the sky" thats not really unexpected.

    Oh yes, we are badness incarnate; we kill and pillage all over
    Azeroth... Dire Maul, Blackrock, the Plaguelands...

    Oh wait, doesn't the alliance do that too? Damn why do they always have
    to come and try and spoil our fun?

    I don't know about "decent" living folk; are you talking about those
    silly humains at Dalaran that are so full of prejudices that they will
    kill a Tauren on sight, without stopping to enquire if it's mean nasty
    Tauren or a nice Tree-hugging family-loving shaggy giant?

    But that's all right, just gives me a good reason to whack 'em a bit
    more when they've been griefing a Tauren friend.

    > Q: Why are there no Orc, Dwarf,Tauren, Troll, Gnome, Night Elf
    > Forsaken, come on, they are dead things, Orcs n gnomes die.

    So do we. We are just dead a different way. Gnomes die, especially when
    we can help tham along; they may be small but they are tasty nonetheless.

    > Ok, the forsaken Boss, who for some reason, hasn't been staked to a
    > tree and dissassembled, used to be a night elf, but where are all the
    > others?

    Hiding waiting for you to go to sleep so that they can come out of the
    cupboards to play :D

    Vertoobli wrote:

    > Q: Why are there no Orc, Dwarf,Tauren, Troll, Gnome, Night Elf
    > Forsaken, come on, they are dead things, Orcs n gnomes die.
    >
    > Ok, the forsaken Boss, who for some reason, hasn't been staked to a
    > tree and dissassembled, used to be a night elf, but where are all the
    > others?

    We ate 'em all. We leave the bad tasting corpses to rise again.

    On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:55:50 +0200, Mel <melodie@pasdespam.chezmoi>
    wrote:

    >Vertoobli a écrit :
    >
    >snip
    >>>
    >>>I keep trying but those big beasties won't let me... I just *know* that
    >>>grilled Tauren toes must be tasty and crispy.
    >>
    >> This is what I was talking about, YOUR'E BADNESSS INCARNATE, yet they
    >> still let you have your undead villages just a few minutes run away
    >> from where decent living folk live. I think most of the Horde are in
    >> for a suprise, but, given that most of them refer to day time as
    >> "When the firey ball is in the sky" thats not really unexpected.
    >

    >Oh yes, we are badness incarnate; we kill and pillage all over
    >Azeroth... Dire Maul, Blackrock, the Plaguelands...
    PLAGUELANDS !!! SEE!!?

    >Oh wait, doesn't the alliance do that too? Damn why do they always have
    >to come and try and spoil our fun?

    But it is kind of the forsaken plan to kill absolutely everything just
    to even things out. Including their allies. That makes them stone cold
    evil barstewards. when They are in the room you must all stand in
    corners with your Hands/Paws/Hooves over your bitable extremities and
    I'll wager that for all your support you never let them make the tea.

    Vertoobli a écrit :
    > On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:55:50 +0200, Mel <melodie@pasdespam.chezmoi>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Vertoobli a écrit :
    >>
    >>snip

    >>>This is what I was talking about, YOUR'E BADNESSS INCARNATE, yet they
    >>>still let you have your undead villages just a few minutes run away
    >>>from where decent living folk live. I think most of the Horde are in
    >>>for a suprise, but, given that most of them refer to day time as
    >>>"When the firey ball is in the sky" thats not really unexpected.
    >>

    >>Oh yes, we are badness incarnate; we kill and pillage all over
    >>Azeroth... Dire Maul, Blackrock, the Plaguelands...
    >
    > PLAGUELANDS !!! SEE!!?
    >
    >>Oh wait, doesn't the alliance do that too? Damn why do they always have
    >>to come and try and spoil our fun?
    >

    > But it is kind of the forsaken plan to kill absolutely everything just
    > to even things out. Including their allies. That makes them stone cold
    > evil barstewards. when They are in the room you must all stand in
    > corners with your Hands/Paws/Hooves over your bitable extremities and
    > I'll wager that for all your support you never let them make the tea.

    Them? I AM them! Damnèd, how did you find out about our dastardly plan
    to rid the world of the living?

    I don't make tea, but no one seems to mind drinking my water, even after
    I tell them that it has been flavoured with a special mix of spices.

    Most strange that; I tell them that my water has a special mix of spices
    added that men (excpet the Forsaken) will find very nice indeed.

    Fools!, no one has ever thought to ask me what my spices do, they don't
    know that it's a special sterility drug designed to reduce the living
    potential of the world....

    ha ha ha

    Forsaken Mage, Kirin Tor

    Vertoobli wrote:

    > But it is kind of the forsaken plan to kill absolutely everything just
    > to even things out. Including their allies. That makes them stone cold
    > evil barstewards. when They are in the room you must all stand in
    > corners with your Hands/Paws/Hooves over your bitable extremities and
    > I'll wager that for all your support you never let them make the tea.

    The tea's fine, but you might want to pass on the stew.

Warcraft Games Video Games