Sign in with
Your question

Is nvidia going to enter the sound card market?

Tags:
  • Sound Cards
  • Motherboards
  • Nvidia
  • Components
Last response: in Components
October 1, 2001 4:15:08 AM

Right now I've only heard of their audio technology on the nforce motherboards that are coming out. Are they going to make a stand alone sound card? It might be nice to go out and buy an nvidia PCI sound card if they really are as good as people are saying.

Hmmm I wonder if you could integrate a sound card and a video card into one........

More about : nvidia enter sound card market

a b V Motherboard
October 1, 2001 7:59:57 AM

You could integrate a soundcard and video card into one. In fact, that would be the easiest way to get directional 3D, I'm surprised that nVidia isn't doing this, or if they are, that it hasn't been mentioned. Hmmm, a GeForce 4 Ultra with Sound, Video In, Video Out, hardware MPEG4 encoding, a firewire interface-now THAT would be a great card for doing some SERIOUS video editing!

Back to you Tom...
October 1, 2001 7:45:13 PM

I wonder if that would be a viable solution for ACR? I don't know any of the specs on those ports.

<font color=green>I post so you don't have to!
9/11 - RIP</font color=green>
Related resources
October 1, 2001 11:45:52 PM

i figure that they are going to have some chips for the nforce that don't work except for a certain part and that ppart migfht be sound so instead of throwing it out the will throw it on a chip and make a sound card out of it i figure it wouldn't be that hard to do

<font color=red>Gasoline + Fire</font color=red><font color=green> Can be a lot of fun</font color=green> :smile: :smile: :smile:
October 2, 2001 6:06:20 PM

Do you realize what you said? You said that the part that doesn't work might be sound, so they'll make a sound card out of it.
Hehehe

Good point though

October 3, 2001 1:15:43 AM

okay you already know that i make some mistakes it type fast and then sacn a them over so i don't catch every thing

<font color=red>Gasoline + Fire</font color=red><font color=green> Can be a lot of fun</font color=green> :smile: :smile: :smile:
October 3, 2001 7:23:32 PM

It was just funny. Sounds like Philips. Throw all the non-working chips on cheap PCB and call it a Seismic Edge.

!