Jacklehop

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
I am running dual radeon 6770's, I have been trying for a while now to get it to display on my 32" sharp aquos. I have tried every adapter there is, hdmi to hdmi, dvi to hdmi, dvi to s video, dvi to vga to well you get the idea. No matter how I set it up it just won't detect my tv. It does detect my little dell monitor just fine, it also detects my samsung lcd that is in my bedroom fine using the same hdmi cable and port on the video card. Could it just be that the tv itself is so old that it can't detect it? Its the first gen aquos sharp made. I do have all the latest drivers currently, any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

fastreaction

Distinguished
May 24, 2012
No it should work. Use HDMI to HDMI. Connect your desktop pc to the HDTV and go to the control panel > display > adjust resolution > You should see under display your HDTV, if not press detect and see if it works. Select it and it should work.

- Fastreaction

fastreaction

Distinguished
May 24, 2012
Okay do the following. Unplug the HDMI cable from both your pc and HDTV. Turn your HDTV off and unplug it from the wall. Blow the connectors of your HDTV and put the HDMI cable in it. Connect power to your HDTV. Turn on your HDTV and go to the right channel. Turn on your pc and it should work.

- Fastreaction

Jacklehop

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
Ok I just did all of what you suggested, it shows under my displays and resolutions that I have two displays connected, my dell, and the other one just says Display device on VGA. And there is nothing displayed on the TV, just a blue screen.

Jacklehop

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
I currently have my DVR hooked up to said TV using the HDMI port, the only thing about it is the sound doesn't work using that HDMI port which isn't a big deal I have that running through RCA anyhow, but that shouldn't affect the video from coming through I wouldn't think from my pc.

danawesome89

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
No, I don't think that would normally affect the video from the PC working. However, if it is supposed to carry audio but isn't then I wonder if that is a sign that something is wrong with it.

I don't know sorry. Good luck, I hope you figure it out.