Sign in with
Your question

Z77

Last response: in Components
February 3, 2013 11:06:27 AM

Hello, I'm a bit of a beginner when it comes to these kind of things, so go easy on me. Right, so I was thinking on purchasing a ASRock H77 PRO4-M and a Pentium G020 Ivy Bridge, but it got me thinking, does the said MOBO support that CPU? 'Cause you know, the description of the BOBO says that it only supports i3, i5 and i7 CPUs.. Oh, and, if the MOBO does support the CPU, would anyone tell me the G2020's overclocking capabilities. (PSU: CHIEFTEC Smart Series GPS-700A8) Thanks in advance.

More about : z77

February 4, 2013 2:49:32 AM

Hello Lollard :hello: 

To answer your questions yes it has the same chipset, as for the OC potential check this out, or this. Why the G2020? If you look at benchmarks, if I'm looking at the right processor, the g2020 is on par with the core 2 quad, which is a tech that is dead and gone. For a new build I would suggest the i5 2500k, check this out. The i5 is a little more spendy but well worth it, simple, stable clocks at up to :ouch:  4.8 ghz with simple aftermarket heatsink. If your looking at building try the New Build forum tell us your budget, what your using it for, and parts your looking at, and you will get some great suggestions on what to buy, where to buy it, and/or how to build it.

Just my 2 cents do with it what you will. :sol: 
!