Sign in with
Your question

Will Graphics Card fit into Case?

Last response: in Components
February 3, 2013 12:14:11 PM

Hello People!

I currently have a Thermaltake Shark Full Tower case, and inside there's some motherboard, some Intel core2duo cpu (E2600 if I'm not mistaken), a Nvidia Geforce 8800GTX, PSU, harddrives, etc.

I'm looking to upgrade it, since the 8800GTX is broken, the RAM is little and the cpu is old. Therefore I want to buy an upgrade kit which includes a sabertooth z77 motherboard, a intel i3770k and 8gb kingston ram (2x4GB). Additionally, I need a GPU, and I'm currently looking at the AMD Radeon HD 7970 (other suggestions are welcome!)

The question I have is, whether these components will fit into my case. I have just read that the HIS HD 7970 is 32 cm in length, but the 8800GTX is only 27cm in length (that's what I measured inside my computer). At the spot where the 8800GTX is at the moment, there is no space for a 32cm long GPU, as there are some bars or something in the way. Thus I'm not sure what to do... Can I move these bars around? Can I arrange the whole case at the inside newly, such that everything fits? Do I even need these metal constructions inside the case? Will the motherboard even fit the case?

Maybe I should tell you that I have never exchanged components inside a computer, but as I have vacation right now I thought I'd give it a shot. I was actually rather struck when I first opened the case, as there's a big mix-up of wires inside there. Are there guides included in motherboard-/GPU-boxings on how to physically set it up?

Looking forward to some opinions!

Greets, Puubuu

More about : graphics card fit case

a c 280 ) Power supply
a c 112 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
February 3, 2013 2:12:32 PM

Puubuu said:
Hello People!

I currently have a Thermaltake Shark Full Tower case, and inside there's some motherboard, some Intel core2duo cpu (E2600 if I'm not mistaken), a Nvidia Geforce 8800GTX, PSU, harddrives, etc.

I'm looking to upgrade it, since the 8800GTX is broken, the RAM is little and the cpu is old. Therefore I want to buy an upgrade kit which includes a sabertooth z77 motherboard, a intel i3770k and 8gb kingston ram (2x4GB). Additionally, I need a GPU, and I'm currently looking at the AMD Radeon HD 7970 (other suggestions are welcome!)

The question I have is, whether these components will fit into my case. I have just read that the HIS HD 7970 is 32 cm in length, but the 8800GTX is only 27cm in length (that's what I measured inside my computer). At the spot where the 8800GTX is at the moment, there is no space for a 32cm long GPU, as there are some bars or something in the way. Thus I'm not sure what to do... Can I move these bars around? Can I arrange the whole case at the inside newly, such that everything fits? Do I even need these metal constructions inside the case? Will the motherboard even fit the case?

Maybe I should tell you that I have never exchanged components inside a computer, but as I have vacation right now I thought I'd give it a shot. I was actually rather struck when I first opened the case, as there's a big mix-up of wires inside there. Are there guides included in motherboard-/GPU-boxings on how to physically set it up?

Looking forward to some opinions!

Greets, Puubuu

The answer is - if you have a full tower it will all fit, you might have to
move your hdd up or down(I have a smaller mid tower and I had to move my 2 hdd's
down for a 7870) & make sure the cables are out of the way.

Tom

your case is larger than mine by quite a bit, so it'll fit.
a b ) Power supply
a c 79 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
February 3, 2013 11:15:11 PM

full pc specs and budget?

!