Sign in with
Your question

Computer crashes when I play full screen videos

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 1, 2012 3:34:01 AM

Lately whenever I'm watching a youtube video or any other type of video, online streaming and I change it to full screen after a while or sometimes in a completely random part of the video the computer completely shuts off and I have to turn it back on. There is no freeze or anything it just turns completely off, and it only happens when I play a full screen video.

Sometimes it doesn't happen throughout the whole video but majority of the time the computer completely turns off. :fou:  :whistle: 

So if you can, please tell me what the problem is and what I need to do to fix it.
August 4, 2012 4:49:50 AM

denverb195 said:
Lately whenever I'm watching a youtube video or any other type of video, online streaming and I change it to full screen after a while or sometimes in a completely random part of the video the computer completely shuts off and I have to turn it back on. There is no freeze or anything it just turns completely off, and it only happens when I play a full screen video.

Sometimes it doesn't happen throughout the whole video but majority of the time the computer completely turns off. :fou:  :whistle: 

So if you can, please tell me what the problem is and what I need to do to fix it.

I've been having issues in the last few days as well with videos. Not exactly the same the though. My computer doesn't shut off entirely, but it does freeze to the point where I have to restart it, all while getting those wonderful vertical lines of doom. This only occurs while watching full screen videos online. If I watch them not in full screen, I can get through them just fine. It also doesn't seem to affect games at all. Only started happening in the last few days as well, I'm quite stumped as to what's actually going on. All the physical connections are fine, and the computer is less than a month old.
m
l
!