Could this run Crysis?

Mullac

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
Well hello there,

Just a simple question really. I'm wondering whether to buy this computer, as it's going quite cheap, but I want to know if its CPU and GPU are up for running Crysis, I always see the game as a kind of benchmark (don't know if it still is :p)

I'm mainly concerned about the CPU, as its only around i3 level.

CPU = AMD FX 4170

GPU = AMD 7850

Thanks in advance

Crysis will be a benchmark for gaming rigs for a long time yet :)
Get yourself on the C3 beta while its running, it will give you an idea of how the rig handles things :)
Theres also a few C3 related threads over in the gaming section, you may find some 4170 owners reports in there
Moto

He's not likely to buy a Pc and swap the chip straight out,
if he could then its an option but most folks have budgets and I reckon his is geared to the Pc being a straight up purchase with no tweaking necessary
Moto

Mullac

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
Yeah, I'm not really computer savvy, at all, so I try and stay clear of tweaking anything.

Thanks for the advice though. Any is welcome!

Crysis is still a pretty demanding game to run. It is more demanding than Crysis 2 since Crysis 2 was designed to run on multiple platforms while Crysis and Warhead were designed exclusively for the PC.

While the DX11 patch and ultra high resolution pack for Crysis 2 made it a more demanding game, I believe the original Crysis is still a bit more demanding.

Not sure about BF3, but Crysis will be easier to run than Far Cry 3 and Metro 2033.

Mullac

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
So would this CPU and GPU be up for running Metro 2033?

I'm not really concerned about BF3 as I have no intention of playing it.