What Type of GTX 670 should i get!

Hey just wondering of what ye guys think,which type of GTX 670 should i get !? Or should i get stock card!? Is there any advantage or disadvantage!?

Here are some examples of cards i was looking at -

EVGA GTX 670 FTW NVIDIA Graphics Card - 2GB
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 Windforce 3X
MSI GeForce GTX 670 Power Edition OC

Tell me which one i should get off that list or any type if GTX really as i dont know about the type of non reference cards,
Heres the rest of my build if its any help -


Intel CPU Core i7 2600k
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Generation 3
GPU=You tell me!?
Corsair TX750 V2 750W Power Supply
16GB (2x8GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance LP
Seagate 2TB Barracuda 6GB/s 64MB
Samsung SH-222BB/RSMS 22x DVD Writer SATA
Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO
OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD
NZXT Phantom White

Help me lads and lassies thanks :)
8 answers Last reply
More about what type
  1. It completely depends what you're objective is with the card.
    For maximum overclocking potential at the cost of loudness I would go with the msi power edition.
    For great, cheap performance without the goal of extra overclocking the evga ftw is an excellent option.
    For maximum cooling and quietness the gigabyte windforce is the best option, in this card the extra fans are allowed to run at much lower, quieter rpms while still keeping temps low.
  2. kevin83 said:
    It completely depends what you're objective is with the card.
    For maximum overclocking potential at the cost of loudness I would go with the msi power edition.
    For great, cheap performance without the goal of extra overclocking the evga ftw is an excellent option.
    For maximum cooling and quietness the gigabyte windforce is the best option, in this card the extra fans are allowed to run at much lower, quieter rpms while still keeping temps low.


    Great reply,i want to overclock it but keep its as low as possible both temps/noise.
  3. The 670 FTW will be the best option.

    It uses a GTX 680 PCB, a supped up cooler, and runs much quieter than any other GTX 670.

    Plus, the 670 FTW by itself outperforms the GTX 680 :)
  4. amuffin said:
    The 670 FTW will be the best option.

    It uses a GTX 680 PCB, a supped up cooler, and runs much quieter than any other GTX 670.

    Plus, the 670 FTW by itself outperforms the GTX 680 :)


    Thanks for the advice,and reasons.Im'a noob.So i can over clock the card more than when i buy it,or is it even necessary!? Is it overclocked enough!
  5. You could check out this test where some 670's are tested.

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-670-test-review,3217-16.html
  6. Agges said:
    You could check out this test where some 670's are tested.

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-670-test-review,3217-16.html


    I read that,it was very useful and great to know,i was planning on getting the "Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 Windforce 3X" originally so its good to know it was one of the best!Thanks!
  7. Of the 3 you listed, I vote EVGA 670 FTW. I was in the same boat, looking for a 670. The MSi you linked is the reference design. For $20, with the FTW, you get the 680 PCB and cooler, plus EVGA's service should it ever need RMA.
  8. I'm in agreement about the gigabyte windforce 3x card, it seems to be outperforming the competition in terms of cooling and noise and therefore works well in moderate overclocking applications.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Gtx Graphics